« O-kay... | Main | Faith-based Rhetoric and Obama: The Views The Media Keep To Themselves »

January 15, 2008

I'm So Tired...

Via McQ comes this timeless lament from authoress Erica Jong:

I am so tired of pink men telling women (of all colors) what to do with their wombs—which connect with their brains—in case you forgot. I am so tired of pink men telling us we should stay in Iraq for generations. I am so tired of pink men buying bombs and cheating schools. I am so tired of pink men having wives who stand behind them and nod sagely on television. I am so tired of pink men expecting that someone—a brown, black, yellow or white woman—will trail behind them changing light bulbs, taking out garbage, washing laundry, keeping food in the house, taking care of kids of all ages, of parents of all ages. I am so tired of pink men whose wives double or triple the family income thinking they can spend it without doing a damn thing at home. I am so tired of pink men spouting nonsense on TV. I am so tired of pink men arguing, blathering, bloviating, predicting the future—usually wrongly—and telling women to shut up. I am so sick of hearing that another pink man has dropped his children out a window, off a bridge or killed his pregnant wife or killed his unpregnant wife because he was infatuated with another pregnant woman. I am so sick of pink men making war and talking about peace. I am so sick of pink men appointing their mediocre cronies to judgeships, to political advisors, to cushy jobs, to columns in the paper, to multimillion-dollar posts as CEOS or actors (while the actresses make less) or producers or writers or newsreaders or talk show bloviators or supposedly sage counselors at law. I am so tired of pink men.

Right on, sistah-womyn. The Princess is exhausted too. But she doesn't want to get rid of the pink men.

She just wants them to do her laundry.

Posted by Cassandra at January 15, 2008 08:03 AM

Comments

"Pink men"? WTF is she talking about?

What a bore...

Posted by: MaryAnn at January 15, 2008 10:23 AM

*urp*

Posted by: FbL at January 15, 2008 11:44 AM

Sounds to me as if she needs to find another crowd of men with which to hang.

Hmmm, pink men... Please excuse this old country boys ignorance and the following question, but what the heck are pink men? Is that code speak for modern urban males? Metropolitan-Latte_swilling-Tanning_Bed-Beta_Male Guerrillas?

Posted by: Larry at January 15, 2008 11:53 AM

Once you go pink, you never...um....

Posted by: spd rdr at January 15, 2008 12:01 PM

I'm pretty sure she means white men. Unless you're a goth kid, 'white' skin is actually a pinkish color.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at January 15, 2008 12:04 PM

When she mentioned "white women", that tow up my guesstimate of pank == white... but I suppose you're right.

I wuz kinda confused bein a registered cawkinasian type, my skin is a brownish hue from outdoor activities, cept... cept, whoa! Wait a minute. I just found this taken by the customer while I wuz workin' on their cable. Yup, ahh, yup, theys some pank thar.

Posted by: larry at January 15, 2008 12:17 PM

Soooo.........let me see if I've got the gist of what she's tryin' to say.
She's tired?
Is she sure she's just not tired of being pink herself?

Posted by: Snarkammando at January 15, 2008 12:40 PM

mr rdr...

STEP TO THE FRONT OF THE CLASS.

Now put out your hand... (No! You may *not* bend over my knee, you impertinent young man! PUT OUT YOUR HAND!)

WHACK WHACK WHACK!!!

Posted by: Sister Mary Ita at January 15, 2008 01:07 PM

She should have reminded yellow (to use her offensive taxonomy) men to not drop their children off buildings.
At least he is getting a pink lawyer.

yojoe

Posted by: yojoe at January 15, 2008 01:24 PM

Now, now, don't get your panties in a bunch, Sista. It coulda been much worse.
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at January 15, 2008 02:06 PM

What did I ever do to you people?

I am nice to small children and puppies.

*sigh*

Posted by: Cass at January 15, 2008 02:11 PM

Erica Jong sounds like Squeaky Fromme, or Jane Smiley. Whew, what a moonbat.

Good grief, mr rdr, please, a gag warning.

Posted by: Mark at January 15, 2008 04:09 PM

It's those pink men you see after partying with the model-quality people.

Erica Jong. She needs to check in with her fellow Systyr of the Waylyng Womb.

Posted by: Cricket at January 15, 2008 05:10 PM

Maureen Dowd.

And the only truly pink woman is Peace Mother
Sheehan.

Posted by: Cricket at January 15, 2008 05:12 PM

Actually after I put my eyeballs back in my aching head I am LMAO, Mark.

To think that after all these years, revenge was right at my fingertips. The Princess had no idea men even *wore* thongs... :p Frankly she thought they had far more sense.

And while pink is definitely not on, I would hate to deprive my S.O. of the joy of wearing a truly microscopic thong.

Oh yes...some pleasures are meant to be shared.

Posted by: Never Dare Me at January 15, 2008 05:57 PM

I bet he stuffs.

Posted by: The Church Lady at January 15, 2008 07:32 PM

Who? spd?

That wasn't really him, was it?

Posted by: nope, not me, never said it at January 15, 2008 07:40 PM

Posted by: J Rob at January 15, 2008 10:34 PM

I am sure that spd has 21 daughters by now.
It was that pink thong....

Posted by: definately not the Church Lady at January 16, 2008 10:06 AM

> Is she sure she's just not tired of being pink herself?

She's not pink, she's a really stupid looking shade of red.

> She writes one book that more than two people bought and we're supposed to care what she thinks?

You care only if you want to. Me? I'm sick of idiots giving voice to misandrist hos

(no, in neither subject nor object do I in any way mean Cass -- I mean EJ as the latter and anyone who prints such dreck **uncritically** as the former)

Posted by: OBloodyhell at January 21, 2008 09:36 AM