« Kevin Sites Strikes Back | Main | Excuses, Excuses...And VC's First Caption Contest »

December 03, 2004

Do It For The Children

image001.jpg

via KJ

Posted by Cassandra at December 3, 2004 09:33 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Do It For The Children:

» Dancing Queens from Cotillion
Tardiness is in no way becoming of a Cotillion woman, so for mine, I must sincerely apologize. This post should have been up hours ago. I just hope the post modern adage, "Always late but worth the wait," might hold... [Read More]

Tracked on September 13, 2005 01:31 PM

Comments

FIRST!!! FIRST!!! FIRST!!!

Posted by: MathMom at December 3, 2004 09:53 AM

Is there a limit to how many times you can vote Republican in one day?

Posted by: spd rdr at December 3, 2004 10:20 AM

One the first contributions -- via KJ. Yeah!

Welcome back Cassandra.

Posted by: KJ at December 3, 2004 10:24 AM

One can only imagine the carnage that results for every libertarian vote.

Since I am dog person, this news is otherwise not that interesting.

I hope CKC is pardoned though.

Posted by: KJ at December 3, 2004 10:27 AM

Sorry there's not much up yet. I'm still recovering from a stomach bug, so I was kind of lucky to get this much done.

Thanks for all your support guys - I've said it before, but you're the best :)

Posted by: Cassandra at December 3, 2004 10:28 AM

You're welcome!

Send money! $$$$ ;-)

Posted by: JarheadDad at December 3, 2004 10:35 AM

I have naturally been drawn to this site by the name, Villainous Company. I expected that villains would learn to incorporate. It only makes sense to limit your liability when you are doing evil. Chairface Chippendale operated as an individual proprieter and learned the hard way -- when the The City Court ordered him to erase his name that he had burned on the surface of the moon, he had to file for bankruptcy. It saddens The Tick however that so many people might be duped into joining forces with this evil site.

I say to you evil, villainous people of Villianous Company, KNOCK OFF ALL THAT EVIL! I will monitor this place to ensure that evil is contained. And I won't be serving lunch. The Tick caters to no man! Or wench!

And let me add that killing kittens is just plain ... plain WRONG! And no one should do it EVER!

Posted by: The Tick at December 3, 2004 11:10 AM

With apologies to CKC, I will never vote Democratic again.

I HATE kittens.

That makes me mean and heartless.

And your point?

Posted by: Purple Raider at December 3, 2004 11:33 AM

Nice digs Cass. We at the institute are very pleased to have you back. And thanks for the blog roll, although we have yet to figure out how to reciprocate, we eagerly await the Cassandralanche.

Posted by: Pile OnĀ® at December 3, 2004 11:36 AM

Well, at least your not a puppy crusher.

Posted by: Glenn Reynolds, not! at December 3, 2004 11:49 AM

Pile, I'd be happy to help you with any of that stuff if I can (although after seeing this place, you may not WANT my help :)

Like I said, it's not done. I only had a few hours to work on the template last night and I'm not a CSS expert, so I know it has "issues". In fact, I'm not 100% sure I set my own blogroll up right - that's why I haven't added any more links yet. I will clean up this weekend and be ready to "go live" Monday, hopefully.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 3, 2004 12:14 PM

Just because Cassadra won't tell you, her blog takes its name and quote from TA DA! Shakespeare!!! (As if you couldn't have guessed. Yes, the mighty Falstaff belches the words in Henry IV in a bit of drunken revelry.

So, faithful VC, here's where you can always hoist 'em if you got 'em.

Posted by: spd rdr at December 3, 2004 12:31 PM

1) CKC shouldn't have to worry. She's a full grown cat so she shouldn't be in danger. It's a good thing my cats are also grown.

2) I expected that villains would learn to incorporate - Posted by The Tick

Tick, you obviously haven't been studying your history at an enlightened liberal college. If you had, you would know that as soon as you incorporate you immediately become a villain. Just think of all the evil doers you've been ignoring all those years. Letting them sneak right under your nose without so much as a flinch. And you call yourself an enemy of evil. One might even suspect you're actually on the payroll of Big Comic. What exactly is your relationship with this mysterious "New England Comics" anyway? HUH?

Posted by: Masked Menace at December 3, 2004 01:02 PM

The Tick is not on the pay roll of any villian. There are many good companies out there. Like the ones that makes tissues for when you suffer from mucus invaders. And aspirin. And light bulbs. Where would we be without light bulbs?

You have made a dire miscalculation about me. I know the score. I am a public service, not a glamour boy! Not a captain of industry! Not a maker of things! Keep your vulgar moneys, all of you. Big Comic, Villainous Company, Maskkkked Mennnnace. The Tick cannot be bought. I don't even know the meaning of pay off.

I mean, I know it. I'm not stupid. Just not in this context.

Posted by: The Tick at December 3, 2004 01:20 PM

Gotta hand it to spd...the man knows his Shakespeare.

I will eventually put that on the IAQs page (infrequently asked questions), but I'm still trying to get the (*&^^ thing working.

Priorities...

Posted by: Cassandra at December 3, 2004 01:25 PM

"One can only imagine the carnage that results for every libertarian vote." - KJ

Actually, KJ, when you vote libertarian, nothing happens. :)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at December 3, 2004 01:37 PM

Where would we be without light bulbs?

Light bulbs are tools of our
Ann Rand worshipping bootlickers of the top 1% corporate masters so that we can be forced to stay at our desks and work past sundown. Two corporations working together to stick it to the little guy.

See, everything just makes sense once you start presupposing that corporations are evil.

Posted by: Masked Menace at December 3, 2004 01:41 PM

Lets see here. My list of super villains. J's, K's, L's, here we are, M's. Man Eating Cow, Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight (cross referenced with "E"), Mr. Mental and Mynda, Mr. Smarty Pants (aka, The Fin), Multiple Santa .... hmmm, there must be some mistake. No Masked Menance. Well, I will write that in ... there.

Masked Menance, you are now a super villain. Beware, or face ... The Tick!

Posted by: The Tick at December 3, 2004 01:58 PM

Don, that is quite funny. And true.

MM, I'd watch out. This guy sounds serious.

Posted by: KJ at December 3, 2004 02:01 PM

Ah, Mr. Tickems is in a snit, he is. Poor widdle
tickie pooh just can't get over being a parasite
and like a good tick, he knows a great place when he gets his head into it.

Of course, I am a Cricket and chirp regardless.

I love seeing you here, Mr. Tick. Welcome.

And it ain't even my blog.

About the puppy crushers: Doesn't that happen when one votes Democrat?

Posted by: Cricket at December 3, 2004 02:06 PM

A Super-Villian?

Me?

Really?

Yippee!

*Happy Dance*

Posted by: Masked Menace at December 3, 2004 02:41 PM

After all, he didn't go to "Menace" graduate school for years to be called frickin' 'Masked Nice Guy'.
So yeah, he COULD be a super villain.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at December 3, 2004 02:54 PM

After all, my grad degree was in "Sadistics".

Posted by: Masked Menace at December 3, 2004 02:57 PM

This post NOT approved by the ACLU,SPCA,DNC,RNC,NRA,NOW,NARAL,ELF,NASA,dammit, ran out of acronyms.....................
just suffice it to say that I am glad the web-mistress chose to amend the caption...the first time I saw this pic the caption read something else entirely.

Greg