« Friday Song Game | Main | Sgrena Lied, Italians Died »

April 30, 2005

TURD IN THE BLOGOSPHERE

The Puppy Blender is Evil... may his stomach roast in Hell for all Eternity:

Turd in a punchbowl?
Well this is really lame…
Turd in a punchbowl
Wonder who’s to blame?

The Left side of the B-sphere
Would keep the bowl pristine
With lots of leg-i-sla-shun
To keep it squeaky clean

What’s more, they’ve got the answer -
They know just who’s to blame
Since the Chimp raped the environment
Nothing’s been the same

The Right side of the B-sphere
Is equally assured
That Blue-state FemiNazis
Are behind that awful Turd

Or transgendered Commie atheists
With their heathen, Godless ways
They’re always pooping in our punch
Just ask poor Tom DeLay

And those horrid Livid Terriers
Don’t see what’s the big deal
“So what if there’s a turd in there?
Why should that make you squeal?”

“Life is full of turds”, they say
But absent force or fraud
There’s nothing you can do 'bout turds
Let the market be your God.

Turd in a punchbowl?
How on earth did it get here?
Turd in a punchbowl
I believe I’ll have a beer...

I hereby tag TigerHawk, Heigh-Ho, and Castle Argghhh!!!

If you're clueless as to what's going on here (I was) original rulz are here or you can start at the Puppy Blender and work backwards until you're completely bewildered.

Posted by Cassandra at April 30, 2005 03:27 PM

Comments

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

The Punchbowl Meme has now mutated into full-blown Political Commentary.

The extra verses are not, strictly speaking, required; however, this piece is definitely a Magnum Opus of Turdmeme Poetry. Thanks for playing!

And now, I need a shower...

Posted by: Elisson [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 04:06 PM

Turdmeme Poetry???

Good God, I'm still laughing at that one. Thank you sir, you are too kind.

Posted by: Cassandra [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 04:20 PM

Nice.

And I don't throw that word around lightly.

Don't be angry at Cass spd. After I got tagged last night, you were doomed anyhoo.

Posted by: Pile On [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 04:41 PM

Dammit! Now I have to spend my Saturday night writing bad poetry instead of... Well, I'm not sure what I was going to do, but it would have been great!

Posted by: TigerHawk [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 05:46 PM

Awesome, simply awesome, Cass. I would bet that the Puppy Blender knew you would make a gem out of a turd. :)

I'm thinking that he might have been wise and included the original rules, rather then being very longwinded, and getting everyone else to think they had to write alot.

But, it was worth it.

Posted by: William Teach [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 06:41 PM

Feh. Here I am, miserable, trying to hack the gack outta my lungs, running a fever, being mean to SWWBO, and you do this to me.

Jeez, wench, yer timing is amazing.

I hate you.

I hate you.

I hate you.

Cripes, I hafta rhyme?

Urk.

Farkgle!

Did I mention I hate you?

Posted by: John of Argghhh! [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 06:47 PM

William, I did look up the original rules, but if I was going to write about a... well, what I had to write about, I was going to do it my way :)

TH, John, mea culpa maxima. NOT!

John stop being mean to Beth. You don't have to do this until you feel better and only two lines have to rhyme - get her to help you.

Posted by: Cassandra [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 09:04 PM

I will admit, I cheated. Looked up a rhyming dictionary. Poetry 'taint my bag, baby. Ooohhh, behave. Yeah.

Ooops. Indeed.

Posted by: William Teach [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 09:17 PM

Cowards.
She loves me.

Posted by: spd rdr [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 30, 2005 11:02 PM

It's true: there's no use denying it :)

Posted by: Cassandra [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 1, 2005 07:37 AM

I understand that I have that same effect on most women. It must be the cologne.

Posted by: spd rdr [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 1, 2005 08:26 AM

Mmmm... well, there is that. Or it could be that irrestistible combination of modesty and New Age sensitivity - it's deadly to the female of the species :)

Posted by: Cassandra [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 1, 2005 09:49 AM

You aimed at enough targets on that one Cass. What a great shitty poet you are.

Posted by: KJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 2, 2005 10:42 AM

Ummm thanks, I think. I strive to be an equal-opportunity offender.

Posted by: Cassandra [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 2, 2005 11:10 AM