« Fighting, Manliness, Freedom, and the Last Frontier | Main | Photo Blogging »

April 02, 2006

Can't Touch This

5_22_033106_mckinney.jpg

All I can say is that whatever DC Police are getting paid, it is not enough:

Rep. Cynthia McKinney accused a Capitol Police officer of "inappropriate touching" on Friday as rumors flew around Capitol Hill that the Georgia Democrat would be arrested for her role in a bizarre physical altercation.

"This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black congresswoman. [Ed. note: funny - this never happens to the male black congresswomen...] I deeply regret that this incident occurred and I am certain that after a full review of the facts, I will be exonerated," McKinney said at a press conference at Howard University.

While McKinney asserted her innocence, her lawyer said she was "just a victim of being in Congress while stupid black.

Update: Just to give you an idea how easily Ms. McKinney takes offense...

Update II: We report, you decide -- separated at birth? You have to admit the resemblance is uncanny. Thanks to Lisa for the tip:

BUCKWHEAT.gif

Posted by Cassandra at April 2, 2006 08:27 AM

Comments

DAMN, girl, what you been drinking, Ugly in a Can????

Posted by: beautifulatrocities [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 2, 2006 09:01 AM

I do contract work for a government agency; I enter the door that requires appropriate ID several times a day; Just about every guard knows me by name or sight. You know something? If I don't happen to have the appropriate ID on me, the same guards who know me by sight or name point me to the entrance where I can go through a screening just like everybody else. Welcome to my world, Cynthia.

Posted by: RIslander at April 2, 2006 11:26 AM

By the way, which is the more frightening thought? a. Having a member of Congress like Cynthia McKinney, or b. Knowing there are people who have the right to vote and use it ot put people like Cynthia McKinney in Congress.

Posted by: RIslander at April 2, 2006 11:30 AM

Please, she isn't from my district but oh my if that isn't a photo begging for a caption.

And the redundancy of being a female congresswoman
just goes to show you that irregardless.

Posted by: Cricket at April 2, 2006 11:35 AM

Marion Berry was out of magic mushrooms.
Inappropriate touching? What did they do, slap her?
I know my son screamed when he saw this pic and begged me to take him back to the Rethug Women page to soothe his eyes.

Posted by: Cricket at April 2, 2006 11:37 AM

Well, if they put that picture in every cell in the country, the prisoners would be begging for the death penalty.

Posted by: RIslander at April 2, 2006 11:45 AM

I have seen pictures of McKinney in her signature braids for years. I have seen closeups of her face, I've seen her try to get face time on camera during the SOTU by sitting by the aisle, always trying to grab the president's hand. I thought I'd recognize her anywhere, from the back or side, from a distance, or up close. But I put a picture of her in her "new hairstyle" up next to her in her trademark look, and I swear they don't look like the same person.

I think the capitol police can be forgiven for this affront to her highness. Furthermore, I hope this racist biatch goes to jail.

Posted by: MathMom [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 2, 2006 11:49 AM

Read the story. The pin is not the issue? Let me at her. I could care LESS about her politics as much as I care about the fact that she isn't the only member of Congress who has been issued a pin.
And she wasn't recognized? Boo hoo.

You know what? I have to show my ID whenever I go on to a military base, write a check, or use my credit card. If I don't want to show my ID I don't go to those places or do those things. I do not expect the Federal Police who guard the bases I use to recognize me. Nor do I expect the FP to let me on the base if my sticker has expired.

Grow up, Congresswoman McKinney.

Posted by: Cricket at April 2, 2006 11:52 AM

MathMom, I agree. I saw the headline of Cass's post and the picture and thought, "is that her?"

Posted by: KJ at April 2, 2006 03:27 PM

I saw the headline of Cass's post and the picture and thought, "is that her?"

Well damn, KJ. Just damn.

You know what I look like and it is nothing like that photo. Honestly, I know you were not happy with me over that Rahman thing but I am surprised at you.

*running away*

Posted by: Cassandra at April 2, 2006 04:27 PM

Yeah, I hadn't seen her in some years either. She's got a different look now, to be sure.

As LawDog said at his site, "Capitol Police must be some laid-back, diplomatic type officers. Last time someone attempted to punch me when I was trying to get them to stop, said individual got arm-barred into the gravel, handcuffed, and bodily tossed into Holding."

Posted by: Grim at April 2, 2006 04:54 PM

As much money as this woman makes,she has no excuse to be looking like buckwheat;that is who she reminds me of in this picture.RI,I hate to say but some of us Black folks don't use any common sense!that is why she was elected,we have not anybody even though she is supposed to represent the upper our community in Atlanta,her being re-elected proves that even with education you still can be a fool,these dummies love to get in front of the cameras and pose and actually believe that they are showing the "man"that they are united,but,unless somebody tells them that they look more like a bunch of fools,tools,and morally bankrupt race baiters who have nothing to offer then we will constantly be looked at as criminal loving and defending race of people!Not only should she be ashamed of herself but her defenders should as well,even more so!they make me sick!!

Posted by: Lisa Gilliam at April 2, 2006 09:17 PM

Lisa, Black folks aren't the only ones capable of mental meltdown. I still can't keep myself from rolling on the floor and laughing my head off when I picture Kerry saluting and reporting for duty at the Democratic convention. There were mostly white faces buying that comedy act.

P.S.
I believe he stubbed his toe on the way to the podium and put in for another Purple Heart. Afterall, he had reported for duty. Which reminds, his speech was slightly longer than his tour of duty in Nam.

Posted by: RIslander at April 2, 2006 10:27 PM

"As much money as this woman makes,she has no excuse to be looking like buckwheat..."
Posted by: Lisa Gilliam at April 2, 2006 09:17 PM

That is exactly who I thought she looked like when I saw that picture...OTAY!!!

Posted by: camojack at April 3, 2006 04:02 AM

I did too! (thought she looked like buckwheat)
And there are some pics of Shrillery that are just, well, horrific. Eye melting comes to mind...

Posted by: Cricket at April 3, 2006 04:24 AM

Man. Tough crowd up here :D

Between Lisa and RIslander I would be afraid... very afraid.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 3, 2006 07:53 AM

Speaking of ID's my husband has been a public servant for twenty-odd years and he still has to show his ID. Three-star Generals still have to show photo ID to get in the fricking front door where they work and this woman is throwing her weight around?

Give me a break.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 3, 2006 07:55 AM

And they're in uniform.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 3, 2006 07:56 AM

Yes, but the Constitution specifies this in Article I Section 6: "[The Senators and Representatives] shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same[.]"

Clobbering a cop is probably a felony, but up until that point she's technically correct: not just legally but Constitutionally she's meant to be free from arrest while going and coming to Congress. "Arrest" in the law is defined as any forcible stopping of one person by another.

Posted by: Grim at April 3, 2006 09:28 AM

All he did was detain her because he didn't recognize her and she didn't have her pin on.
I revise my opinion. She looks like Buckwheat with a touch of Linda Blair thrown in.

Posted by: Cricket at April 3, 2006 06:07 PM

What I want to know is, what is up with the 'fro?

Is that coming back in style now? Because if it is, I am excited. Remember those really ENORMOUS 'fros from when we were in high school? This dude named Frank who was about seven feet tall had the biggest 'fro I had ever seen in my entire life.

One day we were sitting at lunch, and they had this glass wall behind where the headmaster used to get up and pontificate at us before lunch. Frank and this other Senior decided to go streaking by (remember streaking?) during the Headmaster's little speech... which was really pretty funny because our school was pretty small and Frank was the only black guy in the Upper School. So it's not like it was some big mystery who he was.

The Headmaster turned around when we all just started choking to death on our food and I thought he was going to have an apoplectic fit. His face turned bright purple.

One of the classic seventies moments. Let's just hope Ms. McKinney doesn't decide to bring streaking back to Congress. I don't think my heart could stand the strain.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 3, 2006 06:20 PM

Especially since all cell phones are now equipped with digital cameras. Who wants to see that on the web or in their message box? I'm all goose pimply scared about that.

Posted by: Cricket at April 3, 2006 07:02 PM

How many days has it been and this is STILL getting under my skin! What if someone who had her attitude, the Kerry-esque DYKWIA thing, had barged through security, then managed to get to her office and do her harm? Those racist pig cops would have been at fault for not saving her self-righteous @$$.

This is probably the best response, which I found on MichelleMalkin.com:

"The 1,700 officers of the Capitol Police force risk their lives every day protecting constituents, staff and members of Congress," said Rep. Patrick T. McHenry, North Carolina Republican. "The right thing to do is to commend these men and women. They deserve a pat on the back, which is more appropriate than what they've gotten lately."
The resolution, by Mr. McHenry and Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, Florida Republican, which could be voted on this week, comes after increasingly harsh accusations by Mrs. McKinney, the Georgia Democrat who was stopped by Capitol Police last week for bypassing a metal detector.

Posted by: MathMom [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 4, 2006 08:41 AM

Oh Cass you are getting that stuffed marmoset back.
You think they were separated at birth? I have orange juice all over my monitor, thank you very much...

Posted by: Cricket at April 4, 2006 09:28 AM

So the guard didn't recognize her and she was 'not offended' in her own words, so why the ballistic behavior now? She says this type of treatment is typical, implying that she is used to it.

Posted by: Cricket at April 4, 2006 09:32 AM

If you have 20 minutes, have taken your blood pressure medicine, and have a pitcher of Margaritas beside you for backup, go here and watch Wolf Blitzer get rolled.

20 minutes of asking McKinney and her two lawyers if she hit the officer, and he can't get them to answer. He doesn't even try to put their feet to the fire until he's been at it 15 minutes, and then he sounds whiney and effete.

She keeps saying that the security of the congress-critters shouldn't be based on a little piece of jewelry to allow them to go around the metal detectors, since it doesn't even identify them by name or face. To which I say, Crikey! Change the policy, and make the congress-critters all go through the metal detectors! Then they'll all get so fried at her for causing more ripples in their lives, that Republicans and Democrats will donate large sums of money to anyone who will run against her, just to get her outta there.

Posted by: MathMom at April 4, 2006 10:55 AM

Cassandra, NO!

She's not Bu'Wheat!

She's gonna play

------ Sideshow Bob

in the live-action Simpsons movie.

Posted by: OhBloodyHell at April 4, 2006 03:09 PM

So has the baton of madness been passed again? It seems to have changed hands from Screamin' Dean to Jean Fraud to ChappaquidicKennedy to High Rollin' Harry Reid to Cindy Sheehan (who's been trying to cling to it for dear 15 minutes of fame life) and now Ms. Buckwheat McKinney has intercepted it~~??

I have this cute black and white tin---that's basically like a mini lunch pail, where I store protein bars and the like. I think it had candy or something in it when I got it. I bought it at Foleys some years ago cuz I LOVE The Little Rascals, and On the Front are Spanky and Buckwheat in rain gear, standing on some steps (Congress Building? HA!). After that side by side, Cass, I'll NEVER look at my tin the same way again. {I had a serious outburts of laughter at first glance]

I might have to print up a McKinney bad hair day shot and paste it on there. HA! Naah.... It wouldn't be nice to further exploit the insane.

I can't help but see this bumper sticker as the caption for Ms Mckinney's pic: "I"m out of Estrogen and I have a gun!"

MathMom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You thought you could safely come out of hiding now, eh?...but then just when you thought it was safe to go out in public..... Heeeeere's CATtyyyyy!!

*sigh*....I think I need to go self-medicate with some Breyers peach ice cream topped with fresh strawberries and banana....maybe some frozen bluberries, too. Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like if I poured some Berringers White Zin-Chardonnay blend on it...?? (~;)

Posted by: RoCkY mTn LiOnEsS at April 4, 2006 03:18 PM

I like Mathmom's idea. I will ask my congresscritter to vote for more security so she will get outta there. Have you noticed that NOT ONE Democratic supporter in either House has rallied to her cause? Not even the Congressional Black Caucus?
Hm.