« Faith and Commitment | Main | The Boys Of Summer »

August 21, 2006

OK, I Was Already Angry Enough

What he said:

It is plain to see that some things are more dangerous to one's brain than an enemy IED. Service in Congress would appear to be one of them. Unlike the soldiers, however, the Congressmen have no honorable explanation for their malady.

This would appear to be the first time I've ever agreed with that moronic bumper sticker: "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." Time to call your Congress critter.

H/T Carrie, who looks out for our guys.

Posted by Cassandra at August 21, 2006 05:54 PM

Comments

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

Posted by: Army Lawyer at August 21, 2006 08:40 PM

I know the Congress Critters in my district will support funding, but what I usually do in these instances is get a list of the non supporters (thank goodness Cynthia McKinney got bounced)
and call their offices and I also get the ears of the senators.

I also send a letter because a snail mail letter has the weight of a thousand emails, and a phone call carries even more weight.

With your permission, may I link to you and get some people reading this so they can do likewise?

Posted by: Cricket at August 21, 2006 08:55 PM

Cricket -

I have begun to write to my Congresscritters on their web mail forms. Since the anthrax attacks, snail mail is held up for weeks and if you want them to hear you promptly, the web forms work well. I have received replies by mail from the White House, from Dick Cheney, from my Senators, and from my Representative after writing to their email accounts.

I also call on the phone. I often get a very thoughtful response from the person on the other end of the line.

Just FYI.

Posted by: MathMom at August 21, 2006 09:02 PM

Absolutely.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 21, 2006 09:18 PM

I've already been blistering my codel on the subject - and informed them I would be asking them publicly to respond.

After all, they were somehow able to find $160 million to buy credit monitoring we could have for free... though they backed down on that quickly enough.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at August 21, 2006 09:44 PM

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I'm going to email the article and links to Emily and the Kentucky Chapter President of the Blue Star families. She's also the National Sgt. at Arms for the organization.
Also, the folks who started up the Run for the Warriors down at Lejeune. This will be an issue near and dear to their hearts as well.

If Congress is going to make this kind of outrageous cut, I refuse to let it be their dirty little secret. It ought to be public.
I like the way John thinks!!

Posted by: Carrie at August 22, 2006 08:41 AM

I'm all for cutting UNnecessary spending, as I'm sure all of you are, but this doesn't fall into that category.

I have emailed my Congressman and my two Senators.

Yes, indeedy, this ought to be publicized.

Posted by: JannyMae at August 22, 2006 12:39 PM

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty'."
-Theodore Roosevelt