« Lamestream Media Howler Of The Day | Main | Damn Straight »

February 16, 2008

Obama Quote Of The Day

2008-02-11-PBS-Tavis-Saran.jpg

"So I think he definitely has convinced people that he stands for change and for hope, and I can't wait to see what he stands for."

Neither can we, Susan. Res ipsa loquitur.

The Editorial Staff proposes to make this a new category. We have been seeing so many loony quotes from Obama followers that we think this could be a self-perpetuating thing. Send us your entries.

What a hoot.

Posted by Cassandra at February 16, 2008 11:18 AM

Comments

Certainly a great deal of Obama's early success comes from his appeal to the, (how can I say it gracefully), the "idealistic" element of the Democratic party, those that so want to project their heartfelt neediness onto the blank slate of his "change and hope" mantra. Susan makes a good poster child for the type.

Posted by: Flatlander at February 16, 2008 11:13 PM

Hollyweirdo and Woodstock Mosh Pit off spring alerts? If an islamofascist caliphate was established on the left coast, guess what Al-Qaeda would do to these left-wingbat infidels Cass? - French Revolution Guillotine 2008?

Posted by: darthcrUSAderworldtour07 at February 18, 2008 01:04 AM

This from Michelle Obama:

That is why I am here, because Barack Obama is the only person in this who understands that. That before we can work on the problems, we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation.

So, Barack Obama, in his wife's opinion, can help fix our souls. I believe that, fer sher!

Posted by: MathMom at February 18, 2008 07:28 AM

Well, I was going to try to transcribe some of this, but it's really better to hear it. Hugh Hewitt played part of a Michelle Obama speech. It is chock full o' Purple Obama Prose.

Posted by: MathMom at February 18, 2008 07:47 AM

Michelle Obama scares me. She strikes me as a very angry woman.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 18, 2008 09:08 AM

Funny, in trying to support Obama, Saran-dumb actually adds weight to the criticism's of Obama by McCain and Clinton ... besides bringing me 'hope' for 'change', what else do you got ... oops, blacking out now ....

Posted by: Frodo at February 18, 2008 12:36 PM

Frodo! You shouldn't try standing up so fast when in the presence of ... ooooooh!

(Thump!)

Posted by: MathMom at February 18, 2008 12:46 PM

uhhh ... where am I?

Posted by: Frodo at February 18, 2008 02:58 PM

Here, Frodo... have some Hope!

Posted by: Susan SaranWrap at February 18, 2008 03:03 PM

Hope cures *everything*!

[gush!]

Posted by: Susan SaranWrap at February 18, 2008 03:04 PM

Hey... any chance of getting some of that there "hope" stuff for my campaign?

[Whomp!]

Posted by: Hillary Clinton at February 18, 2008 03:08 PM

> Hey... any chance of getting some of that there "hope" stuff for my campaign?

Hopefully.... no.

People might take Hillary seriously. Sooner or later the air is gonna get out of the heads and the whole Obama thing is gonna get properly deflated. I don't think much of McCain but if I have to choose between him and a socialist nitwit I'll take him every time.

Posted by: obloodyhell at February 19, 2008 02:05 AM

But its funny to watch the Clinton and Obama factions of the Democratic party pull each other apart.

Posted by: Frodo at February 19, 2008 10:28 AM