« Maridise Lost | Main | NYTimesWatch: We're Doomed!, The Game Edition »

January 24, 2008

The End Is Near!

Dayum.

When the Editorial Staff finds itself in complete, unequivocal agreement with William Arkin, we think it may be time for us all to bend over and bid our collective tuckii a fond adieu.

Posted by Cassandra at January 24, 2008 07:51 AM

Comments

Keeping Gen Petraus in charge in Iraq is a great idea for all the reasons stated in the piece.
Regarding finding that one agrees with someone like Arkin only means that someone like Arkin has, at least in this instance, seen the light. No?

And tuckii!? Have you been listening to Nino Greasemanelli? Come here, hold out your hand! [smack, smack, smack]

Posted by: Sister Mary Stigmata at January 24, 2008 10:59 AM

Sacre Bleu! I knew the Editorial Staff was Half Vast, but never did I think it would lead to this. What is the world coming to? Next you'll be telling us that you are in agreement with Herr Olbermann....oh, wait....fear not, my friend, that brief and *shining* moment of agreement only lasts until you read the next article.

Whew! That was close.
0>;~}

Posted by: Sly2017 at January 24, 2008 11:15 AM

G'morning Sly!

Yet even in that next article to which you linked, if you go to a comment

"Posted by: Warren Capps | January 24, 2008 11:14 AM"
you will see that one might find the occasional pearl in almost any slimy oyster.

There is usually a bright side, somewhere. And if not, burn something! =;-}

Salute!

Posted by: bthun at January 24, 2008 01:01 PM

Mornin', bthun.
Burn something? Ooo shiny!!
I perused the commentary. I especially liked the comment by Paul Boyce, U.S. Army Washington DC. Kinda blew Arkin's whole premise out of the water. But then the next commenter wanted to know why President Bush hadn't gotten on the air to implore more people to join the military. I needed to get screen cleaner after that, so I didn't continue down too much further for fear of a deluge.

Posted by: Sly2017 at January 24, 2008 01:52 PM

"But then the next commenter wanted to know why President Bush hadn't gotten on the air to implore more people to join the military."
Yeah, I saw that. Must be my age, but it just gave me gas and an urge to hit something with a fly swatter. =;-}

Posted by: bthun at January 24, 2008 02:00 PM

"...but it just gave me gas..."

Was that what it was? I thought it was this morning's helping of chili.

0>;~}

Posted by: Sly2017 at January 24, 2008 02:32 PM

Fire in the Hole!

Posted by: Sgt. Fury at January 24, 2008 07:29 PM

Strange, first I heard of a rumor to move Petraeus. He has only been there a year (Fallon has only been CENTCOM cdr for a year) so it seems premature to talk about 'promoting him to CENTCOM' commander and NATO commander would be a waste of his talents.

Casey was MNFI Commander for three years ... Petraeus should stay another year to continue the successes there ... then make him CENTCOM commander.

Posted by: Frodo at January 25, 2008 02:47 PM

I totally agree Frodo.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 25, 2008 05:44 PM

Well Cass, you know what they say ... great minds etc. :)

Posted by: Frodo at January 26, 2008 09:53 AM