« John Roberts Is Not Healthy For Women And Children and Other Living Things... | Main | Because I'm Bored »

August 29, 2005

Worse Than We Thought

I was doing some online research and I now realize that I, like most other women, am a victim of repressed rape trauma:

As you are no doubt aware, last year we calculated the total number of rapes in the US per anna, basing our numbers largely on actual police reports. However, as it is well-known, rape is the most underreported crime in the US, and so we had to extrapolate increased percentages from the raw data. For increased numerical accuracy, we passed out surveys to rape victims at women’s shelters to gauge their perceptions and feelings about rape. We also factored in date rapes and marital rapes, because a woman who has sex with her husband of 30 years with whom she’s already had sex thousands of times is still being penetrated, and so consent or not, she’s being just as violated as if some stranger had tackled her in a dark alley. Anyway, our final statistics from last year gave us the figure of approximately 1,600,000,000 rapes in the US per annum, a truly horrifying figure.

I'm telling you, I work with statistics, and the numbers don't lie.

The really scary thing about all this is that the horror of constant rape causes these traumatic memories to be repressed deep within the female psyche... sometimes SO deeply that the Victym is UNAWARE SHE HAS EVEN BEEN BRUTALLY ATTACKED:

In fact, I was initially relieved to hear this figure, as I had estimated it would be much higher. However, I then realized a truly horrifying thought: to the best of my knowledge, I WAS ONLY RAPED TWICE LAST YEAR. This can only mean that I was raped eight additional times without my knowledge.

I asked some of the other women at work about this, and to our horror, some of them HAD NO MEMORY OF BEING RAPED AT ALL, which means they were raped TEN TIMES without even being aware of it.

So this year, for increased numerical accuracy, we compensated for the estimated number of “unknown rapes,” as we call them, and arrived at the shocking figure of 16 rapes per woman, or over 2.5 billion per year IN THE U.S. ALONE!!!

That's it. When the Unit gets home tonite, he's going to have some 'splainin' to do.

Vile, sexist torturing pig.

Posted by Cassandra at August 29, 2005 06:55 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Worse Than We Thought:

» A Small Confession... from The Stupid Shall Be Punished
Now, for people who feel the same way about feminism that I do about tin-foil-hatters, the beautiful and talented Cassandra has led me to a new website in the BlameBush! mold: feministing.org. (Warning: this website contains bad words!) The "womyn" who... [Read More]

Tracked on August 29, 2005 09:44 PM

Comments

I just feel so...violated...NOT!

Posted by: JannyMae at August 29, 2005 07:20 PM

That site is actually quite interesting...and funny!

On sexual harrassment:

"First, Male heterosexuality is based on domination and violence but female heterosexuality is based on rainbows and happy thoughts. Therefore females are horribly oppressed by your speech but you are not harmed or bothered by the same speech when it comes from a female. This assumption is necessary to guarantee equal treatment for both sexes."

Posted by: JannyMae at August 29, 2005 07:23 PM

Yeah, I rather liked this on RadFem doublespeak, myself:

But don’t get me wrong: “a lack of competent applicants” would be bullshit if it was ever used to justify not hiring a female into a male-majority institution. The offending institution would be obligated to spare no expense to seek-out, encourage and advance females throughout its ranks regardless of how badly they might match the positions.

“Lack of qualified (female) applicants”! Hah! What a flimsy pretext. Establishing equality between the sexes is too important to not take drastic measures… when the right people can benefit, that is.

(Sigh! The mental acrobatics that feminism requires can often be tricky, but I somehow manage to perservere without my head hurting too much.)

Heh...

Posted by: Cassandra at August 29, 2005 07:31 PM

As a progryssyve, non-raping, Y-chromosone-afflicted persyn, I have always supported the only option that will end this plague forever: mandatory lesbianism -- unafraid, unapolgetic, open, public, and preferably videotaped.

I think the femynysts at that site are going to give Liberal Larry a run for his money in that particular corner of the blogosphere...

Posted by: Bubblehead at August 29, 2005 07:55 PM

"However, since there are only 158,234,888 women (approximately) in the US, this led us to one inescapable conclusion: Each woman in the US is raped approximately 10 times per year."

I suppose that means that lesbians are raping their partners on an equal footing as husbands rape their wives. Thats equality for you!

Posted by: David M at August 29, 2005 08:09 PM

Womyn are never violent - they are incapable of doing anything morally or legally wrong. Of course you, as a man, are incapable of realizing this because you are in the grip of Testosterone. The Womyn's movement would be happy to free you of this oppressive burden, however.

Heh...

Posted by: Cassandra at August 29, 2005 08:13 PM

I should have seen that one coming.

lol.

Posted by: David M at August 30, 2005 10:52 AM

"...per anna?"

The correct Latin word for "year" is "annus", a noun of the masculine gender. When used with the preposition "per", the correct accusative case noun ending is "per annum".

I realize the womyn author hates men and desires to banish the masculine gender from public discourse and replace it with the feminine. But if you do that, the "correct" accusative case noun ending for the feminine mutation of the Latin noun ("anna") would be "per annam", not "per anna".

Of course, "anna" might be the name of the tendentious cretin who authored this knee-slapper.

Posted by: The Great Santini at August 30, 2005 04:01 PM

The correct Latin word for "year" is "annus"

*biting her tongue and walking away sloooow-ly* :D

Posted by: Cassandra at August 30, 2005 04:13 PM

I am not in the grip of Testosterone. I am in the grip of a large mortgage on my home and concern about financing the higher education of my off-spring (well, yeah, they're boys, so maybe they can just dig ditches when the grow up), and if there are any Liberated and Enlightened Womyn out there who would like to be of help, I can forward an address to which therapeutic dollars can be sent.
And thanks for not smoking.

Posted by: David, with no M at August 30, 2005 05:10 PM

*Wow*

I don't know what to say.

I'm a felon.

Posted by: ceramic at August 30, 2005 05:40 PM

Very funny, Cass.:)

Posted by: David, still no M in sight at August 30, 2005 08:10 PM

All men are Thought Criminals. You just don't realize your many crimes unless we Wimmyn help you out by telling you how badly you've screwed up so you don't have to hurt yourselves figgerin' it out.

Then we let you make it up to us. See how nice we are? :)

Posted by: Cassandra at August 30, 2005 08:17 PM

And after he installs the vent I am going to...
have a repressed memory.

Heh.

Posted by: Cricket at August 30, 2005 08:59 PM

Cass, I had the same thought you did about the translation of year.

This is all about feelings, you know. Not what they think about rape, but what they feel about it.

And I wonder if lesbian rape was a factor?

Posted by: Cricket at August 30, 2005 09:03 PM

To David without a M....are you sure we aren't the same person...we seem to be in the same boat.

Posted by: David M at August 31, 2005 11:18 AM