« Suddenly FISA's Not Important? Since When? | Main | Ha! »

February 18, 2008

Cult Of Obama Caption Contest

I'm sorry but this is too funny to pass up:

ObamaPrays.jpg

Your Obamanecdote of the Day:

It was early 1994 when Nelson Mandela gave a speech in a slum outside Cape Town and spoke in grand terms of a new beginning and how when he was elected president every household would have a washing machine.

People took him literally. A few months later he became South Africa’s first black president. That’s when clerks in department stores in Cape Town had to turn people away demanding their free washer and dryer.

Having spent some time as a reporter in South Africa watching the Mandela presidency I was reminded of that story this week when I travelled with Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on the campaign trail. ...

How does a cult figure, in the eyes of some something akin to a messiah, make the transition to a political frontrunner – president even – where disappointment will soon crush what seemed to be a journey to a promised land?

Just remember:

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
- Obama, Super Tuesday.

The future begins here, tomorrow. Today. Or words to that effect.

- Cassandra.I.am

Posted by Cassandra at February 18, 2008 12:03 PM

Comments

I would have something to say about Obama ... but every time I try I faint. ( http://radiovice.blogspot.com/2008/02/oh-obamaaaaaa-insert-fainting-now.html )

Posted by: Frodo at February 18, 2008 12:18 PM

Fortunately for those of us who (according to an eleven year-old currently enjoying the fruits of my labors) "hate" Obama (I don't "hate" anyone, you little twerp), we can get our Obamarama's out with the help of this nifty poster generator. My first entry?

"Change My Shirt!"

Posted by: spd rdr at February 18, 2008 01:16 PM

Master Frodo,

do you also have a strange feeling in your leg? You too could be afflicted by Matthew's Syndrome.

This is known to primarily affect alleged newspeople who work for (alleged) major TV networks (now in digital!), when they start to seriously cognate regarding the presidency of "The Big O".

There is no known treatment or cure, but it will probably pass in 18 to 24 months, when the Audacity of Hope is displaced with the Reality of Flawed Humanity. And there is NO cure for the reality of flawed humanity.

"History. Read it and weep" - from the Book of Bokonon ("Cat's Cradle"-K. Vonnegut)

If Mr. Obama is elected, I'd invest in Kleenex; it's a sure thing.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at February 18, 2008 03:16 PM

"Ahhhhh........silent but deadly." Obama muses from the sanctity of his own pew.

Posted by: Snarkammando at February 18, 2008 05:51 PM

I knew it! Obama is the Walrus! I am he and you are me....(I forget the rest).

At least he doesn't talk in that weird third-person like Bob Dole.

Posted by: a former european at February 18, 2008 06:37 PM

BHO is the living embodiment of the Living Color song, "Cult of Personality"

Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
Ive been everything you want to be
Im the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
I'm the cult of personality
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
I'm the cult of personality
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandi
I'm the cult of personality
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights a nobel prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You give me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be
I'm the cult of personality
Look into my eyes, what do you see?
Cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
I'm the cult of personality
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
The mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
I'm the cult of personality
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandi
I'm the cult of personality
Cult of personality
Cult of personality

Neon lights a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be
I'm the cult of personality

Caption:"Of course I'm sincere. Just ask anybody."

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at February 18, 2008 06:59 PM

Obama promises some pot for every chicken.

Posted by: rodney dill at February 18, 2008 07:53 PM

Al Gore would've killed for this much alphaness.

Posted by: annlee at February 18, 2008 08:16 PM

Look deep into my eyes ... you're feeling very sleepy ... you're eyelids are getting heavy ... you're legs feel weak ... (thump)

Posted by: Frodo at February 18, 2008 08:18 PM

Jim Jones II

Posted by: Glidedon at February 19, 2008 12:13 AM

Obama parting the Red State Sea

Posted by: rodney dill at February 19, 2008 06:14 AM

Obama is seen here channeling Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick before giving a speech on words.

Posted by: Frodo at February 19, 2008 10:30 AM

Obama stifles a grin as he listens to advice from his Dad in Heaven, thinking, "Doesn't He know that I am the Obamessiah? I don't have to take this."

Posted by: MathMom at February 19, 2008 02:24 PM

Obama, to self:

"Heavenly Father, if it be Thy will, let this cup pass from me...."

"NAAAAHHH.... just foolin'"

Posted by: I'm Going To The Bad Place For This at February 19, 2008 03:12 PM

"...and lastly, let Bill Clinton keep on "helping" Hillary manage her campaign..."

Posted by: I'm Going To The Bad Place For This at February 19, 2008 03:14 PM

Obama practices his sword-catching techniques knowing full well that Hillary's Super-Ninja-Assassin squads could attack at any time.

Posted by: Kevin L at February 19, 2008 04:26 PM

Posted by: Frodo at February 19, 2008 04:50 PM

"This is my church, here is the steeple open it up and I give hope to the people."

*ding ding ding ding ding!*
We have a winner!!