« America's Female Warriors Show Bravery, Loyalty | Main | Coffee Snorters: Dark Humor Edition »

March 12, 2008

bridge.jpg

I took this last Fall on a weekend trip to Pennsylvania. Click here for a larger version.

I don't know why, but I've always loved bridges. They fascinate me. I took a lot of photos of this one - I loved the ironwork. I guess I'm easily amused.

I couldn't get the water flowing underneath, but the colors were really lovely. Very subdued and peaceful in contrast with the rust on the metal uprights.

Posted by Cassandra at March 12, 2008 05:51 PM

Comments

"I guess I'm easily amused."

I guess that explains the trivet....

Posted by: Snarkammando at March 12, 2008 07:16 PM

Oh, you *are* feeling better.

Does this mean I have to start finding photos of men in a precarious state of undress?

Oh.

Wait a minute. That's not for a few months.

/RUNNING FOR THE BARRICADES!!!!!

Posted by: "Splash" Kennedy, the Chesapeake Water Spaniel at March 12, 2008 07:25 PM

"Oh, you *are* feeling better.

Oh.

Wait a minute. That's not for a few months.

/RUNNING FOR THE BARRICADES!!!!!"
Oh, please excuse me, I thought I was going to "Villainous Company, and wound up at Ace's place. I'll be going now.....

Posted by: Rich at March 12, 2008 07:29 PM

The real question is...

How high up above the waterline is the bridge?

That's the best part about bridges: Going to the center and looking down.

Posted by: Kevin L at March 12, 2008 07:36 PM

No Rich. That was a joke :p

There will be no pictures at VC. Not my thing. Don't care if other people indulge - just not my cup of tea :)

Posted by: Cass at March 12, 2008 07:43 PM

As I remember Kevin, this one was pretty high up. It's been a while. I'm going back (hopefully) pretty soon. I wanted to go up there right before the Unit got back but I wasn't finished with the project I'm working on so I couldn't get away. So I'll take him up to meet my friend. I think he'll like her anyway - she's really great (and pretty, too!).

Posted by: Cass at March 12, 2008 07:45 PM

If I can, I'll take some photos from the middle of the bridge this time.

Posted by: Cass at March 12, 2008 07:46 PM

"You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"?

Sounds catchy. Didja get that off a license plate?

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 12, 2008 08:43 PM

Did someone say photo,Moto?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at March 13, 2008 01:05 AM

"You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"?
Sounds catchy. Didja get that off a license plate?
Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 12, 2008 08:43 PM

She can consider me one, if'n she wishes. :-)

Where in Pennsylvania was the picture taken, BTW?

Posted by: camojack at March 13, 2008 03:49 AM

Pittsburgh, which surprisingly enough is a very fun place.

About 18 months ago I went to a conference in New England and met someone from Pittsburgh. We really hit it off for some reason, and so we have continued to get together whenever we can. Eventually she invited me up there for the weekend to see the city.

And I do, Camo :p

Posted by: Cass at March 13, 2008 05:12 AM

Aieeeeeee! My eyes!

Posted by: Cass at March 13, 2008 05:14 AM

Odd request, but where specifically in Pittsburgh may I ask? I was born in Sewickley which is right outside the city proper and lived for my first eight years in Robinson Township. But it's just idle curiosity and if you're not comfortable answering, I won't be hurt. :)

Posted by: MikeD at March 13, 2008 10:42 AM

I am not absolutely certain (keep in mind I am not a native of Pittsburgh). I just did a little land nav with Google maps and I'm about 98% certain it was Washington's Landing at the old 31st Street bridge.

The thing is, we were getting ready to go to a costume ball that night and I'd only had about 2 hours of sleep, plus we stopped in for beers at this little bar, so I wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to where we were - we were just cruising around the city. But there is a nice nature/bike trail that winds around the river. We took a lot of great pictures.

Posted by: Cass at March 13, 2008 11:17 AM

Pittsburgh, which surprisingly enough is a very fun place.
And I do, Camo :p
Posted by: Cass at March 13, 2008 05:12 AM

Good; the feeling's mutual.

If you and your husband would like a personal guided tour of Philly sometime, yours is but to ask...it beats Pittsburgh.
(Of course, I'm biased...)

Posted by: camojack at March 14, 2008 01:33 AM

Not in pro football camo ;)

Posted by: MikeD at March 14, 2008 01:10 PM

Not in pro football camo ;)
Posted by MikeD at March 14, 2008 01:10 PM