« Berkeley: Marines "Unwelcome, Uninvited Intruders" | Main | Signs of Hope Caption Contest »

January 31, 2008

Catching Up

A few posts I've meant to link to for some time:

Kat is engaging in some local citizen journalism in Virginia.

Fbl interviews a Colonel.

Bwa ha ha ha ha...

Canadian border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, animal-rights activists, and Unitarians crossing their fields at night. "I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. "The producer was cold, exhausted and hungry. He asked me if I could spare a latte and some free-range chicken. When I told him I didn't have any, he left. Didn't even get a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

I'll keep updating this but I'm going to be snowed under for a while. Please be patient.

Posted by Cassandra at January 31, 2008 09:03 AM

Comments

"I'll keep updating this but I'm going to be snowed under for a while."

Literally, or figuratively?

Posted by: camojack at February 1, 2008 01:08 AM

At least you don't live somewhere prone to winter precipitation, like Baghdad or Jerusalem.

Posted by: Grim at February 1, 2008 05:57 AM

Or China ... damn global warming.

Posted by: Frodo at February 1, 2008 07:02 AM

Global Warming! HA!

I break wind in the general direction of El Gordo Gore!

Posted by: La Nina at February 1, 2008 09:08 AM

I followed the link to fbl and was impressed by her admission that the interview was a "challenge" to her and that she wished she'd been better prepared. I'll certainly remember her candor the next time I hear some MSM reporter interviewing someone and being clueless to the fact that he/she is unprepared for an interview with that interviewee.

Posted by: Bill at February 1, 2008 11:31 AM

A successful rancher died and left everything to his devoted wife. She was a very good-looking woman and determined to keep the ranch, but knew very little about ranching, so she decided to place an ad in the newspaper for a ranch hand. Two cowboys applied for the job. One was gay and the other a drunk. She thought long and hard about it, an and when no one else applied she decided to hire the gay guy, figuring it would be safer to have him around the house than the drunk. He proved to be a hard worker who put in long hours every day and knew a lot about ranching. For weeks, the two of them worked, and the ranch was doing very well. Then one day, the rancher's widow said to the hired hand, "You've done a really good job, and the ranch looks great. You should go into town and kick up your heels."
The hired hand readily agreed and went into town one Saturday night. One o'clock came, however, and he didn't return. Two o'clock and still no hired hand. Finally he returned around two-thirty, and upon entering the room, he found the rancher's widow sitting by the fireplace with a glass of wine, waiting for him.
She quietly called him over to her. "Unbutton my blouse and take it off," she said. Trembling, he did as she directed. "Now take off my boots." He did as she asked, ever so slowly. "Now take off my socks." He removed each gently and placed them neatly by her boots. "Now take off my skirt." He slowly unbuttoned it, constantly watching her eyes in the fire light. "Now take off my bra." Again, with trembling hands, he did as he was told and dropped it to the floor. Then she looked at him and said, "If you ever wear my clothes into town again, you're fired."

0>;~}

Posted by: Sly2017 at February 1, 2008 11:35 AM

Well Cass ... heres a topic that got me ranting today and IMHO proves that our elected reps have too much time on their hands:

Senator wants to know why NFL destroyed Patriots spy tapes

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) wanted to hear the NFL's explanation for the purging of evidence in the infamous "Spygate" case involving the New England Patriots. He wrote commissioner Roger Goodell on Nov. 15. He got no response.

Specter, the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, wrote Goodell again more than a month later, after getting no acknowledgment to the initial communication.

Two days before the Super Bowl, there is plenty of response.

In a phone interview Thursday with The New York Times, Specter said the committee at some point will call on Goodell to discuss why the league destroyed the tapes that revealed the Patriots had been spying on the competition.

"That requires an explanation," Specter told The Times. "The NFL has a very preferred status in our country with their antitrust exemption. The American people are entitled to be sure about the integrity of the game. It's analogous to the CIA destruction of tapes, or any time you have records destroyed."

Posted by: Frodo at February 1, 2008 12:13 PM

Oh for Pete's sake.

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!!!!

And Sly, stop torturing me.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 1, 2008 12:22 PM

Camo, no snow but my car was covered in ice this morning.

Grrrr...

Posted by: Cassandra at February 1, 2008 12:23 PM

Hey, why do banks leave open the front and vault doors but chain the pens to the desk?

Inquiring minds want to know.
0>;~}

Posted by: Sly2017 at February 1, 2008 01:19 PM

Hey, Cass, thanks so much for the link! I hope the readers who click on over will find the uranium issue going on in Pittsylvania County interesting, and add some thoughtful comments. After all, you have a far more educated and discerning readership than I do... LOL!

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, my sister!

-- Kat

Posted by: Kat at February 1, 2008 01:38 PM

I'm a couple days late, but thanks so much for the link. And Bill, thank you for your kind words. It was quite intimidating to go into that interview knowing I didn't have the knowledge base that I wanted to have. However, I did a lot of researching and talking to "experts" I knew. And I learned a lot. :)

Btw, I interviewed the 3rd ID Command Sergeant Major on Friday and will have a post about it on Monday. I actually felt better-prepared for that one before I even started researching--and we were able to establish a bit of rapport that made the interaction more comfortable. But coming up are the two Brigadier Generals and the Top Dog himself; I've got a lot of learnin' to do! ;)

Posted by: FbL at February 3, 2008 12:47 AM