« Boys Will Be Boys | Main | Senator Scofflaw? »

June 18, 2007

Coffee Snorters: Xtreme CompetenceTM Edition

Last week Senator Harry Reid followed a decisive victory over the administration by graciously observing outgoing JCS Chairman Pete Pace is "incompetent" and he's "happy" Pace is leaving. With this simple but effective gesture, Reid once again demonstrated the depth of party's oft-stated commitment to heal the bitter partisan divisions that have plagued Capitol Hill for so long.

So, McQ asks... what was the enormously competent Harry Reid's Senate doing last week?

You may well ask. No wonder they say politics is exhausting.

Yesterday the blog princess said something remarkably foolish about not wanting to change men. She dimly recalls hearing this story on the radio and thinking to herself, "I wonder how long it will be before I this shows up in my Inbox???"

*sigh*

Boys will be boys. The princess won't even tell you what the email said. Either time. But she is still laughing.

/smack! :)

Posted by Cassandra at June 18, 2007 08:07 AM

Comments

So.... what month is still availble to become "National Topless Jogging Month?" I hope Reid gets to work on it right away.

Posted by: spd rdr at June 18, 2007 11:24 AM

What about this (?):

So Mr. Rdr should be interested in this, more than a vision of topless joggers. :)
spd rdr has a problem, really. :D

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at June 18, 2007 12:13 PM

""S. RES. 230: Designating the month of July 2007 as "National Teen Safe Driver Month". [Introduced in Senate] Published: 2007-06-11 - Congress: 110 - Session: 1 - Bill: 230 - Type: Senate Resolution""

Not to derail the topic too far off course and agreeing with you Mr. Brouhaha that the designation can't hurt but... I have found that by delaying my two children from being in autonomous possession and operation of an automobile until they were within sighting distance of their 18th b'day seems to have had a positive effect on their behavior and resulting safety behind the wheel. Yeah it’s a pain in the southern hemisphere to haul them everywhere, restrict and screen who they ride with, etc… but…

IOW almost three years of supervised driving, gaining experience and maturing while watching their more rambunctious classmates/friends do the stupid things kids do in autos has been IMHO a decision (although the two might argue this one) that I do not regret. Driver training, operation of guided missiles and all that... Meanest old dad in the county, that's me.

As far as formalizing a National Topless Month goes, being a guy I will not be swayed, jiggled, or otherwise induced to weigh in on either the pros or cons of the idea particularly since Walkin’ Boss might be watching =8-0. However, due to the fact that I have titanium and non-descript genetic material holding my spinal cord in place and have had to learn to live with a certain amount of diminished physical agility/mobility/durability and 1 inch in height, I fear the added stress from excessive neck motion, especially were it to be coupled with marathons, might necessitate further medical and legal assistance. =8-}

What say you Mr. Rdr?

Shakin' the bush Boss! I'm heading towards that rock pile right now...

Posted by: bthun at June 18, 2007 02:53 PM

You had better *run* for that rock pile.

I erased three comments today. Something of a minor record, smart aleck.

Posted by: Cassandra at June 18, 2007 11:48 PM

Topless joggers notwithstanding, I read that "laundry list" of all those really useful (?!) doings in the Senate. Ye gods...

Posted by: camojack at June 19, 2007 01:16 AM

Milady?!

Given the option to comment on Senator Windsock or... now which do you really suppose a fellow would gravitate towards? And you did present the subject matter, as it were.

*ducking behind the rock pile*

Posted by: bthun at June 19, 2007 09:19 AM

National Topless Jogging Month? Gadzooks man, certain saggy celebs would cause an earthquake.
That would be too scary.

I am sure though, that J-Lo's Butt will bounce right along.

Posted by: Cricket at June 19, 2007 09:31 AM

The lot of you are related to my husband in some indefinable but infuriating manner I do not wish to examine more closely at this time. However, since I am a lady*, I decline to return fire.

*sometimes

Posted by: The Princess at June 19, 2007 09:54 AM

*rising from behind the rock pile to take a knee and extend an apology for any contribution towards Milady's upset*

Milady.

*ambling off to the garage to look for something to hammer/club/solder/tweak or otherwise diddle*

Posted by: bthun at June 19, 2007 10:07 AM