« Odds and Ends | Main | Important Sandy Day O'Connor Thong Alert »

March 28, 2008

Oh Yes, Yes We Can

martini.jpgMake fun of ourselves, that is.

Along about quitting time at work this Friday (not that we're done yet) the half vast editorial staff looked down at ourselves and noted with no little amusement that we are clothed all in...

[wait for it, people]

Pink.

Oh yeah. Go for it, Carrie, Deb, Sly, and MaryAnn. Oh yeah, it's your birthday. Uh-huh.

And we're about to quaff a very pink pomegranate martini. Because we are getting a headache.

We hope that was good for you.

Because the world moved for us.

Posted by Cassandra at March 28, 2008 05:22 PM

Comments

Oh, I'm in.
*cracks ice cold beer*
Although, I prefer basic black.

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 06:07 PM

Well, this is going back to the baby shower thing :p

Trust me, this doesn't happen often.

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 06:12 PM

My wine glass is full WITH ice cubes..
I know...blasphemer..
Here's one for ya...'cause I like a little ska on a Friday night...:)

Me love ya..enjoy that martini...

Posted by: Carrie at March 28, 2008 06:15 PM

Since its been a balmy 83 degrees today here in Southern Arizona, I am doing editing work out on my veranda with a nice Mojito (I do so like my rum). I complete the Cuban theme by rocking black dockers with a black and red embroidered Guayabera shirt. Sadly, my cigar is NOT Cuban. Viva!

Posted by: a former european at March 28, 2008 06:16 PM

Even though it's *shudder* pink, I'm sure that you look mmmaahvalous!

Although, I think you're just starting trouble.

How fortuitous your web site is called Villainous Company.

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 06:29 PM

I'll see your "trouble" and raise you this one..

Posted by: Carrie at March 28, 2008 06:39 PM

Pheh.
I call. But I think we need to paint the town anything but pink, and we'll need some alcohol to go along with that.

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 06:57 PM

Cause it's Wookie Time!

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 07:07 PM

Carrie just reminded me of California.

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 07:13 PM

Rare footage of what those itinerate Eskimos do when the HVES is off sipping pomegranite martini's. Look close, or you'll miss 'em.

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 07:40 PM

Here's some funkified pink for ya.

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 07:58 PM

LOL, all of these are perfect. From "Trouble," to "5 O'clock..." and here in sunny California it's time for the ladies' riding lesson in the arena.

Talk about snark, I just keep my trap shut.

Cheers

Posted by: Allen at March 28, 2008 07:59 PM

Heheh, Ya got my platform Wolverine's moving Sly.... and it shook my tiutanium caged spine so badly, now I've gotta...

But I'm down with AFE... I did some Walkin' Boss approved duties in the flowers and shrubs today. Fair weather down heah in Hotlanta. I put down some preen and cypress mulch on a cleaned bed of lilies and a Japanese Tulip tree, which blooms pink/white variegated BTW. That's 2 cubic yards spread for Walkin' Boss, ~30 yards to go for Walkin' Bosskind. Not bad for an old man.

Now it's time to kick back with a libation or three, rum based sounds fair... -whiskey after beer never fear-

Then to play a little sunset music. And later, a little mood music. I did recently recall Mallorca for one reason or another. Oh yeah, it was drunken, screaming (belligerent & berating) Scots on holiday. What an outstanding bunch of party animals they were! A great time was had by all.

Posted by: bthun at March 28, 2008 08:01 PM

Dear Lord Sly.

I can never hear Wild Cherry without thinking of the Marine Corps ball and Laughlin, Nevada.

Aiiiieeeeeeee!!!!!! Getting old is not for sissies.

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 08:07 PM

Oh, now you're going to get me started.

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2008 08:11 PM

"Dear Lord Sly."

Oh, I like the sound of that....

0>;~}

Posted by: Sly2017 at March 28, 2008 08:12 PM

blah, blah, blah...

What do you think about that? :)

Posted by: Carrie at March 28, 2008 08:20 PM

I think that calls for something competely irreverant.
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: Dear Lord Sly at March 28, 2008 08:25 PM

Miss you, baby...

Posted by: Semper Fi Wife at March 28, 2008 08:29 PM

bthun, my friend, for those musical selections, and because I would hate for Walkin' Boss to not have a lovely garden this year, keep the torque wrench. May it continue to bless you with plentiful moisture from above. Just don't shake it too much, I'd hate to be semi-responsible for Walkin' Boss blues.

Posted by: Dear Lord Sly at March 28, 2008 08:42 PM

=:^} Thanks for the SRV DL-Sly.

Posted by: bt_Mr.-Greenjeans_hun at March 28, 2008 09:46 PM

Welcome.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 28, 2008 10:00 PM

People, people, people.

First of all, Cass, pink anything does not strike me as your style. Blue, perhaps but not pink.

And while I'm quite a fan of MG, SRV, and especially Bad Company, I think today is more of a Granny does your dog bite kind of day...

Just sayin'...

Posted by: HomefrontSix at March 28, 2008 11:21 PM

Unfortunately, I've been working just about every day since I got back from my vacation last month.

It's my "penance"; brought about by piss poor management... :-(

Posted by: camojack at March 29, 2008 01:18 AM

At least I now know what to get you when it really is your birthday.

Kuwait: Not pink.

Posted by: Grim at March 29, 2008 04:35 AM

clerk at package store: Officer, I don't recall what she looked like. All I could see was the hole in the barrel of a d*$% Hello Kitty pink AR staring at me, right between my eyes...

LEO: And she took no money?

clerk at package store: No. Just a case of assorted alcohol,some mixers, chips and party favors...

Another lost soul doomed to forever ride herd yelling yippie kay yay I fear.

Posted by: "Joliet" Jake Blues at March 29, 2008 11:02 AM

Sheesh... I take the weekend off and return to find the place has gone pink!!

Posted by: MaryAnn at March 30, 2008 06:22 PM

This looks wonderful. I need a drink after browsing through weeks of posts - I always love reading your thoughts. I'm still alive, just buried and computerless. Pink is good. Pink drinks are especially good.

Posted by: Deb at April 4, 2008 07:14 PM

We were starting to get a little worried, Deb.

Posted by: Carrie at April 5, 2008 11:30 AM