« Oops, We Did It Again! | Main | Voter ID: It's A No Brainer »

January 09, 2008

Shameful. Just Shameful.

One of the Elite Legion of Beths points to yet another sign of the vicious hate mongering and deep partisan divisions that are tearing this nation apart:

HAIRLESS says Claudia Connell

When I saw the pictures of dancer Anton Du Beke on the beach in Barbados, my first thought was not how wonderful it would be to run my red painted fingernails through his thick, manly thatch - it was that I must get myself a new living room rug while the sales are still on.

He reminded me of that famous (faked) picture of the yeti - half man, half beast - walking in the wilderness with his head bowed and hairy arms swinging in the wind.

Despite it supposedly being a symbol of masculinity, I am afraid hairy men do nothing for me and never have.

HIRSUTE says Ursula Hirschkorn

Like fine wine, and expensive moisturisers, my taste for hairy men has developed with age.

When I was a callow teenager my crushes were all on smoothly sculpted boys, but as a woman I've realised that real men are at home with their hairyness.

I will admit that the sight of Duran Duran heart-throb John Taylor's silky smooth pecs rising from a frilly New Romantic shirt left the teenage me hot under the collar, while my bedroom was wallpapered in posters of Adam Ant's alabaster torso.

As a girl, the idea of running my hands through a man's hair anywhere other than on his head filled me with revulsion.

But then I also thought that peach schnapps with lemonade was the height of sophistication, and that foundation was meant to be applied with a trowel, so what did I know?

After 8 years of the worst administration since Adolph Hitler Herbert Hoover, can America be healed? Discuss amongst yourselves.

Posted by Cassandra at January 9, 2008 08:20 AM

Comments

Okay, since everybody else seems afraid to jump in...

Like many things, I think moderation is a virtue in this case. I'm not too crazy about the sasquatch look, but... it's the male-female contrasts that are part of the joy... ;)

Posted by: FbL at January 9, 2008 01:25 PM

And there are many men out there for whom Ms. Hirschkorn's sentiments should be a bit of a relief...

Posted by: FbL at January 9, 2008 01:32 PM

Unsurprisingly, Great Spirit have opinion on this subject too. First of all:

"Woman who speak with forked tongue should never kiss balloon."

But more importantly:

Waxing improve shelf life of fruit at Safeway. Great Spirit unsure why humans want wife to look like p0rn star or man like shaved peach.

Posted by: Dances with Polls at January 9, 2008 01:48 PM

All I gotta say is that for the latter, at least you have options.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at January 9, 2008 02:02 PM

Great Spirit say, "Huh????"

Posted by: Dances with Polls at January 9, 2008 02:06 PM

"Great Spirit say, 'Huh????'"

heh

Posted by: Little Snark Run-Amuk at January 9, 2008 02:18 PM

Do not attempt to frighten Teh Great Spirit.

He is still in recovery from the last time - much firewater was needed to drive the bad spirits away.

Posted by: Dances with Polls at January 9, 2008 02:27 PM

When will we get to the big question: mustache or no mustache?

Posted by: yojoe at January 9, 2008 02:54 PM

Boo!

Posted by: Little Snark Run-Amuk at January 9, 2008 03:11 PM

Ah.....I like my critters furry, but prefer my men well, "MAN") mainly smooth chested...but better hair on the front than the back....ack!...and a well carpeted cranium (Why oh why am I even "going there"?..sheesh!)

Actually, since I decided to do a long overdue drop by Cafe' Cassandra & do a wee bit o' reading, I just had to give a SHOUT OUT, to muh' Celery Recycling (that was funny, girl!) Cass and other peeps of the Villainous Company.

And really, I linked to here from checking out ol Camo's "cycles"(~;)

Love ya's....No really I do! (~;)

I'm glad the wise, well versed and witty Cass woman ONCE AGAIN could not resist the thunderous "ENCORE!!...DON"T YOU EVAH' LEAVE NO MORE!"--- and just *had to* come back & keep VC fully operational.

MUAH! (~;)

Posted by: Some Sort of Ferocious Feline from Colorado, As I Remember It at January 9, 2008 03:33 PM

Hey woman!

I have been thinking of you. Was going to sit down and write you over the weekend but instead I decided to throw myself down the stairs :p

I am not sure there was much of a clamor for the reappearance of the editorial staff. However, some things happened that made me think. And as we all know overthinking is something of a hobby of mine, to paraphrase a wise person of my acquaintance.

Posted by: Bad Penny at January 9, 2008 03:48 PM

LittleSnark, that was.... unforgiveable.

You will pay. Oh yes, you *will* pay.

Posted by: Bad Penny at January 9, 2008 03:51 PM

DwP,

Well, there are guys that choose to be bald, and there are those that have to be bald.

I guess you could always get one of these, but they never look natural.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at January 9, 2008 04:25 PM

Ahhhh.... DWP get it now.

Though many men with very little hair on head seem to "get it" just fine too, in her experience. What between ears seem to matter far more than what on top of head.

Man often worry for no reason. Female of species rarely attracted to scalp.

Posted by: Dances with Polls at January 9, 2008 04:32 PM

DwP did not look at photo before commenting. "Bald" word threw DwP off.

To clarify earlier remark, DwP did not mean to imply that man with chest hair requirement for being attractive. Only that man with no body hair at all not in natural state, and that *not* attractive to her.

DwP find it disturbing to think a person would have to change himself that much to be considered acceptable. Should have more respect for self, and partner should have more respect for him.

Posted by: Dances with Polls at January 9, 2008 04:42 PM

To the mustache question: I like a well groomed mustache if it looks good on the gentleman in question.

My husband always grows one when he goes to the field. He had one when we were dating and I loved it. However, it does tickle a lot when he kisses me.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 9, 2008 04:46 PM

That said, I also love it when my husband has just shaved because my skin is sensitive and also because he always smells so wonderful.

But I also kind of like it sometimes when we're on vacation and he lets a day or two of beard grow. He looks even more masculine than usual (and vaguely disreputable) and I get a kick out of it.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 9, 2008 04:50 PM

Methinks DwP is taking me too seriously.

Just saying that the 'bald' don't have as much room to be, how shall we say, 'creative'. And that goes for both genders. :­­©)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at January 9, 2008 04:56 PM

Well, gee...whatever benigin comments I made the posting nazi's refused my submission for "questionable content"?? HERE? ME?..."questionable content". that's a load of *!&^@%$@#$#@(* hehe

Posted by: Some Sort of Ferocious Feline from Colorado, As I Remember It at January 9, 2008 05:05 PM

Grandfather Eagle once tell Little Snark, "Great Spirit only make so many perfect heads. The rest he put hair on."

Posted by: Little Snark Run-Amuk at January 9, 2008 05:22 PM

Grass never grows on a busy street.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 9, 2008 05:52 PM

I like hirsute. I have incredibly sensitive fingertips, and running them through...

Oops. I starting blushing.

Never mind.

And LFC IS BACK!!! WE MISSED YOU!

Posted by: Emily Litella's Cricket at January 9, 2008 08:13 PM

The Engineer grows a lovely beard during the winter and shaves it off in the spring. He has
black hair and brown eyes, with a bit of white
at the temples and looks like a rascal...sort of
a Rhett Butler type. This year, the beard came in more white than black, so off it went.

Posted by: Cricket at January 9, 2008 08:16 PM

Frankly my dear Cricket, I don't give a damn.

Posted by: a former european at January 10, 2008 02:07 AM

LOL.

But Rhett! Tomorrow IS another day! I'll just think about it tomorrow while PMSing at Tara.

A sequel to GWTW, Written By A Man, entitled 'Rhett Butler's People' Has Appeared.
After reading 'Scarlett' umpteen years ago,
I am not going to bother.

Posted by: Cricket at January 10, 2008 08:25 AM

A Sequel to my post:
I was rolling through the local Publix and spied
'Rhett and yadda yadda.' I picked it up, leafed through it and read the end.

That is fifteen minutes of my life I will never get back again.

I was so right.

Posted by: Cricket at January 10, 2008 01:08 PM

Grass never grows on a busy street.
Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 9, 2008 05:52 PM

It doesn't grow in the desert either, I've noticed.
(Ducking and running...)

Posted by: camojack at January 11, 2008 01:30 AM

Despite all the life danger, with one selfless act from one common person, someone is saved, A hero is made. http://www.trendyedhardy.com/category.php?id=17

Posted by: trendyedhardy at October 15, 2009 10:53 PM