« Plus Ca Change... | Main | Celebrity Obits »

January 30, 2005

Structure Of The New Iraqi Government

I thought this was interesting. If you're curious about how the new Iraqi government will be structured, click on the "Gov. Structure" tab to hear the accompanying video:

iraqi_structure.gif

Posted by Cassandra at January 30, 2005 11:16 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Structure Of The New Iraqi Government:

» HERE'S A FINGER IN YOUR EYE from Cold Spring Shops
Let's start the post roundup ... [Read More]

Tracked on January 30, 2005 02:37 PM

» Structure of Iraqi Government from The Baron
Villainous Company has a nice post on the structure of the new Iraqi government, complete with an organizational chart for the real nerds! For those looking for an "American" style of government, you are going to be disappointed. It looks more li... [Read More]

Tracked on January 30, 2005 07:30 PM

Comments

I watched a bunch of interviews with Shia and Kurds this morning and there was a recurring theme. They want Iraq ALL INCLUSIVE! They want a representative government established with provisions for minorities much the same as our Bill of Rights. Amazing! They actually want to very people that are killing Iraqi civvies to be included in their democratic form of government.

That blows my mind! If someone was killing my loved ones I doubt highly if I'd be so inclined to moralistic charity! Wow! I wonder how that will sit with the civil war doom and gloomers? ;-)

Posted by: JarheadDad at January 30, 2005 11:40 AM

Court of CASSATION?????Something you want to tell us about?

Greg

Posted by: Greg at January 30, 2005 11:42 AM

It is, truly, all about me Greg :)

Posted by: Cassandra at January 30, 2005 11:53 AM

*ALERT* Spirit of America is doing a two hour program on Iraq NOW (2-4pm EST) on CSPAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JarheadDad at January 30, 2005 02:04 PM

Are there two co-equal tops to the executive branch? Who has the last say on an executive branch issue?

Posted by: KJ at January 30, 2005 06:40 PM

Hey, look... with all the terrorism going on over there I was rather happy to see they had a bit of redundancy written into their process.

In reality, the PM has all the power - the office is largely ceremonial in nature. It's like the Brits - the President is a figurehead. The PM has the power.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 30, 2005 06:43 PM

As The Ebb & Flow Institute's Honorary Chair of the Department of Redundancy Department of the Ebb & Flow Institute, I agree.

Posted by: KJ at January 30, 2005 09:07 PM

In fact, I would have build a lot more redundancy into the system.

In the Executive Brach, I would also have on top a Grand Potentate, because that is a really cool sounding title to have.

Next to the President of National Assembly, I would have a Prime Minister of Iraqi Assembly, with two more Deputy PM's under him, and an Iraqi Assembly next to the National Assembly.

And in the Judicial Branch, I would have a Pretty High Judicial Counsil, with a Supreme, and We Mean It This Time, Court above them.

Posted by: KJ at January 30, 2005 09:41 PM