« Need A Clue? Try Looking At History | Main | A Nation Mourns...Continued »

February 08, 2005

Eason Jordan: A Nation Remembers

dawn.jpgAs the sun struggled to break through the early morning fog gripping the surrounding hills, a sleepy nation wrestled with disbelief and shock. Eason Jordan, an American hero, was gone... and for many, the political landscape would never be the same.

How did this happen? The tale is the stuff of nightmares. Real spy-novel material - the kind of thing you expect to see in a Robert Ludlum paperback. A brave journalist takes on a power-mad, neo-conservative military junta. Before you know it, he's on the run for his life: in this topsy-turvy world, friends become foes, everyone's on the take, and double-crossing's the name of the game.

And then comes the final act: a double-tap with a Mannlicher-Carcano... and it's all over except for the flowers and the parades.

Somebody please send in the clowns.

images.jpg He never wanted to be a Hero. Growing up on the hardscrabble streets of West Hollywood, he just wanted to do his job. But the man affectionately known to fellow CNN'ers as "Mr. Jordan" or to close friends as just "sir" was the 'real deal' - a reporter's reporter. That's why, when he learned Saddam Hussein's Baathist thugs were targeting CNN's Iraqi staff in Baghdad, he bravely protected them by staying on the scene and concealing the atrocities from the public.

Some would have withdrawn the CNN bureau from Baghdad immediately. Or offered safe haven to CNN's Iraqi staff.

Some would have reported Hussein's brutality to the world, focusing attention on the plight of Iraqis living under his regime.

Not Eason Jordan. He was no rookie - correctly surmising that such a drastic step would negatively impact CNN's bottom line, he took the only logical course: he covered up the atrocities. In his April 2003 statement, he declared himself "relieved" CNN was now free to report the truth about torture in Iraq.

And report he did....with a vengeance.

RIP.jpg His hands no longer tied by the threat of Saddam's brutality, Jordan's troops at CNN were all over the torture story like an Army Reservist in an unsupervised Iraqi prison cell.

Jordan dug deep. He picked at the stinking, festering scab of torture ... never allowing the tragic plight of Iraqi torture victims to fade from the public consciousness for an instant:

Independent journalists operating in Iraq face arrest and even torture at the hands of the US military and the authorities are failing to act on promises to do more to protect them, news organisations have warned. Eason Jordan, chief news executive at CNN, said there had been only a "limited amount of progress", despite repeated meetings between news organisations and the US authorities.

"Actions speak louder than words. The reality is that at least 10 journalists have been killed by the US military, and according to reports I believe to be true journalists have been arrested and tortured by US forces," Mr Jordan told an audience of news executives at the News Xchange conference in Portugal.

Nor was this Jordan's only torture scoop - CNN's legendary evenhandedness was shown yet again when Jordan revealed how those lousy Jews have been targeting journalists for years.

salute.jpg Oh yes... Saddam paid a terrible price for his cruel treatment of CNN's Iraqi staff. And today, millions of grateful Americans showed they have not forgotten Mr. Jordan's efforts on their behalf.

clinton.jpgAnd so it was only proper that, at his early-morning graveside service a plethora of public personas, press cards in hand, could be seen pithily penning plentiful paeans in his honor, pledging to perpetuate the panoramic portolio of this peripatetic pedagogue and pundit who, for so many of the paparazzi, personified professional journalism and, moreover, did it with panache, prolixity, and a touch of piquancy. The Presidents he served so well lined up to pay their respects to the great man.

But sadly, in the end not even the patronage of these rich and powerful men was enough to save Eason Jordan. Once the forces of Karl Rove's sinister right-wing blogging machine were dispatched, the jig was up. Advantage: The ChimpReich.

gore.jpgThankfully, blawgosphere whack-a-moles like Michelle Malkin, that HindBucket feller, Tigger, La-Shawn the Barbarbian, Ed DrisTroll and even old InstaWhosit were conspicuously absent from the graveside. We can only assume these digital Nazis were ashamed of themselves. Or perhaps they were far too busy wallowing in schadenfreude to show their faces.

Either way, we applaud this rare instance of good taste in staying away from America's tribute to her Fallen Hero.

Next up... live-blogging tributes from Mr. Jordan's true friends...

photo-oliver_willis.jpgIn one of those ironic twists of fate that brings healing to a nation torn by tragedy, Eason Jordan's eulogy was delivered by one of the few bloggers to escape the rigid mind-KKKontrol exerted by the RNC. The nattily-dressed Oliver Wills gave an intensely moving valedictory. In the non-partisan and conciliatory language that has made him a favorite with moderates everywhere, Wills held the crowd spellbound with these immortal lines:

Sweet Jesus, I Hate Bill O'Reilly. I hardly get any traffic from right-wing blogs, because (I'm guessing) most of their readers don't actually click on links - certainly not from sites that don't agree with them. Too easy to crack the bubble of stupidity they've constructed for themselves, I guess. And we have them to blame for Eason Jordan's death.
Men like Eason Jordan were heroes. They were all that stood between us and idiots like that "douchebag of liberty" Bob Novak quoting unnamed Democrats concerned about irrelevant research about Howard Dean. Expect more of this as Dean works it as chairman. Who cares?

As his healing words washed over the assembled crowd like the Balm of Gilead, Democrats and Repubicans could be seen hugging and clasping hands in an attempt to put aside the bitter divisions of a hard-fought election. At last, AmeriKKKa was truly coming together.

What a shame it took the death of a true American hero to make it happen.

gorenut.jpg In an electrifying sermon that must have seemed like payback for last summer's RNC Zellgasm, former Vice President Al Gore demanded a Congressional investigation into Jordan's assassination. Sadly, the usual dignity and decorum attending any Gore speaking engagement were shattered for a moment when former Kerry campaign coordinator Mary Beth Cahill, clearly overcome with passion, leapt to her feet and, with her fists clenched tightly, yelled, "Give 'em Zell, Al!"

Back in the cheap seats, former star of stage and screen Barbara Streisand became distraught and had to be helped from her seat. As she was carried away, the actress/singer was mumbling about rain... or was it rein... and witches

developing...

Don't miss Dan Riehl's gripping account of the Pentagon hit job on Jordan - the 21st Century's answer to the grassy knoll. Riveting...

Posted by Cassandra at February 8, 2005 06:09 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Eason Jordan: A Nation Remembers:

» Breaking: Eason Jordan Shot: Pentagon Hit Confirmed from Carnivorous Conservative
I feel terrible scooping great bloggers like Villainous Company, Ace, Powerline, Wizbang, Malkin, Captain's Quarters and Bill Roggio and Co. at Easongate ... and obviously I'm not trying to rub it in their faces by linking them, as all of [Read More]

Tracked on February 8, 2005 07:24 AM

» in which I decide to pass the buck, so that I can run to Best Buy and pick up the new Malcolm X DVD from protein wisdom

Everything you wanted to know about the Eason Jordan affair but couldn't possibly expect me to write about, this being a rather one-dimensional little Jew humor blog and all…

Oh. And as long as we're on the subject of on...

[Read More]

Tracked on February 8, 2005 10:50 AM

» EASONGATE: MISSING IN ACTION from Michelle Malkin
Jim Geraghty asks a good question. Meanwhile, there's a petition to release the Davos transcript. The scandal has stoked Cassandra's creative juices at Villanous Company. Confederate Yankee takes on "Err" Jordan and CNN. Rony Abovitz, the original whis... [Read More]

Tracked on February 8, 2005 12:45 PM

Comments

More toast?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 8, 2005 07:53 AM

Where can I get me one a them pea shooters? HUHUHUHUHUH? I think I might have a close range weapon to take the place of my beloved Mark IV Bren over at Castle Argghh!

Hot diggety!

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 08:10 AM

So now that Saddam is out of the picture, and Oday and Qusay are dead, there is no one left to target journalists except...US FORCES! That's it. It is because of bias in the media that journalists are being subjected to 'friendly fire.'
Seems like Eason has been taking Menstrual Raincloud's courses in Alternative Logic.

Twit.

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 09:19 AM

...someone get the kitchen utensils... I feel a migraine coming on.

Posted by: Bush Ate My Soul... at February 8, 2005 09:21 AM

But it wasn't a bullet that laid him to rest,
Was a low-tech DoD toy.

Stevie

Posted by: S.Winwood at February 8, 2005 10:24 AM

ACT...isn't that the conservative version of MoveOn dot organism?

Why are the Democrats so upset that we took a leaf out of their book? Hypocrisy of the Left.

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 11:00 AM

A Nation mourns...........

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 11:40 AM

I dunno Cricket:

Over 100,000 donors joined ACT in 2004 to fight back against a radical right-wing agenda on the ground in 17 battleground states. Over $135 million dollars was invested to begin the long-term process of identifying, registering, informing and organizing voters and grassroots activists to demand change.

Posted by: Bush Ate My Soul... at February 8, 2005 11:50 AM

Dang ya, Cass!

No hanky advisory on this one?
I have been so profoundly touched by this stirring tribute that I have contacted a trophy shop here and asked them to spare no expense in creating a plaque (not the toothy patina kind) to memorialize Sir Eason, which I will be sending to CNN. (Perhaps I'll don white gloves and hand deliver it.)

From what I've seen of it so far--it's a beauty! It reads:
"In bed with terrorists~
Embedded with the troops.
In loving memery of Eason Jordan"

[no, they did not misspell memory-nor did I]

I will make certain it is not packaged with ANY styrofoam. It would appear as a cruel mockery should any small pieces of stryofoam break off--mimicking those 3 Zell-ets that felled him.
********************
I posed this question....curiosity, I guess months ago. How many troops have died solely because of the presence of the reporters/journalists? Whether because protecting their annoying arses or because they just got those annoying arses in the way. God forbid anyone would enlighten the urinalists...err..journalists as to the fact that, in a war zone -- on a scale of 1 to 50--they & their job is a priority 49.

Had Sir Eason not become a media martyr, perhaps he could have replaced that *evil* Gen. Mattis.

Now to go fix these puffy red eyes......

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 12:17 PM

Wow, excellent reporting, you and Dan make a dynamic duo, if'n I have ever seen one.

I had no idea any of this was going on.

Posted by: Pile On® at February 8, 2005 12:22 PM

Before the grammar nazi's attack:

"they & their jobs ARE..." and if that ain't good enough--it don't make me no never mind no how, dang it! YOU try error free typing thru a veil of tears. *sniff*

And I was hoping to make a killing off of "Jordan-Rather '08" bumper stickers.

Oh my..that was highly insensitive of me to use the "k" word wasn't it?

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 12:24 PM

Cat, I'm starting to wonder if it would be tacky to have an obituary contest for Mr. Jordan.

Haiku?

Limericks?

Of course I don't hate that man, don't want him to get fired, don't want anything bad to happen to him. I just want to mock him mercilessly until he either comes up with some proof for these allegations or admits he made it all up.

Posted by: Bush Ate My Soul... at February 8, 2005 12:27 PM

Ease On, Trooper

My flak jacket on
I cowered in my hotel
A target for gin

Posted by: spd rdr at February 8, 2005 12:34 PM

Posters here had better study their grammar. The grammar nazis are here. We will begin by rounding up all dangling participles. Do not even think about using that gerund unless you have a possessive noun preceding it. All nouns and verbs must agree in tense and number. Punishment will be forced labor at our sentence construction camps.

This proclamation is issued under order of our leaders, Strunk and White. Heil!

Posted by: Grammar Nazi at February 8, 2005 12:35 PM

You pathetic excuses for composition students thought I was tough. You have not seen anything yet. The Grammar Nazis are not to be taken lightly. I only wanted you to fail; not die.

Posted by: Mrs. Tingle at February 8, 2005 12:37 PM

It was emotionally draining to witness Eason's landlord's State Farm agent's nephew lighting the "Eternal Zippo"....Peter Arnett described the moment best when he said..."This is emotionally draining".Powerfull,powerfull imagery.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 12:53 PM

I dunno, Cass. You nor I genuinely wish evil upon his ignunt, idiot stick self, however --
IMMHHO (in my marshmallow hearted humble opinion), an obit contest for him wouldn't be much different than *people* expressing their fantasies of breaking out cases of Don Perignon at the news of a Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Rice demise.....OR the "Kill Bill O'Reilly" mugs and t-shirts! [a pre-emptive obit for a terrorist is fair game, however~!]

For me personally, I like to steer as far away from even the smell of the smoke that eminates from those on the left who with wild eyes & foaming mouths VERY much DO-- with utmost terrorist like sincerity-- fantasize with lust & longing, the death of their [right-ish] *opponents*
AND..God forbid the faux obits would give wings to Jordans claims via some unstable of mind conspiracy theorist from the likes of dimunderground who wanders in here and swallows it as factual.

Suggestion: What might be more benign & even funnier is doing *obits* for Jordans cushy career/job/reputation [Dan Rather redux], but not him personally.

That's just my 1½¢---[the 20 watt bulb in this 120 watt VC City. (~;)]

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 12:57 PM

Cassandra,

That was awesome. Great post.

Posted by: Confederate Yankee at February 8, 2005 01:03 PM

OHOHOHOHOH! I want an obit contest! All forms allowed: Essays, limericks, haiku, doggerel, blank verse and the like.

And Grammar Nazis, I salute you!

Heh.

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 01:20 PM

As a German-American I must protest in strongest terms the continued use of the term "Nazi".This was a political party folks...now it is a perjorative (sp?)...I blame Seinfield..Carry on.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 01:25 PM

Now Cass gets a plug from Michelle Malkin!! You going big time Girl!!

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 01:37 PM

Steady Greg... tomorrow I'll be back to linking to my old posts on JetNoise :)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 01:41 PM

Whom the Gods would destroy, they first give trackbacks...

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 01:42 PM

And to think.....we knew ya back when....Carpe Diem Cass.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 01:43 PM

Greg,

Since I do not see the big deal about using Nazi, I shall not cease disparaging Nazis. Surely you are not serious.

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 01:59 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I smell a "PUN"...Get it? Play on "HUN"?

Now, everyone join me in trying to keep Cass humble here, she will be a blog-superstar soon.

Greg

She writes too well NOT to succeed.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 02:02 PM

God, I hope not Greg.

Seriously.

This is just fun for me - there's too much crap that comes along with all that notoriety. Just let me stay in my little corner of the world and I'm fine. Anyway, I don't fit in with all those people anyway - I'm too weird.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 02:12 PM

Well, SURE!! That's what I admire about ya...you are a sick puppy.I admire that in a person.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 02:18 PM

Greg,

Cass probably rolls her eyes whenever I tell her this, but I remember more than a year ago now, semi- vividly just doing some domestic puttering around--close to bed time (3 a.m. ish!) and was thinking about Cass and her writing. I was simply compelled to go sit down & write her an e....simply to tell her: You're a voice, not an echo.

Fame is highly overrated--simply for the sake of fame, but boundaries increasing and horizons expanding when getting the truth out there has constant & inestimable value.

As for Cass's platform & sphere of influence getting bigger, it'll be like being on a road trip, so engrossed in conversation w/someone--all of a sudden you find yourself just "there".

[Psssst!..But don't go pouring it on too thick, Greg. It's already pretty obvious you're jockeying for a position in Cass's future blog cabinet as PuNazi.
]
*SWAT!...PhhhTTTT!...duck...run*

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 02:32 PM

Stop,drop,and roll cat......you en fuego girl!
Seriously, I've already got the best job in the world, but Cass sure can write...

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 02:39 PM

".....I'm too weird."==Cassandra
or too wired? (~;)

Speaking of "wired"...well, groaner would be more apropos:

Considering what my family in Holland went through--around 1942---Wooden Shoe be anti-Nazi, too? (~;

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 02:42 PM

WOW! Cass is playing with the big boys and girls.
Too fun. Well, I can't think of anyone more deserving with the talent and brains. I am thrilled that her writing and her insights are in cyber land
for all to read and think about.

Look, I told you I read Jet Noise with my mouth and ears open...didn't want to miss a thing.

CKC is good too, she needs blog as well. What say you, Oh Feline of the Airwaves?

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 03:14 PM

Oooooh... don't... stop... um... errr... huh???

C'mon guys.

Seriously, thank you for the kind words. My ego occasionally needs propping up. I get kind of discouraged sometimes, and believe it or not, I'd rather get feedback from you all than anything else - it means more.

I write mostly for myself, but also frankly for you, because you still show up even though I'm being cranky and no one loves me and I'm a royal pain in the behind. I know I'm way too wordy, self-indulgent, and quirky. And also not quick enough to jump on the meme-wagon, but oh well - I'm too ornery to change.

The thing is... you LIKE ME... YOU REALLY LIKE ME... sob!

Seriously though, thanks for being there. I don't know WHY you're there (probably the money I send each of you every week), but I thank God for you :)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 03:40 PM

Cricket,
I (like a friggin' broken record) concur re: Cassandra. Sometimes I think that delicate little head of hers is made of plated armour (~;).

As for ME having a blog? Much to my amusement, you're not the first to suggest it. [perhaps the 2nd of TWO..hehe] You're WAAAAAAY too kind, give me waaay too much credit and....and.....and......MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!~~ because I'm just WAY too uninformed. I too come mostly to try and learn, hence: the 20 watt bulb in a 120 watt city. I KNOW I'm WAY out of my [special ed] league here. Easy to stay humble that way though. Since I risk "humbling" my piggy bank by spending so much time becoming informed (rather than working). I need to narrow it down to a few cyber sources I can check in with every day for FACTUAL news.

Of course I have to balance out my coming here for edumuckayshun, with shooting off my smart mouth, too~~ and occasional bible thumpin'. (~;)[Much like I did in actual school!]

Funny! I was just thinking of you last night or Sunday, and how you've SOOOOO blossomed in your participation. I recalled how you have always humbly asked questions and say you were "here to learn". I noted how, along the way, you appear to have made *the Deans list* in all your blogging learnin' & participation. (~;)

I really just need to go back to school....like K thru 12 (~;)

This place does begin to "feel" more like the good ol' days of TOB, huh?

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 03:48 PM

I'se still learnin, Oh Wise Kitty Cat.

But you know who would also do well with a blog (sh.I think her husband is sleeping) is Mathmom.

I toyed with the idea for five minutes.

Some small news in my part of the red state:
Our homeschool group is finally organized and we are going to have our first conference.

I was asked to give a workshop.
Heh.

How's THAT for brainwashing? *going off and cackling evilly*

My topic is: "Homeschooling No Matter What."

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 04:12 PM

One quick question re: Homeschooling....

Where do ya go if you get suspended from school?Ya can't go home..

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 04:33 PM

That's easy - "go to your room"

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 04:34 PM

Doh!! That was simple, like the jitterbug, it plumb evaded me.

Greg

BUT!! what if that was their INTENTION all along?Back to bed,T.V.,internet,etc.???????
What then?

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 04:39 PM

Greg, Greg, Greg... Parenting 101

We NEVER let our kids have the following in their bedrooms:

1. phones
2. computers
3. TVs

End of problem

No supervision issues, no entertainment issues, nada.

They could have all the BOOKS they wanted in there, though. Amazing how much reading they got done in their free time.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 04:43 PM

I'll tell you another dirty little secret Greg.

I won't allow a TV in the Master Bedroom either.

It's amazing how much.... nevermind.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 04:45 PM

(we do have a little portable I can move in if someoone gets sick, but you'd best believe it gets moved right back out as soon as it's not needed)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 04:46 PM

T.M.I.

Greg

I DID audit "parenting 101", and do not allow TV, or 'puter in the BR.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 04:57 PM

btw, now that you are almost famous, you'll have to share with us what the heck "dispeptic" has to do with anything.

LMAO

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 04:59 PM

I didn't mean to sound like I was lecturing Greg - since you asked the question, it sounded like your kids did have them. That just happens to be a HUGE pet peeve of mine :)

I know kids who have them in their rooms and somehow managed to turn out perfectly normal - no horns on their little heads or anything. I just chose differently.

I have made my share of mistakes in parenting - there is no doubt of that. My brother does most things differently from us and his kids are delightful - imagine! He managed to raise good kids without his big sister's advice :D

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 05:11 PM

and Greg, the kids can't say the dog chewed their homework or they lost it. We don't have a dog and their homework is kept in a notebook in a file.

School board meetings are a blast, and sometimes
the principal and I....heh.

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 05:12 PM

TV in a bedroom?

How lude.

Posted by: Pile On® at February 8, 2005 05:14 PM

NO foul...I don't think kids should sequester themselves in their rooms either....and mine seem pretty well adjusted, though #1 DOES have them in his poom--it's a college dorm and I look the other way. LOL

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 05:16 PM

So Cricket--you shameless huzzie,

You kids tell their schoolmates that you're shacking up with the Principal and not ONE parent shows up at *the school* complaining?

What kind of no account school did you enroll your kids into?

No, I don't care if that was grammatically correct or not. Besides, grammar ought to be the least of YOUR (sordid) schooling concerns!!
(~;)

I wish I lived closer to my nieces & nephews. I could make some $eriou$ cash hackin' up hairballs on their *homework*.

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 05:21 PM

I think I let my oldest boy have a phone in his room senior year in HS - it was a privilege. Of course then he lost it when his math grades dropped an he got put on restriction.

I think if you don't load them down with stuff right away then you can give them stuff when they demonstrate they can handle it and then they really appreciate it. It means something, then, instead of their thinking it's some kind of God-given right.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 05:28 PM

typo...should read "ROOM", not "poom"

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 05:34 PM

Dang you Greg!
You didn't even give the Spelling Cheq Nazi enough time to dog you about your faux poom paux!..err...paw.

Cass & Cricket= SUPERMOMS w/lucky--blessed kids!

I hated mousing 101 and getting brushed. I grew up getting alot of swats. Nearly caught the house on fire trying to light up a cigar shaped catnip toy once. Dern near got de-clawed for that one.

And what Einstein thought up cat collars?? NOT for long hairs...not to mention, it seems just a bit sadistic to make have the cat wear the "alarm" to alert the dog whenever the cat's close by. That's just mean.

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 05:43 PM

My word, Cass - do people around here never shut up??? ;p

Posted by: Dan at February 8, 2005 05:52 PM

What is this "Shut Up" of which you speak?

Posted by: Masked Menace© at February 8, 2005 06:39 PM

Masked,
Me thinks this "Dan" guy is just getting cocky cuz his (friggin' hilarious) piece about EJ got linked by Cass. He's now the BSIB (big stud in blogdom), which (in his mind) anoints him to get mouthy here.

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 06:48 PM

Got no problems with "Supermom's" but howzabout a huzzah for Super Dads? This single-parenting gig is a lotta work.Dads need a little credit here.It's sexist is what it is.Maybe (probably) you don't recognize it, but it is blatant and recognizeable.We now return to our regular programming.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 06:48 PM

Hey...since when has any MAN needed a reason to get mouthy around here, Cat? :)

And you're 100% right, Greg - being a parent is tough - being a single parent is REALLY difficult.

I had to go it alone a lot, but always knew I'd get some relief, even if it took as long as a year. Psychologically, that makes a difference. My hat is off to you. It wears you down - parenting was meant to be a tag-team sport.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 07:08 PM

Thanks Cass.............'sides, I was ALWAYS more afraid of Mom, she had that Italian temper.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 07:21 PM

Well gee Greg,
I have had almost 2 years of becoming cyber-acquanted with Cass and Cricket. That's given me plenty of time to *gather evidence* to support the Supermom props I give em!

All I've gathered on you [in a short couple o' weeks] is that you're a smart alec..err...smart and witty [*thinking to self* and that it must be "that time of month" cuz you sho nuff are being overly sensitive".--hehehe]

I applaud ANY gender of parent who is committed to their kids and so wise in their raisin' em up!---Including & perhaps especially single ones doing the two for one ENORMOUS task....SO, huzzah to ya....now would you please untwist my arm...err...leg. [Cat's don't have arms and I try to stay in character to some degree.]

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 07:26 PM

Sorry Cat, but it IS that time of the month...the weeks between Groundhog Day and St.Valentines Day..but I'll be better soon.Thanks for asking..He-he.

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 07:34 PM

Greg,
Maybe someone will appeal to your feminine side that's been causing you these problems and give you a box of assorted, Chaste Berry, Angelica, B-6, Magnesium, Licorice Root Chocolates for Valentines.

You must really be having a rough go of it draggin poor ol' Punxsutawney Phil into the middle of your mood. I guess I never realized he was a she! The things ya learn here.

Remember,too, (s)he just REPORTS the weather. Sheesh. Imagine what ol Punxs has to deal with just minding his/her own business to get some fresh air and there's these hundreds of goofy, noise makin' people making a big deal out of it. Must scare the tweedle right outta him/her.

Now I need to go pay some attention to my [fur] *children*. I doubt they got their homework done.

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 08:07 PM

Only yankees could worship a groundhog.If it'd popped its head up around my house when I was a kid...well, 7mmMag is a groundhog stopper.

"kill it and grill it"

Posted by: Greg at February 8, 2005 08:13 PM

More toast, Greg?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 8, 2005 09:11 PM

Greg, "dyspeptic" was just my attempt to come up with a catchy tagline for the blog and it sounded better than 'grouchy' or 'disgruntled'.

Also sounds like I have a drinking problem, which on some days isn't far from the truth.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 09:16 PM

Greg, I am in awe of dads who go it alone with child rearing. That is a rough job at best, and like Cass, I have known that relief was in sight.

But I will keep you in my prayers just because I
think you might need some help over some tough spots (if you don't mind)

Huzzahs!

Pile, hows your lady?

Posted by: Cricket at February 8, 2005 09:22 PM

This was an outstanding article. Loved the satirical style. I just added you to my bookmarks.

Posted by: Leben Frie at February 8, 2005 09:45 PM

And for the kind words.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 8, 2005 10:55 PM

(*pssst! Cricket!*)

I was blushing so much after reading that you thought I should have a blog, that I had to wait until everyone left to thank you for the compliment!

Posted by: MathMom at February 8, 2005 11:02 PM

"But really, who wants to read a blog on homeopathy, alternative cardiology, and rapid, safe treatment for influenza?"

Are you kidding???? ME ME ME ME ME!...and you KNOW I ain't jokin'! Crickets right MathMom.

In all seriousness you would be a bizzy blog, Miss MathMom Thang!! COME OOONNNN!!!! (~;)

I frequent Dr. Michael Murray's (ND) blog as well as Dr. Whitaker (although his has become more of a supplement sales blog) and Dr. Reginald Cherry (Houston MD, but VERY naturopathic & prayin' wise).

And I know I ain't the only *weird* one out there that prefers the *meds* as close to how God made em'!
...now I need to finish that piece of chocolate, organic, non frosted YUM cake. (I love when regular grocery stores have close outs on their "Health Food" products. Stuff that normally costs $2-3 going for .90, et al. Sweet.)

I stopped at the Thai restaurant the other night for a carry out order. They needed enough time that I figured I could run to the store for my superbowl stuff. HA! Got totally lost in the close out sale stuff....45 minutes or more later...
Anyhoo...I paid about $33 for $109 worth o' stuff! I love it when that happens!

......back to you, MathMom...COME OONNN!!

Posted by: CKC at February 8, 2005 11:49 PM

Cass!

Quick! Run over here - N.Z. Bear's traffic analysis of Eason stories has you listed, as 1700-something out of 19,000+ - Top 9 Percent!

Posted by: MathMom at February 9, 2005 07:34 AM

Wow...weird :)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 9, 2005 07:43 AM

Mathmom, I DO!!! It is because of alternative medicine that a complete healing or remission can take place.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

Posted by: Cricket at February 9, 2005 04:01 PM

I agree MathMom.

I used to work in a Health Food store in Yucca and we spent most of our time talking about natural remedies and healing - that was when I was interested in going back to school and getting a degree in naturopathic medicine. I've heard some amazing stories. I know I had better luck with my migraines for years with feverfew, B12, and magnesium than with all the stupid drugs they dosed me up with - they just made me sick and made the pain worse.

It wasn't until I went to work that I had to give up and go on daily meds.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 9, 2005 04:06 PM

CKC, Criquette, Cass,

Thanks for thinking of me in this way. At the moment, we're still hip-deep in problems that take all my attention. I've got to keep my focus on the homefront, and I can tell from Cass's blog that preparation and research are required to make a good blog. I can tell that having techie skills doesn't hurt a bit, either, and I've been out of the information processing business for 18 years. I'm just a dumb user now.

When I can divert my attention from life as we in the Math household know it, I'll consider it. I'd want to make you proud, not turn out a piece of cr*p.

Posted by: MathMom at February 9, 2005 11:29 PM

Oh take your time, girlfriend, but know that we will be your biggest supporters!

and I am keeping the Mathfamily in our weekly prayer roll.

Posted by: Cricket at February 10, 2005 09:52 PM

Thanks, Cricket. All of us at Le Ménage De Maths thank you for that.

Posted by: MathMom at February 11, 2005 06:37 AM