« Night Of The Living Katrina Game | Main | »

September 13, 2005

Roberts Hearing

Is it just me, or is Roberts wiping the floor with his Inquisitors?

I nearly spit out my drink when Senator Frankenstein asked him whether a wife in fear of spousal abuse was required to notify her husband before having an abortion 'as held by the Court in [mumble...mumble...mumble... (I didn't hear the case name - I think it was Casey)]' and she pressed him to answer whether he agreed.

Roberts replied:

"Why yes: I agree that the Court so held, and their decision of course would be due deference under stare decisis."

Heh...

Posted by Cassandra at September 13, 2005 03:59 PM

Comments

I was listening to the radio while supporting Bush's war for oil, and the hissy fit that Senator Biden had about his 'misleading answers' was most interesting. The Dread Pirate Roberts said that his answers were accurate and not misleading.

Leads me to believe that one's answers are living, breathing responses to Moonbats.

Posted by: Cricket at September 13, 2005 04:57 PM

Biden is such a woman.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 13, 2005 07:25 PM

He said that, did he? Now that's a clever fellow, indeed.

Posted by: Grim at September 13, 2005 08:01 PM

He was really quite impressive Grim.

Why am I in here? I'm supposed to be cooking pad thai and putting up drapery rods, that's why.

Grrr....

Posted by: Cassandra at September 13, 2005 08:17 PM

It was pretty apparent that Roberts is the smartest guy in the room.

Posted by: AmericanME at September 13, 2005 10:54 PM

Husband's comment was that it ought to be illegal for Roberts to make Biden, Jabba the Kennedy, etc., look like utter fools on national tv..(said with a big grin, of course).

I would have paid real money to know what he was thinking as he was dealing with them. I love a good snark.

Posted by: Carrie at September 14, 2005 07:16 AM

You are doing a true labor of love in cooking pad thai. That dish has been upgraded to 'Princess Kitty approved.' She loves shrimp.

Anyway, you are here because you write well, have excellent insights and we love a good snark.

Biden is not a woman. He is a feminazi. He also suffers from PMS.

Posted by: Cricket at September 14, 2005 03:41 PM