« The "Back Door Draft" | Main | This Deeply Unpopular War »

May 13, 2008

Never Say That This Blog Is Not Educational...

Where else are you going to find helpful hints like this?

Posted by Cassandra at May 13, 2008 01:23 PM

Comments

Yowsah! I wuz shocked thinking that this wuz one of them thar MFWILTBL (Momaciter's for whom I'd like to buy lawngeReh!) public service announcements. But it's apparently a legit service for sons *shudder* and that's just a bit too heavy on the Siggy Freud couch side of life fer me.

Posted by: Larry at May 13, 2008 01:37 PM

If I'd ever purchased anything more intimate than *chocolate* for my mom, dad would've killed me. Literally.

Posted by: BillT at May 13, 2008 01:47 PM

My dog walker came to the door right after I found that and I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk :p

Can you *imagine* having to be told that? I didn't even read the whole thing b/c I was in the middle of something but it just struck me as unbearably funny. But then I am a bit twisted.

("Here, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!!!!"....

[THUD])

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 01:54 PM

Bathrobes count as lingerie? I did learn something new today.

Posted by: Grim at May 13, 2008 02:34 PM

Caftans, too, evidently.

Coming soon: the Vickie's Seekrit line of designer (ooooh -- *footless*!) jammies...

Posted by: BillT at May 13, 2008 02:49 PM

An here I thought the gurlz liked the footie jammies.

Posted by: MikeD at May 13, 2008 03:03 PM

Not this gurl, old son ...

I like pretty things. They don't have to be x-rated (in fact, those things are a touch drafty) :p But I don't want to look like Grandma Moses either :p

Seriously, bathrobes and PJs and modest nightgowns are all lingerie, technically speaking, and all fine gifts. I think everyone knows where the line is.

Well then again, as this post illustrates...PERHAPS NOT! Heh...

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 03:17 PM

What a hoot! I'm still laughing.

I keep seeing the Fruitcake Lady running around in something skimpy and red with "I've been a NAUGHTY GIRL - spank me!" printed on the fanny.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 03:21 PM

I will have you know, ma'am, that my wife LOVES flannel PJ's, especially if it has Hello Kitty on it! Sometimes frilly is nice, but comfy has its place too. So :P

Posted by: MikeD at May 13, 2008 03:22 PM

Nowhere there did I see an explanation of why one should buy his or her mother ANY kind of lingerie, ever. How 'bout some azaleas or something?

And what would constitute a "nice housecoat?" Isn't that an oxymoron?

Posted by: April at May 13, 2008 03:27 PM

Oh, I agree. I have one pair of red and grey plaid flannel PJ's with black velvet ribbon trim that I love. They are warm and pretty too. I've had them for years.

I just get impatient with too much material when I sleep. It gets all bunched up. This isn't a woman thing -- my husband is the same way. We'd both rather just throw on another blanket.

I love long flannel nightgowns, but they all that fabric drives me nuts so I almost never wear them.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 03:33 PM

I've bought my mother in law nightgowns before. I never know what to get her, so if I see something really pretty that I don't think she'd splurge on and it looks like her style, some years that is what I'll buy her.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 03:35 PM

Ah, ok...maybe a nice nightgown or robe, if you know she wears them. Anything more intimate than that, though, no way! :)

Posted by: April at May 13, 2008 03:39 PM

So if you buy your mother nothing, are you telling her that's what you want her to wear to bed? If so, my father would approve.

Posted by: MikeD at May 13, 2008 03:47 PM

So, I suspect, would most husbands :p After all the less you wear, the more incentive there is to cuddle up on cold nights!

And I agree, April.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 04:01 PM

I wonder if that would work on the Bride. "Duprise honey, I got you a new nightie!" "... This box is empty." "I know! Put it on!"

Posted by: MikeD at May 13, 2008 04:30 PM

And yes, I know 'suprise' doesn't have a 'd' in it. I'm gettin tired.

Posted by: MikeD at May 13, 2008 04:49 PM

"This box is empty." "I know! Put it on!"

That ranks with
"Here, hon."
"Aspirin? Why? I don't have a headache."
"Gooooood..."

Posted by: BillT at May 13, 2008 05:41 PM

but it does have two r's... "surprise!" ;-)

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at May 13, 2008 05:45 PM

It's sad that what was once common sense now has to be spelled out for some people...

When I was a kid, we got gowns and robes for Mom, and I know my grandmothers had received a fair number of the same over the years, too.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at May 13, 2008 05:46 PM

New law:
(A) The terms "Mother" and "Crotchless" shall not appear in the same sentence or pragraph, or on the same page, printed, electronic or otherwise, or on any billboard, poster, handbill, handout, flyer, coupon, coffee cup, t-shirt, blimp, scorebord, or painted farm or domesticated animal, or in any form of advertisement, packaging, web banner, sky-writing, tea leaves, text message or fortune cookie, or anywhere at anytime for anyreason bb anyone; provided, however, that such terms are permitted to appear together herein by special dispensation of Lord High Keeper of the Tongue.

(B) Any person violating the the provisions of this section shall be guilty of Felonious Bad Taste and have his brain washed out with sosp.

Posted by: The Last King of Calumny at May 13, 2008 05:47 PM

You are such a buzz kill.

And Bill...

/smack!!!!

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 06:01 PM

Sons buying their mothers Lingerie?

GAK!

I think I need a bleach shower.

Posted by: Mike Wilson at May 13, 2008 06:28 PM

I think I need a bleach shower.

And a brain scrubber. And some Propofol.

Ick.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at May 13, 2008 06:53 PM

Being educated by you, Cass, is rather dangerous.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 13, 2008 07:16 PM

Oh, like I'm *so* sure, HF6. And you don't buy your Dad Speedos for Father's Day either...

Uh-huh.

Posted by: Cassandra at May 13, 2008 07:18 PM

It has never (not even once) occurred to me to purchase lingerie for my mother.

Somehow, I doubt that it ever shall...

Posted by: camojack at May 14, 2008 01:26 AM

I need some mental floss. You are SO going to helk for that one. I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog, too!

Posted by: HomefrontSix at May 14, 2008 03:37 AM

The implied dare of "spd's law" notwithstanding (and just why the helk aren't you fussing at him? He provoked me!), I somehow managed to type that last without summoning that rather disturbing mental image :p

Posted by: Cassandra at May 14, 2008 05:17 AM

And Bill.../smack!!!!

Just *what* sick, twisted, visual image caused you to conjoin *me* with the Fruitcake

Ummmm -- never mind.

Posted by: BillT at May 14, 2008 09:52 AM

You talkin' about mama? The woman is holy. Completely holy.

Posted by: Vinne Barbarino at May 14, 2008 10:00 AM

Deep Thoughts:

What kind of gift giving on Mother's Day inspired such an article? One wonders.

Posted by: Jacqueline Handy at May 14, 2008 10:04 AM

I can tell you what the Mormon equivalent of the 'wear nothing to bed' equivalent is:

Getting a lovely negligee for one's bridal shower with the hem sewed shut.

heh.

Posted by: Cricket at May 14, 2008 10:06 AM

I prefer to not ever know what my mother does or does not wear to bed.

Posted by: va purchase loan at May 14, 2008 11:09 PM

Shouldn't that be "Kill Bill", like the movie, rather than "Buzz Kill"?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 17, 2008 08:35 PM

As long as you keep it fictional, Ymar. Got enough people trying to do it for real in These Here Parts...

Posted by: BillT at May 18, 2008 02:02 AM

Isn't it a good thing when the Taliban converge on ya when you have close air support?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 18, 2008 01:00 PM

Taliban's about Iran+Afstan to the east from here -- We get presents from al-Q here.

And I *am* my close air support...

Posted by: BillT at May 18, 2008 03:19 PM

So BillT, you're saying that you are the concussive-incendiary change that you seek? =8^}

Posted by: bthun at May 18, 2008 04:05 PM

I am not Change itself, but I *am* the agent of Change (eat your heart out, Barry).

Especially if you need something changed from its current configuration into -- uhhhh -- mulch...

Posted by: BillT at May 18, 2008 04:59 PM

"...but I *am* the agent of Change."

And that's just from drinking his coffee....
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 18, 2008 05:47 PM

And that's just from drinking his coffee....

Proof -- note how *mellow* Doc-Lady Sly's been of late...

Posted by: BillT at May 19, 2008 06:00 AM

And that's just from drinking his coffee....

Yeah, but he doesn't have any Beer Bread to go with it. Poor guy.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at May 19, 2008 09:09 PM