« George Will Hits One To The Cheap Seats | Main | And Now For Something Completely Different... »

October 06, 2005

SCOTUS Nomination Caption Contest

Good God...

Go...go now.

barney-20040510.jpg
He hasn't commented yet, but we're damn sure he's smarter than Frum.

Posted by Cassandra at October 6, 2005 10:14 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference SCOTUS Nomination Caption Contest:

» SortaCaption Contest from Sortapundit
The part of my brain that thinks up the writing stuff has, er, turned off. I think that part of the brain also gives me the ability to form coherent sentences, so it's probably best for everyone if I just shut up for a couple of hours and present you [Read More]

Tracked on October 8, 2005 11:53 AM

» Sunday Caption Contest from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
This is another two-fer, provided by the Admiral of the Moat Fleet, Boquisucio: #1. #2. No prize but bragging rights... Other Caption Contests: OTB, Wizbang, The Right Place, Random Numbers, GOP and the City, Cafe Oregano, WILLisms, Commonwealth Conser... [Read More]

Tracked on October 9, 2005 09:58 AM

Comments

Barney: "Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting SCOTUS"

Posted by: Masked Menace© at October 6, 2005 10:42 AM

Thought balloon:

"What to do? What to do? Rose Marie, get me that George Will column, stat!"

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2005 10:57 AM

Thought balloon #2:

"Got to go..can't hold it much longer.... Rose Marie, get me that George Will column, stat!"

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2005 10:59 AM

How dare he question my loyalty.

Posted by: spd rdr at October 6, 2005 11:18 AM

Oh my God, they actually did take their ball and go home!

Posted by: Masked Menace© at October 6, 2005 11:24 AM

"Egad, the infighting and increasingly visible fractures within the fragile Republican coalition are creating a ever-increasing nervous ball of angst in my stomach.

No, wait...actually, just have to poop."

Posted by: Hubris at October 6, 2005 11:52 AM

You will pay for that, Hubris ... :)

Oh yes... you will pay.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2005 12:05 PM

God, I hate you. I'm still laughing.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2005 12:07 PM

"And your little dog too?"

Just wait till I get on the court Hillary... then we will see who gets who...

Posted by: LarryConley at October 6, 2005 01:18 PM

"Whaddya mean it's not the SCOTTIES' nomination?"

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 03:15 PM

"Dang it. Teddy Kennedy never drops any of his chili dog on the whitehouse lawn."

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 03:16 PM

"There goes Rumsy. Now all I have to do is wait, Daddy says he knows where all the skeletons are buried, yum!"

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 03:18 PM

Secretly Barney would laugh as birds would fly into the cleaned Whitehouse windows.

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 03:19 PM

"Jees, I hope I get to go the next time Daddy goes to Crawford!"

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 03:19 PM

I hope Miers slips up. I understand that I'm the backup nominee.
**********************************************
Living in the spot light as the First Dog is tough. I envy the dogs that can lick their ass without some White House reporter trying to take a picture of it.
**********************************************

Posted by: KJ at October 6, 2005 03:48 PM

"Sigh. I'm just a dog. But if I had a blog, I'd be Ankle-biter-in-Chief!"

Posted by: spd rdr at October 6, 2005 04:00 PM

Sitting in front of a window, posed in thoughtful introspection...

Yep, he's gay alright.

Posted by: Masked Menace© at October 6, 2005 04:35 PM

"... bad dog ...
... bad dog ...
... bad dog ...
... bad dog ...
grrr ... One of these days I'm gonna stick his nose in it!"

Posted by: Rodney Dill at October 6, 2005 07:07 PM

"This is not what I meant in my last life when I said I wanted to be in the White House...karma is such a bitch"

Posted by: Dan at October 6, 2005 07:35 PM

"Please,oh please Great Sirius--just let McCain get closer to this window.I can open this SOB."

Greg

Posted by: Greg at October 6, 2005 08:08 PM

"I never realized that Rove looked so much like a fire hydrant before (sigh)."

Posted by: David at October 6, 2005 08:21 PM

"Jaysus... she's still talking. If I'd known the stupid broad was going to go on and on about it, I'd have pissed *outside* the tent..."

Posted by: Cassandra at October 6, 2005 09:00 PM

"Ah, so that must be why the mail's always late."

"Oh, look, a dingo's walking away with Robert Reich in his jaws."

"Check it out. Andrew Sullivan's beagle is humping a kid in a wheelchair."

"That's right, Jenna. You don't want any nasty ol' tan lines. Good girl. Nobody's lookin... Just take it off."

Posted by: V the K at October 7, 2005 12:01 PM

"But Mr. President, it's a dog!"

"I know his heart, Karl. And he's been with me for years. He was my own personal dog in Texas. He's helped me work out the tough War on Terror decisions."

"Yes but...."

"I know his heart. Trust me"

"But this is the Supreme Cour..."

"I know his heart. Trust me."

"He can't spea...."

"I know his heart. Trust me."

Posted by: Jimmie at October 7, 2005 01:34 PM

Barney, obviously, is a big fan of the new 'Pit Bull' nominee.

Posted by: spacemonkey at October 9, 2005 12:44 AM

Ooooh, I can't believe he skipped me again. After all these years of faithful service, and almost no paper trail too! Next time has GOT to be my turn. Die Scalia, die!

Posted by: AbbaGav at October 9, 2005 07:02 PM

Congratulations on your contest. Some of us are waiting for the caption free-for-all that will ensue when you you announce the contest for the Villainous Company graphic. It's called 'holding your fire.'

Seriously, though, yours in an outstanding blog. I've enjoyed everything I've read. It seems an unfair advantage, you being smart and all. Maybe there should be blog handicaps. You carry 130 lbs, we carry 3. Something like that.

Posted by: Instapunk at October 11, 2005 05:49 PM

You're very kind - thank you.

I don't think y'all need much of a handicap - it's not like Instapundit is linking me or anything :) I could publish nude photos twice daily (though why I'd want to inflict that kind of torture on the general readership is more than I can imagine) and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. I just have nice readers - that helps an awful lot.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 11, 2005 06:17 PM