« Update Your Blogrolls | Main | Bush And Truman: A Comparison »

October 07, 2005

Fear, Loathing, Suckitude

You know until this moment, I did not realize it was possible for a human being to suck this deeply and irredeemibly....

This means war.

Heh...

Posted by Cassandra at October 7, 2005 02:51 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Fear, Loathing, Suckitude:

» Preview Of The Miers Confirmation Hearings from Cutting Edge Of Ecstasy
Some people really can predict the future, and sometimes it's not pretty. If you want to know what ugliness lies ahead for President Bush's nominee for the Supreme Court, Harriet Miers, be sure to see 'A Preview Of The Miers... [Read More]

Tracked on October 8, 2005 08:44 PM

Comments

This means war.

But I fear confrontation!

Perhaps you could just send me a firmly worded letter.

Posted by: Hubris at October 7, 2005 03:41 PM

How about a snarky email?

Oh wait... that's not much of a threat, is it?

Posted by: Cassandra at October 7, 2005 03:46 PM

It would make me burst into tears, but the end of that movie Love Actually does too, so I'm probably not a good barometer vis-a-vis threat severity.

Posted by: Hubris at October 7, 2005 03:57 PM

I'm still laughing trying to imagine you crying over Love, Actually...

My God, how many times have I seen *parts* of that movie. I don't believe I've ever sat through the entire thing.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 7, 2005 04:12 PM

Those manipulative filmmaker bastards take the good-hearted little boy whose mother had just died, and have him run through an airport, evading security, to bravely declare his love for the girl he has an impossible crush on.

For God's sake, don't they know I'm only human? If you prick me, do I not bleed?

Posted by: Hubris at October 7, 2005 04:31 PM

Don't, don't force yourself or anyone else to see that pathetic excuse of a Hugh Grant blinkfest. Why do I not remember the airport part Hubris mentions? Well, I'll just count it a mercy.

Posted by: tee bee at October 7, 2005 05:17 PM

Well, Smokey and the Bandit made me cry too. Bandit and Carrie loved each other so much!

Posted by: Hubris at October 7, 2005 05:23 PM

Dude, you are spending waaaaaay too much time in front of the tube!

I remember it. Wasn't the girl 10X taller than he was? And she had this funky crocheted cap on?

Or was that some other movie and I'm just spacing out?

The sad thing is that I was trying to remember whether Colin Firth was involved in a seedy sex scandal or not, but I'm so lame I never know about these things so I had to Google it, and then my husband came home with a big bottle of wine for me and I had to admit (well I didn't, but I'm terminally honest and besides it was funny) that I was Googling "Colin Firth sex tapes" but was too inept to find anything.

His response: "Do you need a man to help you find sex tapes on line"?

Well, it's not like I normally go looking for that sort of thing, hon. I was just trying to find out if the rumor was true (be still! my beating heart!).

Posted by: Cassandra at October 7, 2005 05:38 PM

I've got Colin Farrell's penis (safe for work? I guess it depends) at my site, but no Colin Firth. Sorry!

Y'all enjoy the wine.

Posted by: Hubris at October 7, 2005 05:54 PM

Holy crap... that's what I was thinking of. Well I work at home, so everything's safe for work unless I drive into the office!

I never pay attention to movie star stuff. I'm so glad it wasn't Colin Firth. He's one of the few movie stars I find marginally attractive.

And we will - trust me :) The poor man is afraid to come through the front door without offering up a bottle of something as propitiation...either that or he thinks I'm easy.

Yikes. Boston is still behind.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 7, 2005 06:27 PM

I can't see how anyone can tell me I suck ever again.

I would say more, but I have to go have shit sandwich now.

Posted by: Pile On at October 7, 2005 09:33 PM

I feel the need to punch things.
But I'll get over it.

Posted by: spd rdr at October 7, 2005 10:07 PM

Pileon,

I learned that Life is like a Shit sandwich..
The more bread you have the less shit you eat...

Posted by: Dr. Harden Stuhl at October 8, 2005 12:02 AM

My condolences spd. I was so sure they would pull out of it, too.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 8, 2005 08:01 AM