« Obama Quote Of The Day | Main | Prayers Needed »

February 16, 2008

Damn Straight

Well we must say, this is simply penetrating political analysis from Jane Fonda. Who knew she had it in her?

Eve Ensler: "You know what? The Mayor of New Orleans (the notorious Ray Nagin) just declared himself one of the first vagina friendly mayors."

Eve Ensler: "He's walking through the streets of New Orleans talking about it."

Jane Fonda: "Think about it -- it (New Orleans)'s moist, it's a wetland, it's a place -- it's a place where people come for fun. And when things go south, forget about it, shut it down."

Eve Ensler: "That's right."

This is why art education is so important in our public schools.

It allows us to make connections between things one would hardly have suspected could exist. Isn't life amazing?

Posted by Cassandra at February 16, 2008 11:28 AM

Comments

Ugghhh. She is such a moron.......Stuff like this (there are other actors/actresses in this august group) leads me to wonder if we wouldn't all be better off with the following rule: anyone who makes a living pretending to be something they are not whether on stage or in movies ought to have a two-hour delay before anything they say is transmitted to anyone else. I can't figure out whether this is clear evidence of the dangers of ingestion of substances that are unfriendly to cognitive function or a lifetime of relying always on the words of others (i.e., writers). Either way, ughhh.

Posted by: Robert A. Connolly at February 16, 2008 12:10 PM

I seriously doubt he's one of the first vagina-friendly mayors. Just one of the first to be recognized by Jane Fondle.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at February 16, 2008 01:30 PM

On a slightly related tangent, as I was standing in line at the grocery store this evening, I had nothing to do but read the covers of the various magazines on the impulse racks in front of the check out. I think it was Cosmo that had in a fairly large font Va-Jay-Jay with a sub-head having to do with "lady parts". I could only think - I'm SO glad I'm not standing in line with a child who is old enough to read that and ask awkward questions about it...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at February 16, 2008 07:42 PM

Would that be this Mayor of New Orleans? Better watch where you point your weapon, bud.

Posted by: Grim at February 16, 2008 11:25 PM

Using the same logic,

The atmosphere around Fonda stinks, she emits a most execrable product upon opening her orifice, and her frequent eructations are, though crude reality, best ignored by polite society.

Posted by: beerme at February 17, 2008 10:06 AM

But she lives in Georgia, Ok?

For some reason her cute little backwoods slight that she flung at Georgia was the part of her remark on NBC that gave me the most indigestion. Condescending wench.

Aye, I'll toast the passing of Hanoi Jane with a Guinness or six. And I'll share them with her too... after they pass through me bladder o-course.

Posted by: bthun at February 17, 2008 10:40 AM

Better watch where you point your weapon, bud.

Don't worry G, he is working real hard to ensure that you don't have any weapons like that in New Orleans. So you don't have to worry.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at February 17, 2008 03:06 PM