« KerryWatch®: Senator Clueless | Main | A Few Good Reads »

February 09, 2005

Dang...Should Never Have Let 'Em Out Of The Kitchen...

Interesting photographic study of women on Capitol Hill. How women are changing the face of politics in the US Senate - some truly lovely photos.

03.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at February 9, 2005 07:52 AM

Comments

I love black and white photographs because they ARE
nuanced. Those were some STUNNING pics. I will google it later and check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: Cricket at February 9, 2005 08:51 AM

I do too, Cricket. Looking back, I wish I'd had my wedding photos done in black and white. But then I had such a small wedding it would have been overkill... very Little Women-ish.

And that's exactly what I wanted. But if I had it to do over again... (sigh...)

Sometimes I think it's a blessing we don't have any money when we're young.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 9, 2005 10:56 AM

I that chick on the end crying?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 9, 2005 12:03 PM

Is that chick on the end crying?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 9, 2005 12:04 PM

I wondered the same thing, spd.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 9, 2005 12:39 PM

Well, it would be just like a woman. :©)

*running away very quickly*

Posted by: Masked Menace© at February 9, 2005 02:10 PM

I will reply to the title of this post and all I can say is that the decline of Western Civilization can be pinpointed to the exact second women were allowed to vote.
That officially marks the end of The Golden Age.
Since that day wars have broken out more frequently not only in the U.S. but across the globe.
Drug abuse and alcohol abuse has risen dramaticlly and it`s basicaly been nothing but gloom and doom, but I have a Plan.
My Plan calls for women to break the shackles of freedom and embrace their former privledged place as their husbands obedient wives and servants.
Come on ladies!! Do it for America.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at February 9, 2005 08:33 PM

Really Joatmoaf, how sexist of you. I, on the other hand am a sensitive male who believe in feminist issues. I seek to end all of women's suffrage, and I think that is something that both sexes could support.

Posted by: KJ at February 10, 2005 11:08 PM

KJ we should collaborate and form an orginization to end womens sufferage.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at February 11, 2005 09:47 PM

Mr. Joatmoaf and Mr. KJ,

There exists already such an organization: The EU
(Eunuchs United). My ex husband was a founding..uhm...member.

Posted by: Lorena Bobbitt at February 11, 2005 10:37 PM

Ladies, I think Joatmoaf is angling for a mass visit to Jet Noise from the feminine contingent.

Obviously he needs to hear from the distaff side of the house in his comments section - he's apparently living in a fantasy world...

Posted by: Cassandra at February 12, 2005 08:10 AM

Interesting word, "distaff."
It sounds appropriate for its meaning, but not for the reasons found in its etymology.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 12, 2005 08:24 AM

Masked Menance...
It will never never never happen. Especially since women have already accomplished that they can accomplish equally if not better anything men can do.
Let me help you again.. never never never never

Posted by: Pam McCratic at February 20, 2005 07:14 PM