« NY TimesWatch®: It's A Crying Plame... | Main | Zut Alors! Le Worm Journalistique, She Has Turned! »

July 06, 2005

The Cost

Interesting item via Reason's Hit and Run - a map showing the distribution of US servicemembers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. You can get varying levels of detail - clicking on points on the actual map will open a new window with the name, age and other information about each soldier from a given town.

deathmap.jpg

Something we should not forget.

Posted by Cassandra at July 6, 2005 09:15 AM

Comments

I linked to the map, having gotten there via Drudge - my observation is... the Blue States, regardless of the amount of Blue from there serving in the forces, are bleeding as well.

Credit where credit is due.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at July 6, 2005 11:12 AM

You're right. And I won't make any snarky remarks about adjusting for population density :)

Posted by: Cassandra at July 6, 2005 11:21 AM

...she said, slipping the snark between the ribs.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at July 6, 2005 04:17 PM

Oh baby, don't pretend you don't like it when I slip it in...

Posted by: Cassandra at July 6, 2005 04:20 PM

...she said, and ran like crazy, *blushing furiously* (but also laughing like a demon)

Posted by: Cassandra at July 6, 2005 04:22 PM

Heh - yer the one whose gonna get in trouble with the Big Unit!

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at July 6, 2005 04:45 PM

John of Argghhh,

That is the same discussion going on over at Reason. I will give you the same response I gave there.

*******************************************
I'm not buying it. I don't think the map does anything to disprove the obvious fact that the coasts are decadent enclaves. Just like it doesn't disprove the fact that more siblings in Alabama marry than in California. Of course, that just might be because a higher percentage of people born in decadent California are bastards, so the birth cirtificates don't identify them as half-siblings when the marry.

Hard to tell on that one. But the Coasts are unpatriotic, decadant bastards.

Posted by: KJ at July 6, 2005 05:06 PM

John darlin', the Unit knows better than to check in here. He knows I love him more than life itself. It is deeds that count in life, not words. That is a lesson he taught me. And if you look at deeds, I have never, never given him the slightest reason to doubt me. Never.

He also knows I'm a saucy wench. But where deeds are concerned, I'm true-blue. For 26 years, and that's more than most women can say in this modern world. I'm a throwback. I still believe in promises.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 6, 2005 05:20 PM

Is there a similar type map for convicted sex offenders? I'll bet California is one great big red ball.

Posted by: KJ at July 10, 2005 09:24 PM