« Yet Another Perplexing Abdul Rahman Question | Main | Unbelievable »

March 27, 2006

If We Wanted You To Have A Spine, We'd Have Issued You One...

Oy Ve.

It's that time of year again, when young men, sound of mind and limb, worried that they may not be pulling their weight in a war that seems to be dragging on and on, form that age-old line down at the recruiters' office....

Not. Nowadays they're so much more enlightened, donchaknow. They just write impassioned op-ed pieces about how, in a more equitable world, society would force everyone to do their duty.

Because in the end, blaming someone else is always so much easier than looking in the mirror.

Asshat.

Via Jason, who pretty much handed him his hat so I didn't have to.

Posted by Cassandra at March 27, 2006 05:15 PM

Comments

Weisberg certainly believes in inflating casualty figures, by almost ten fold.

Were people like him in such abundance during our other wars, do you think? Maybe during Vietnam but for the others? Couldn't have been, we're still here.

Posted by: Paul of York at March 27, 2006 06:41 PM

But we wouldn't want to go around legislating morality now would we.

Thus we see once again, that it's not morality that liberals don't want legislated, just not yours.

Posted by: Masked MenaceĀ© at March 27, 2006 07:04 PM

At first, I thought you were linking to Doc Russia.

Posted by: Grim at March 27, 2006 07:04 PM

I love this sentence, regardless of my understanding.
Oh, Great Masked Menace, Triple negatives (or is that still a double?) confuse the Hell out of me. Liberal judiciary seems to have been unlegislating morality for some time.

Posted by: Paul of York at March 27, 2006 09:15 PM

PoY:
Translation from idiocy to plain speach:

Democrats only scream about legislating morality when it isn't their morality.

Thus, enforcement of restricting obscenity on public airwaves bad.
Enforcement of charity (welfare) good.

Restricting abortion bad.
Restricting smoking good.

Anytime you hear "For the greater *good*" it is simply that they want to legislate what they see as moral.

Posted by: Masked Menace at March 27, 2006 10:38 PM

No Grim :) I'd have been nice if I were doing that.

Posted by: Bush Ate My Soul at March 27, 2006 11:29 PM

Masked Menace, while I hang my red, embarrassed face, I do thank you.
I thought that was what it meant :)

Posted by: Paul of York at March 28, 2006 12:05 PM

Thanks MM,I wish these "elites"would actually stop being wussies and sissies,this is the voice of which they speak,and it is sickening,he should also remember that many of us have no love for them either!and Those of us that do,do so because of our faith.

Posted by: Lisa Gilliam at March 30, 2006 11:14 PM