« For Mark, With Love | Main | May The Bluebird Of Happiness Fly Up Your Nose »

March 28, 2008

If Loving This Is Wrong...

...the Editorial Staff doesn't want to be right.

Check out the good looking black guy at the end of the video. Priceless - I laughed out loud.

Via commenter Howard in Boston at Tigerhawk.

Posted by Cassandra at March 28, 2008 06:01 AM

Comments

Wow! That is eye opening.

Being a typical dark haired guy, I've caught myself recoiling when in close proximity to redheads. Then again it might be due to me memories of me mum. What with her being redheaded, Irish and wielding a mean switch... But I never stopped to consider how I might be perpetuating the isolation and oppression of redheads, especially those with pigtails simply because I was often switched by me mum when I least expected it.

I will do my part to correct this situation and write my congress widgets to support improveverywhere.com. Maybe the UN can declare 2009 The Year of the Redheaded Improv? They ought to be able to handle that.

Posted by: bthun at March 28, 2008 07:54 AM

I will have to send this to my son - he'll get a kick out of it :p

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 08:02 AM

What's wrong with pigtails?

Posted by: Grim at March 28, 2008 08:05 AM

My maid of honor at my wedding had the most gorgeous red hair. It was the color of a copper penny - really, really true dark red. And real, too.

A lot of my cousins on my Dad's side have hair that color. It's fun seeing people who look like me with hair that color. This year I got to try on a whole bunch of wigs with different hair colors. I have a friend who has scads of them. It was a real hoot - we played dress up: it was like being kids again. The one that looked the best on me (I was surprised, with my skin and brown eyes) was the same color as my maid of honor's: dark auburn. The worst was ash blonde - that was HORRIBLE! Made me look very washed out. I need color and contrast.

Let's face it - I am a drama queen!

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 08:10 AM

I was born with bozo red hair. Thankfully, that fell out and blonde hair grew in.

Posted by: Carrie at March 28, 2008 08:13 AM

"What's wrong with pigtails?"
In all seriousness, not a thing.

But all seriousness aside, pigtails, ahhhh, never mind... The sun is up. It was a beautiful sunrise. Reddish hues on the eastern horizon just as dawn cracked.

MIL is a redheaded lady too and Walkin' Boss just knows what I think/say/type. Spooky. So before I land myself in the no fly zone WRT redheaded and/or pigtailed folk, I'm going to adhere to the Walkin' Boss approved work order for today and go work in the gardens now.

Posted by: bthun at March 28, 2008 08:30 AM

It looks like the buffet line when I take my family out to brunch.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 28, 2008 09:35 AM

Finally, someone has laid bare the biggest insult perpetrated upon a people of princess pink pigtails! I could regale you the many times a stranger has approached me with their smarmy grin asking if they could "Biggie size their order". Oh the humanity!

Posted by: Pippi Longstockings at March 28, 2008 12:28 PM

Blonde mating call: "Oh, I'm so drunk!"

Brunette mating call: "Look! All the blondes are gone."

Redhead mating call: "Next!!!"

Posted by: camojack at March 30, 2008 01:22 AM

Very funny, smart aleck :p

From what I've seen, most guys seem to have personal preferences. I think women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes. Redheaded women are particularly lovely, I think, because their coloring is so vivid and it is relatively rare.

When I was a little girl I longed to have fiery red hair like my cousins. Now that I am older and I could easily dye my hair any color I wanted to, I am happy to be a boring old brunette. That is who I am, and it fits my personality.

Posted by: Cass at March 30, 2008 07:38 AM

Dark and brooding?

*shuckin' and duckin' and runnin' for the hills*

Posted by: DL-Sly at March 30, 2008 12:30 PM

Very funny, smart aleck :p

I thought so too, thanks.

I've always had a weakness for redheads, actually...but doubt I could do better than the blonde I'm with now.

As for the "beautiful in all shapes and sizes" thing, I'm slightly more discerning than that.

And I wouldn't change a single, solitary thing about who you are, even if I had the power to do so...

Posted by: camojack at March 31, 2008 01:27 AM