« The End Is Near | Main | This Empty House »

September 05, 2007

Movie Madness

I found a movie meme that looked like fun. Not passing it not because torture is outlawed by the Geneva Convention:

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.

The Jewel in the Crown (yes, the entire thing). I realize this is a miniseries but when you sit down and watch the whole thing at once it feels more like a movie. I could probably watch it ten more times.

Gettysburg

Star Wars trilogy

The Wizard of Oz

LA Story

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Some of the Star Wars and LOTRings trilogy.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Peter O'Toole, Alec Guinness, Ian Holm, Cate Blanchett,

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

Sean Penn, Alec Baldwinn, John Travolta, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Henry V. LA Story.

6. Name a movie musical, to which you know all the lyrics to all of the songs.

Don't know that I know all the lyrics to any musical. The Sound of Music would be the closest. Perhaps Jesus Christ, Superstar because it seemed like every group I was ever involved in felt obligated to perform it when I was a teenager. I will go to my grave with the words to "I don't know how to love him" permanently etched into my brain cells...

7. Name a movie with which you've been known to sing along.

The Little Mermaid - I love that stupid song, "Les Poissons":

Les poissons
Les poissons
How I love les poissons!
Love to chop
Love to serve little fish!

Sacre bleu!
What ees thees?
How on earth could I mees
Such a sweet little succulent crab?
Quel dommage!
What a loss!
Here we go in the sauce
Now some flour, I think
Just a dab
Now I stuff you with bread
It don't hurt 'cause you're dead!
And you're certainly lucky you are
'Cause it's gonna be hot
In my big silver pot
Toodle loo, mon poisson
Au revoir!

Ridiculous....

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.

Oh good nightshirt... Grand Canyon. Quirky 1991 Lawrence Kasdan film no one's ever heard of. Danny Glover, Kevin Kline, Steve Martin, Mary McDonnell. You'll either love it or hate it. I found it incredibly hard to watch the first time, but I loved it so much I tracked it down and bought it.

9. Name a movie you own.

Becket. Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Still thinking about this one...

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Too many to count. First one was the Outlaw Josey Wales. Last one was with my husband. Oddly, don't recall what it was.

12. Ever made out in a movie?

See last question. :)

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.

Constantly, but I can't remember which ones.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

A Clockwork Orange. I was on a double date and I felt awful about it, but it just sickened me. Guys, unless you know a woman is turned on by violence, don't take her to something like that. Not_an_aphrodesiac.

Trust me on this one.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Please. I'm a woman... I cry at movies all the time. The list would go on and on.

16. Popcorn?

With butter.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

Not that often. Maybe four or five times a year.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

No earthly idea. Possibly Hero.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

I like period dramas, action films, sci fi, comedies if they're intelligent.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Oliver.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Elektra with Jennifer Garner. I think I lost 60 IQ points in 20 minutes.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

The Life Aquatic.

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

In general I don't watch scary movies, so there's not much to choose from here. I managed to sit through Alien (a first for me) in the theater. Normally I hide my eyes during the scary parts when people are being vivisected. Alien was pretty gross.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Hard to pick a favorite here. I love to laugh. I like stupid. And clever - I love a lot of the British comedies the rest of my family hate because everyone talks so fast no one but me can understand the words. I loved Gosford Park - the rest of my family hated it. Anything by Mel Brooks. The Princess Bride. LA Story. Blazing Saddles.

Feel free to chime in, in the comments section. My son has gotten me a Netflix subscription and he's after me to use it but I haven't been home enough and I need suggestions.

I'll add a few questions of my own:

What was the last movie you saw at home?

The Fountainhead. Gary Cooper, Patricia Neal.

Amazing. Recently when I was looking for things to post about I had seen a list of the top sex scenes of all time. And no, I felt no need to write about it. But oddly enough I watched this movie that night and Cooper and Neal just burned up the screen. And they never took off their clothes. There is something to be said for subtlety.

Posted by Cassandra at September 5, 2007 06:54 AM

Comments

Better Off Dead, Vacation, History of the World PartII, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Sixteen Candles - ya - I'm a dork

#4 you are right on the money - what about Mel?

Posted by: Greta (Hooah Wife) at September 5, 2007 08:26 AM

Oh yeah - love Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

We saw Spamalot (musical based on it) in the theater, too, and it was amazing!

Absolutely - come to think of it, Mel Gibson and Mel Brooks, actually. Like them both :p

It's so hard to think when you're doing a list like this. Too much in a hurry.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 5, 2007 08:33 AM

1. More than 10 times:
Galaxy Quest, Back to the Future, Men In Black (put them on and listen/watch while I'm folding clothes)

5. Quote:
Princess Bride, Back to the Future, O Brother Where Are Thou

8. Recommend to everyone:

The Road Home (China)
Monsoon Wedding (India)
(Would like to see these 10 times, but have to read captions and never have time to actually sit through a movie and read captions more than once)

10. Surprised w/acting chops:
Robin Williams (Awakenings)

14. Walked out on:
Didn't but should have: Billie Jack

21. Wish I had never seen:
LOTR Trilogy, last 3 Star Wars, Billie Jack, Harry Potter 5.

23. Scariest:
Ju-On (Japan) - remade here with Buffy the Vampire Slayer as "The Grudge". Didn't watch that. Watch it in Japanese.

24. Funniest:
O Brother Where Art Thou

Posted by: MathMom at September 5, 2007 09:59 AM

1. Movies watched MORE than 10 times? What's wrong with you people? :D

"She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"; own it
"The Searchers" ; own it
"Field of Dreams" ; own it
"The Day the Earth Stood Still" ;copied it
"Red Dawn" (it's on cable a lot!)
"Men in Black" (ditto, the kids love it)

and many, many more!

2. Multiple times in theaters? What, am I made of money?

3. Attractive actor: most of them are dead now

4. Unattractive actor: most of the ones still working

5. Quotable movie: "Ghostbusters!", "Stripes!" , "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

And now I gotta get back to work.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at September 5, 2007 10:10 AM

Yo! Forgot Field of Dreams! 10 times fer sher.

Posted by: MathMom at September 5, 2007 10:23 AM

I can't believe I left Monty Python and the Holy Grail out of quotable movies. I guess I just wasn't thinking in that vein.

I watch movies more than 10 times either b/c they're on cable, or b/c they are old favorites.

Gettysburg I could watch a thousand times and I cry every time. I will often watch it when my husband is gone, or when I have a migraine and I am confined to the sofa for two or three days and can't move. You get so bored with nothing to do and you can't read, but I can just lie there with my eyes closed and listen to the dialogue. I've seen it so many times I can imagine the actors' faces as they speak the lines.

And I always watch Jewel in the Crown when I move. I watch it while I'm unpacking. It gives me something to think about while I'm bored witless. I have also watched it when I was sewing new curtains. I hate all the hours of laying out fabric and pinning and basting but if you have a movie to watch it goes faster.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 5, 2007 10:37 AM

"Princess Bride" wins the quotable movie slot every time down on the Paragraph Farm. As to faves, it's hard to beat "Casablanca." I also like "Shadowlands," "Aliens," "October Sky," "The Doctor," "Pale Rider" and "Passion Fish" for very different reasons.

Acting chops that come as a surprise? I'll second Robin Williams in "Awakenings." I liked "Dead Poets Society" better, but that wasn't as much of a stretch for him. And let's not forget the great John Candy, who first made it as a comic but was marvelous on screen, too. Big guys can almost always play funny, but Candy could do that and vulnerable in ways that only John Goodman approaches now.

Posted by: Patrick O'Hannigan at September 5, 2007 10:45 AM

Addendum to previous post-- actors more inclined to make me want to see the movie: William H. Macy, Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson, Bruce Willis, Gary Sinise, Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle

Less inclined to see: Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry, Keanu Reeves, Demi Moore

Posted by: Patrick O'Hannigan at September 5, 2007 10:52 AM

Movies I've seen more than 10 times:
Bridget Jones Diary. Pride and Prejudice (A%E version). The Fog (original with Adrienne Barbeau).
FaceOff. ConAir.

Movie I walked out of: Pet Cemetery.

Scariest movie I ever saw...hmmm..I happen to like that genre so it's hard to say. Maybe The Grudge.

Movie I own: well, I don't like to go to theaters so I mostly buy movies. Last count was about 320.

Posted by: Carrie at September 5, 2007 10:56 AM

#10: An actor from another genre that surprised me?

Marky Mark Wahlberg.

Posted by: Yu-ain Gonnano at September 5, 2007 11:34 AM

You asked for it:

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.

Star Wars

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars Return of the Jedi

The Godfather

The Godfather Part II

Goodfellas

Young Frankenstein

Blazing Saddles

Patton

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.

None

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Peter O'Toole, Denzel Washington, Halle Berry (for other then acting reasons), Anthony Hopkins, Robert Dinero, Robert Duvall, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, Alec Baldwinn, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Leonardo DiCaprio (especially if he is playing a tough guy), Martin Sheen, Ben Affleck (awful, just awful) - some that go without saying but I'll say anyway: Larry the Cable Guy, Rob Schneider, Pauly Shore,

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Blazing Saddles, Airplane & Young Frankenstein, Monty Python movies (regrets to my poor suffering wife)

6. Name a movie musical, to which you know all the lyrics to all of the songs.

Team America (F*** YA)

7. Name a movie with which you've been known to sing along.

See answer 6.

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.

Show Girls ... just kidding!

9. Name a movie you own.

We Were Soldiers Once

Agree with Yu-ain Gonnano - Mark Walberg : was great in Band of Brothers

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

China Syndrome, Body Heat, The Villain (awful, just awful), Octopussy, 'Munster, Go Home!'

12. Ever made out in a movie?

NOYB!!! :P

The Gods Must Be Crazy

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

No, but came close on: Comin' At Ya (3d movie ... awful, just awful)

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

None that I can remember, though I came close with Saving Private Ryan

16. Popcorn?

With Extra butter.

Not often at all ... can't remember the last time I went

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Been so long I can't remember ... possibly The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Police/crime Dramas, action films, sci fi

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Munster, Go Home! (at a drive in)

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

So many choices: Catwoman (even with my love Halle in a leather cat suit), Comin' At Ya, The Villain, Jarhead (the Marines from the POV of someone who hates the military), American History X (specifically the curb and prison shower scenes ... I'll say no more), Pearl Harbor (Ben Affleck version ... awful, just awful)

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Well, all the 'weird movies' I've seen I didn't like (defining weird as films like: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes & The Rocky Horror Picture Show).

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

Hmmm, Silence of the Lambs comes to mind - suspense more then blood and gore - hated the other two that followed

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Blazing Saddles, Airplane, Young Frankenstein, Stripes, Hot Shots, Monty Python: Life of Brian, & Holy Grail

What was the last movie you saw at home?

The departed (considering the hype, very disappointing ... though I can't honestly say whether I disliked because it contained many of my least favorite actors or because the plot line was a bit too much for me to believe)

The Godfather

The Godfather Part II

Goodfellas

Patton

We Were Soldiers Once

Blazing Saddles

Lord of the Rings (all three)

Full Metal Jacket

Serenity

The Quiet Man

Posted by: Frodo at September 5, 2007 01:18 PM

Funniest movie?

"Rancho Deluxe", "Blazing Saddles", "Ghostbusters!"

Top Ten favorites of all time (or best???)

Excluding the ones that I've seen numerous times, then, in no particular order, ahem:

"Exodus"
"Spartacus", yeah, I know Dalton Trumbo wrote the screenplay, so what.
"The Best Years of our Lives"
"A Man for All Seasons"
"Twelve O'Clock High"
"Run Silent, Run Deep"
"Mister Roberts"
"The Searchers" (yeah this is one I've seen numerous times)
"Adam's Rib"
"Seabiscuit"

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at September 5, 2007 01:45 PM

Last movie I saw was Stardust. Very nice, if a rocky beginning.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at September 5, 2007 02:34 PM

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.

Tons. The Star Wars Trilogy, Big Trouble in Little China, Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, Braveheart, Casablanca... lots more.

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Braveheart. Seven times.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Not many, I go for the movie, not the players, but I'll see pretty much anything with Rachel Weiss in it. Rawr!

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

I'll agree with pretty much everyone Cass listed, but I'd like to throw in Richard Gere. Ugh.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Tons of em. Star Wars Trilogy, Serenity, Big Trouble in Little China, Holy Grail... lots of em.

6. Name a movie musical, to which you know all the lyrics to all of the songs.

Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Phantom of the Opera (though that's almost cheating really). That might be it.

7. Name a movie with which you've been known to sing along.

All of #6's answers.

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.

Serenity. The best description of it was, "It reminds us why we liked Star Wars when it came out."

9. Name a movie you own.

If it's named above, I own it. And more.

Yeah, I have to go with Marky Mark Wahlberg. He can actually act BETTER than he can sing (though IMHO that's not saying all that much). Donny too.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Not as many as we moved in 1980 to a town so small, there were no movie theaters at all (much less a drive in). But let's see...

Star Wars and Godzilla vs the Smog Monster (it was a double feature)

Grease

Sindbad and the Eye of the Tiger

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Actually... never. In a theater that is. Watching movies on TV on a couch or bed is a different matter.

The Big Lebowski

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

Born on the Fourth of July. Pure hippy crap.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

The only one I can really think of was the Joy Luck Club. When she drowned her baby... yeah, I cried. Suprised the heck out of me.

16. Popcorn?

Ugh. No.

Rarely. 1:10 or more.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

I think it was Transformers. And yes, I loved it.

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Action and Sci Fi... generally

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Star Wars I believe

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Highlander 2 (the Sickening). I saw it for free and felt cheated.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Tough one. I don't normally like wierd (wierd to me is crap like 'Eyes Wide Shut' or 'Lost Highway'). So I dunno.

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

Gosh, mostly movies scared me when I was little, but not so much anymore. Lessee... probably the Ring?

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Tough. There are different kinds of funny. Probably Holy Grail though.

C1) What was the last movie you saw at home?

Last night I saw Superman Returns. Meh

C2) If you had to name your top ten favorite movies of all time, what would they be? And why are they your favorites?

Boy, you ask the easy questions, don't you [/sarcasm]. Ugh, not rated in any order, these are ten of the best movies (but not necessarily THE top 10) in my mind:

Serenity (for the reasons above)

Big Trouble in Little China (funny, Kim Catrell was easy on the eyes, Kurt Russell is a fun action hero)

The Empire Strikes Back (best dialog in all 6 movies, tightest plot, the best of them all)
Casablanca (Bogey is the MAN, Bergman is simply the most beautiful woman ever to appear on screen, Rains is a comic genius, great script)

Braveheart (really it's a great action film, but at its heart, it's a love story)

Pulp Fiction (solid acting, funny lines, violent but that doesn't bother me)

Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint at his finest, lots of humor and action)

The Longest Day (star-studded is an understatement, good history, actual German spoken by actual Germans)

Holy Grail (funny of course, but the total package as compared to other Python movies which had funny scenes but Grail was funny throughout)

Saving Private Ryan (best war movie I've ever seen, heartwrenching, exciting, well acted)

And there are more movies in my 'best of all time' and I cannot swear these are my top 10.

Posted by: MikeD at September 5, 2007 03:39 PM

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.
Star Wars trilogies -- all six
LOTR trilogy
Yellowbeard
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Practical Magic
Young Frankenstein
History of the World, pt.I
Victor/Victoria

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.
The only one I've ever paid twice for was "The Incredibles". Booh and I saw it in Oregon and decided that Papa needed to see it, too, when we got home.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Sandra Bullock
Gene Hackman
Tommy Lee Jones
John Travolta
Will Smith
Pierce Brosnan -- but that's really more for the eye candy than acting ability.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Ben Affleck
Sean Penn
Richard Gere
Leonardo Di Caprio -- although I was mildly surprised at his duel roles in "The Man In The Iron Mask"

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
I'm sure most everyone here knows the first one on that list:
Monty Python's Holy Grail - "Ni!"
Airplane - "And don't call me Shirley."
The Princess Bride - "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
History of the World, pt.I - "I love double-time harch."
Spaceballs - "I see your schwartz is as big as mine."
Star Trek - "He's dead Jim!"
Actually they're all fair game if there's a good line that can be used.

6. Name a movie musical, to which you know all the lyrics to all of the songs.
We did musicals in high school every year. So, I know way too many.
Bye Bye Birdie
Victor/Victoria
Carousel
West Side Story
Grease
Chorus Line

7. Name a movie with which you've been known to sing along.
Victor/Victoria
Miss Congeniality
Sister Act: Back in the Habit

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Undercover Blues
Down Periscope - The fart scene alone will have ya chuckling for days.

9. Name a movie you own.
I'm with Carrie on this one. I don't usually go to the theatre. I pay for the movie channels and buy the ones I really like.
Not sure what my running total is, although you'd think I would given I just moved them all....

Will Smith
John Travolta
Robin Williams

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Yes. Shrek the Third

12. Ever made out in a movie?
I don't kiss and tell.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. This was supposed to have been my last one seen at the drive-in, but my friend's car puked its guts out on I-15, in the middle of the Mojave desert, three hours before we were supposed to go........yeah, fun.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Yes, but not for quality. It was too freakin' loud -- with earplugs in!

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
None

16. Popcorn?
Butter with lots of salt

Rarely. Maybe once a year. Maybe. And I don't rent. I either buy it or wait for it to hit STARZ, HBO, etc.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Indoor Theatre? The Incredibles
Drive-in? Shrek the Third

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Comedy

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Young Frankenstein

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Freedomland

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- I've also been known to quote from it...... ;~}

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
Exit to Eden -- I know, it's not a horror movie, but c'mon, (a very post-SNL) Dan Akroyd and Rosie O'Donnel in spandex and a leather body harness respectively?
*shudders*
Oh damn! Now I won't be able to sleep for days........

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Too many to choose from:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Yellowbeard
History of the World, pt.I
Support Your Local Sheriff
A Man Called Sarge

What was the last movie you saw at home?
Previously unseen? Premonition

Victor/Victoria
The Count of Monte Cristo
History of the World, ptI
Braveheart
Tombstone
Support Your Local Sheriff
The 13th Warrior
The Addams Family - I and II
LOTR trilogy
Dune - the original and the remake

Posted by: Sly2017 at September 5, 2007 03:49 PM

Rachel Weiss

That is funny :p

Not a common choice there. She is the only actress I've ever heard my husband comment on. He likes her too. He is not the type ever to say anything if he does like a female actress, or even the way another woman looks for that matter. I was surprised when he said it, and sort of pleased.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 5, 2007 03:52 PM

Richard Gere is a good addition to list of actors who turn you off from a film, but I have to give him credit for two movies: An Officer and an gentleman and Internal Affairs ... he was very good in both ... almost everything else he's done is trash.

Some good movies listed as well ...

Posted by: Frodo at September 5, 2007 04:19 PM

Other than being fiesty and having an adorable accent, Rachel looks like a WOMAN. No ten year old boy body, gorgeous cheekbones, beautiful eyes. She's just got it all (except red hair). Salma Hayek also is my style of woman, but in a way, she's sort of intimidating.

And yes, the Lovely Bride knows all about them ;). She likes guys like Liam Niesen, Jude Law, Lindsey Buckingham, Seal and Bryan Ferry. She's allowed to drool over them, I get to drool over Rachel and Salma.

Richard Gere just freakin annoys me. Not just his politics, but the fact that he keeps getting cast as a romantic lead with women who weren't alive when he did his first movie. Creepy.

Posted by: MikeD at September 5, 2007 04:29 PM

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.

Open Range, Pride & Prejudice (A&E), Star Wars (As a kid), Frequency, Ronin

2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.

Fellowship of the Ring

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Matt Damon (Can’t help it! I like his stuff for some reason), Robert DeNiro, Joaquin Pheonix

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

Ben Affleck (Can’t help it! Can’t stand him!), Sean Penn, Leonardo DiCaprio

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Young Frankenstein (Werewolf… THERE-Wolf!), Princess Bride (Mawwage! Twoo Wuv!)

6. Name a movie musical, to which you know all the lyrics to all of the songs

Don’t know all the lyrics to, but can hum along: Guys & Dolls, Grease

7. Name a movie with which you've been known to sing along.

See 6

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.

The Legend of 1900, Tim Roth

9. Name a movie you own.

Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops?

Will Smith

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Encino Man

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Erm… Yes? And NOT at Encino Man. Meh.

Fargo

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

The Golden Child, Eddie Murphy (Was a kid. Couldn’t handle the thought of blood mixed with porridge)

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Can’t think of any…

16. Popcorn?

3 or 4 times a year

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Bourne Ultimatum

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Historical, Action, Comedy

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

E.T.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Dream Girls (Saw it with the family... They said it was about a real group... They paid for the ticket...*shudder*)

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Being John Malkovich

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

Don’t see many scary movies. The Ring… maybe. I know I was sweating and flinching through a good portion of Saving Private Ryan in the theaters.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Big Trouble in Little China (It just kills me!)

25. What was the last movie you saw at home?

Slingblade, Billy Bob Thorton

Favorite Movie?
Too hard to rank... in no particular order: Ronin, Bourne Identity, Fellowship of the Rings, Frequency, Return to Me, Love Actually, Sixth Sense, Saving Private Ryan, To Kill a Mockingbird, Walk the Line, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Big Trouble in Little China

Posted by: Kevin L at September 5, 2007 07:14 PM

Robin Williams is a very good actor. So, actually, is Billy Crystal.

He is the one I was trying to think of earlier. I think he's an amazing actor.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 5, 2007 07:35 PM

I loved Open Range. Almost as good as Lonesome Dove.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 5, 2007 07:36 PM

ok, I'm not going to tackle the whole list.

Movies I've seen a lot
Star Wars
Patriot Games
Beaches
Sound of Music
Breakfast Club
Anything John Wayne
UnForgiven
Man From Snowy River
and more . .

Actors I like . .
Maureen O'Hara, John Wayne, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Katherine Hepburn, Sean Connery
(not just his bond movies), Jodie Foster, Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall, Daniel Day Lewis, Gene Hackman, Renee Zellweger (in certain movies), Reese Witherspoon, . . .ok, list is getting long

Actors I don't . . .
Tom Cruise, Sean Penn (although I will say that spicolli was good), hmmm, not sure

Favorite movies: LOTR trilogy (having read the books about 10 times since i was 8 - nearly 20 yrs ago), saving private ryan, schindlers list,

Movies i own: Braveheart, The Patriot, Open Range , a ton of kids movies cause i have a kid, lotr trilogy, chronicles of narnia, the saint, the last of the mohicans, good will hunting,

i hate scary movies

Can't wait to see 3:10 to yuma, hearing that it is along the lines of Unforgiven . .

Posted by: Nina at September 5, 2007 10:07 PM

I liked this so much I went put up a post over at Grim's Hall: http://grimbeorn.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html#4954483951091834685

Posted by: Eric Blair at September 5, 2007 10:20 PM

1. Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times.

The Elephant Man. It had me upside down for days.

Psycho.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

"Funny" is a shade of glee. "His Gal Friday" (1940) is a scream, as is "Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) and "The Man Who Came to Dinner (1942). Then again, I'd watch slapstick all night long. It's good for the soul.

C1) What was the last movie you saw at home?

Ronin. Best car chases EVAH.

In no particular order:

Lawrence of Arabia - the most gripping, ambivalent, and antithetical movie ever made, with cinematography light-years ahead of its time.

Saving Private Ryan - Only the dead did not rise up and salute. A masterpiece.

The Godfather II - Robert De Niro speaking Italian. Need I say more?

Citizen Kane - a journey into a dark heart like no other.

The Searchers- John Wayne, at his best, challenges his audience to look deep inside their own souls.

Twelve Angry Men - How we are, really. And how we hope not to be.

North by Northwest - The best we can hope to be, with beautiful women included.

Dr. Strangelove (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb): The origin of modern snark. Watch it again and again and laugh out loud until you start crying uncontrollably.

Double Indemnity - In a space and time where "sex" was still a dirty word, this drama bubbles and steams the best of our collective sorid imagination. I can't believe that our parents actually watched this kind of fare after we were sent off to bed. But I expect that it explains my baby sister.

Memento- I still can't sleep, lest I might forget why I need to wake up. Bone chilling.

I could go on, you know. Only no one has asked me to do so, Wither the Rules if the United State Senatae?

Posted by: spd rdr at September 7, 2007 12:10 AM

Fascinating. The comment program has eliminated fully three fourths of what I had intended to post.

Artificial intelligence is a wise editor.

Posted by: spd rdr at September 7, 2007 12:14 AM