« Cult Of Obama Caption Contest | Main | I BELIEVE!!!!! »

February 19, 2008

Ha!

Sorry for the lame posting this week guys.
I'm ungodly busy. However, whilst grabbing an apple and a cup of coffee, I did manage to produce this with spd's poster generator for your amusement and befuddlement:

Obamessiah.jpg

"We are the Change that we seek"

- Obama, Super Tuesday

I still cannot get over the silliness of that line.

Anyway, fortunately Darleen is in prime snark. Go. Now.

Posted by Cassandra at February 19, 2008 03:54 PM

Comments

Caption: Hope Master Flash .... oops, going black again (thump)

Posted by: Frodo at February 19, 2008 04:33 PM

No worries about lame postings. Take your time. Just don't quit. Please!

Posted by: Sloan at February 19, 2008 06:13 PM

Neo wrote that this poster had a lot of the same themes as Communist-Soviet propaganda posters. And it is true. The Soviets used red imbued and warm colors. Obama uses that red, white, and blue color scape.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at February 19, 2008 06:14 PM

Nah.

I will just bore you to death with inane drivel :p

Frodo! Quit fainting! It's my turn!

And I thought without the Junior Senator from Massachusetts, this campaign was going to be dry and humorless. I should have known better!

Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!

Michelle Obama's Thesis [Jonah Goldberg]

Derb - A reader in the know informs me that Michelle Obama's thesis, "Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community," is unavailable until November 5, 2008 at the Princeton library. I wonder why.

02/19 01:38 PM

FREE THE TRUTH!!!!!

[THUD]

Posted by: Cassandra at February 19, 2008 06:17 PM

{Caption}[Kool-Aid]Pow(d)er to the people, pow(d)er to the people ride on....{/Caption}

Wow, for like the first time, since I like opened my beer this past beer-thirty, I'm like proud of my country, this afternoon, cause we like are like voting on the important issues like HOPE and CHANGE and we haven't like fainted... like...

Posted by: btSly&theFamilyStonehun at February 19, 2008 07:05 PM

Right...err...Left On, Brother Stonehun!

Preach it! Test-i-fy! Only the Obamessiah can steer America between the perilous Twin Shoals of Middleclassness and the vicious racism that is the only possible reason why absolutely every American voter is not AT THIS VERY MOMENT OUT PULLING THE LEVER FOR MY HUSBAND, BARACK OBAMA.

Fight The Powder!

Posted by: Michelle Obama at February 19, 2008 07:12 PM

I can't improve upon that caption Cass. Priceless.

Posted by: Pile On at February 19, 2008 08:32 PM

Similar to the current silliness posted all over billboards, brochures, etc. from Carroll County Community College:

"Become who you are".

Vapidity triumphant.

Posted by: socialism_is_error at February 19, 2008 08:53 PM

Yanno... there must be something about the education business that spawns that type of inanity. My son's HS had the dumbest slogan. I used to just die every time drove by it - we'd sit in the car and just riff off of it for half an hour:

"The Future Begins Here Today"

WTF????

Someone thought really hard about that one. What a waste of letters.

"From now on, it's not The Past anymore!"

"Wouldja look at the time! And it's moving Forward, not Backward! Who knew?"

Sheesh.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 19, 2008 09:33 PM

Careful!

The future could begin any second now!

Posted by: Pile On at February 19, 2008 09:56 PM

The future is history.

Posted by: Snarkammando at February 19, 2008 10:25 PM

Let's go Back to the Future!

Posted by: MathMom at February 19, 2008 10:36 PM

Posted by: Grim at February 19, 2008 10:45 PM

I am really really tired of schlepping that $*^# fainting couch trying to catch Frodo and Cass.
I want the government to give each of us our own fainting couch, but I am mesmerized by Barak's wanting me to work harder, and...and...

*faints*

Posted by: Cricket at February 20, 2008 06:19 AM

Posted by: B.O. at February 20, 2008 08:19 AM

Caption: Don't ask for detail

Posted by: Frodo at February 20, 2008 09:10 AM

Caption: I am seeking change for a fiver.

Posted by: MathMom at February 20, 2008 09:54 AM

Too bad this won't fit as a caption on that poster:

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

(Transcribed from a Michelle Obama speech. Talk about missing Tuh-RAY-zuh!)

Posted by: MathMom at February 21, 2008 08:52 AM

Courtesy of Michelle Obama:

Your chance to be proud of your country for the first time ever.. (of course that won't fit in the slogan generator)

Posted by: Frodo at February 21, 2008 12:19 PM