« Someone's Watching You Back | Main | Fair Weather Friend »

February 14, 2007

Oh Baby, Oh Baby!

oh_baby

[shaking head]

If we were smart, we'd have a filter on our email to block out JHD, but in honor of Valentine's Day, we just can't resist.

Besides, we sorely needed a laugh today.

Enjoy, folks.

If that didn't make you laugh, there's always this delightful gem:

buzzing

Posted by Cassandra at February 14, 2007 12:54 PM

Comments

I can't decide which story is funnier.

Is there a disclaimer on those panties? If not, there will be, soon!

Posted by: JannyMae at February 14, 2007 02:14 PM

I must say that I find rodents irresistable. Especially this one!

Posted by: MathMom® at February 14, 2007 02:18 PM

Ya know, I just don't know what to say...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at February 14, 2007 02:31 PM

Gee, I wonder what buzzed this little bee in your bonnet....

*whistling away, hands in pockets*

>;-}

Posted by: Sly2017 at February 14, 2007 02:53 PM

That spokesman for the Asda supermarket chain is good at his job.

Posted by: Grim at February 14, 2007 03:02 PM

What a cute little piggie. He represented the oinkery quite well. As to the passion pants..
*wipes tears.*

Posted by: Cricket at February 14, 2007 04:30 PM

Anna Nicole Smith is no longer tormented by this life, yet her baby remains in the Bahamas. And, suddenly, a Guinea Pig called Sooty from Pontypridd, South Wales is in the picture.

Just another day in the surreal life—and sudden death—of Anna Nicole Smith.

One week after Smith was found dead in her Florida hotel room, lawyers battled in court over the star's DNA and to make sure nobody got bored, Sooty stepped forward to say that he might be the father of Smith's infant daughter.

The day began in a Los Angeles courtroom with an emergency hearing over the parentage of Dannielynn Hope, Smith's five-month-old surviving child.

The hearing was called by the camp of Sooty, Smith's ex-acquaintance but not the first rodent to publicly declare himself to possibly be Dannielynn's father.

Sooty’s attorney Ramsey “the gerbil” Clarke, suggested Smith's DNA was needed to ensure that a rat did not "pull a fast one" with Dannielynn's DNA test, which the court earlier ruled was to be completed by Feb. 21.

Sooty made the following statement through his attorney. “From the first moment we met, Anna Nicole told me that I was in so many ways, similar to all the other males in her life, yet more monogamous and of a higher moral character. I feel that by coming forward to admit our liaison and accept the potential responsibility of paternity, I am living up to Anna Nicole’s estimation of my character. It is, as so many others have done, the very least that I could do.”

Posted by: bthun's - Eye on the Entertainers dateline: at February 14, 2007 05:23 PM

[sob!]

"I...miss...her...SOooooooo...much!!!!"

Boo hooo hoo hooo hooo [peeking through tiny claws]

"I am absolutely shattered... shattered, I tell you, by her tragic death."

Posted by: Sooty at February 14, 2007 05:45 PM

Warning on the knickers:

"Caution. Do not drive, shop, or operate machinery while wearing this apparatus. Stimulation may cause distraction and result in serious injury. Do not use this product if you have high blood pressure or are prone to swooning!"

Posted by: JannyMae at February 14, 2007 06:16 PM

"I...miss...her...SOooooooo...much!!!!"

...and her...and her...and her...and her.....

Posted by: Sooty at February 14, 2007 06:16 PM

Dang!

Missed her too! C'mere you little minx!

Posted by: Sooty's Evil Twin at February 14, 2007 06:27 PM

You think the Sooty story is cute but it's all a cry for help because he has issues with commitment. He will brag to all the other guinea pigs about the time he made it with 24 females ... of course no one will believe him. He'll pull out the news clipping, but it will be discounted as a clever Photoshop job. He will get resentful because no one will believe him and he won't be allowed to repeat the event. On the other side, the female guinea pigs will resent him for his perceived “slam bam thank you ma’am” attitude and his apparent abandonment of his love children ... these spurned females will soon sue him for child support. Feeling scorned, laughed at, lonely and heavily litigated he will start drinking heavily ... draining the water bottle in no time flat ... the drinking will lead to problems in the cage ... he won't want to get on the wheel ... his depression will continue as he spirals out of control to the point where he starts main lining pellets just to feel good about himself.

Or so say the voices in my head.

Posted by: Frodo at February 14, 2007 08:12 PM

I don't follow you Frodo, are you saying it wasn't worth it?

Posted by: Pile On® at February 14, 2007 08:58 PM

Mom!

Frodo made me spit out my drink again!

Posted by: Cassandra at February 14, 2007 09:11 PM

I had to ask my wife if this behavior (Sooty) was normal for her countrymen. If so, why doesn't she let me date?

Posted by: Frodo at February 15, 2007 09:19 AM

Yes, can we hear more from the voices in Frodo's head, please?

I almost fell off my chair....

Posted by: Sooty at February 15, 2007 09:53 AM

Hmmmmm..that gives a new meaning to "gettin' a buzz on..".

Posted by: ltcolusmcret at February 15, 2007 11:05 AM

I think Sooty has been misnamed.
Slick Willy (literally, in this case) seems more apropro, especially after Frodo's ever-so-insightful analysis.

Posted by: Sly2017 at February 15, 2007 11:55 AM

Booty calls.

Posted by: Cricket at February 15, 2007 01:42 PM

Wouldn't that be more of a "party line", Cricket?

Posted by: Sly2017 at February 15, 2007 05:13 PM

LOL. Isn't that what he had? And knowing the story, looking at him behind bars is sad...knowing his babies are being raised by the nanny state.

Posted by: Cricket at February 15, 2007 06:41 PM