« That Terrifying Place.... | Main | America's Female Warriors Show Bravery, Loyalty »

March 12, 2008

Hello, Old Friend...

[sniff!]

What a hoot...

The Donovan has been pestering the Editorial Staff for some time now for a copy of The Trivet. It has been so long now that we could not find it in our archives.

How many of the Assembled Villainry remember this old relic from the original site design?

trivet.jpg

The things we do for the readership.

Posted by Cassandra at March 12, 2008 07:01 AM

Comments

Shouldn't the motiff in the upper left hand corner be wearing that circle as an amulet?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at March 12, 2008 07:16 AM

I remember, though it is fresh in my mind because I occasionally refer to the Internet Archives of the old site. Some of our old discussions are saved there, which once in a while I recall in reference to some current matter, and need to consider anew.

Posted by: Grim at March 12, 2008 07:31 AM

I hope you don't use your Bene Gesserit witch powers and do a voodoo on those pestering you.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at March 12, 2008 09:18 AM

That's pretty funny.

I love Peeps.

Posted by: Cass at March 12, 2008 10:00 AM

And why isn't Bill sneaking in here to play 'Turn the Trivet' and then recount his tales of internet derring-do by blogging the adventures
of 'As The Trivet Turns?'

Inquiring minds...

BILLT, THE TRIVET IS BAAAAACK!!!

Posted by: Cricket at March 12, 2008 12:19 PM

Bill is off torturing al Qaeda again...

Posted by: Cass at March 12, 2008 12:45 PM

I have that thing tatooed on my butt cheek, right next to the Commerce Clause. Chicks dig it.

Posted by: psd drr at March 12, 2008 03:14 PM

Dagnabbit! I told you to stay away from Teddy Kennedy!

Posted by: Dana Priest at March 12, 2008 03:31 PM

But Dana! Teddy told me it was his family crust!

Posted by: sloe eyed spd at March 12, 2008 04:21 PM

You, sir, are despicable.

I know Ted Kennedy, and YOU, SIR, ARE NO TEDDY KENNEDY!!!!

Posted by: "Splash" Kennedy, the Chesapeake Water Spaniel at March 12, 2008 04:41 PM

Don't be insulting my Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I will get pic of the little 90# monster soon.

Posted by: Mark at March 12, 2008 06:04 PM

We examined the DNA on that crust and determined that Ted - W.C. Fields- Kennedy did not hold the door for Mary Jo... So I agree with the spaniel.

Splish splash he was taking a bath after driving his Olds into Poucha Pond...

Posted by: CSI: Mac Taylor at March 12, 2008 06:09 PM

Oooooooo! I just love it when you put hot things on top of me!

Posted by: Teddy the Trivializing Trivet at March 12, 2008 06:13 PM

That's trippy, man...

Posted by: HomefrontSix at March 12, 2008 07:53 PM

Is this Trivet Pursuit? Can anybody play?

Or is it just another trivesty of a posting?

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 12, 2008 08:46 PM

That is Celtic art. I love it.

Posted by: Mark at March 13, 2008 11:27 AM

The original concept I had for the site had some really beautiful celtic graphics. It was nothing like it looks now.

The colors were really lovely and restful - all greens and lavender, like heather in a field (my favorite colors because they are so tranquil, except for red, which I also love because it is vibrant). I realize that makes absolutely no sense, but I don't have to make sense.

I'm a woman :p

Posted by: Cass at March 13, 2008 11:42 AM

Ungodly heathens shall be wiped from this Earth, so Sayeth the Spirit of Man of the Stars, in this fallen world after Holy Federation. Amen.

I realize that makes absolutely no sense, but I don't have to make sense.

The study of color on people's moods make a great deal of sense, Cass. Although women are much better at it then men, both by inclination, natural ability, and specialization.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at March 13, 2008 04:00 PM