« We Are America | Main | Ha! »

May 19, 2008

The Comic Stylings of John McCain

I've always loved this one:

McCain's a fairly funny guy. He was the guest of honor a few years ago at the Marine Corps ball in DC and he brought the house down. This is a pretty good example of his comic patter:

This, however, is new to me. Too funny.

Enjoy :)

Posted by Cassandra at May 19, 2008 08:20 AM

Comments

The man has some good qualities, no doubt. :) The monkey joke is one I'll remember.

Posted by: Grim at May 19, 2008 12:42 PM

One of the qualities I look for in a candidate is the ability to laugh at themselves. I think it shows someone who is comfortable with who they are.

Reagan and Bush have it. Gore and Kerry didn't. Looks like McCain has it. Will have to see about Obama.

Posted by: Schnauzer at May 19, 2008 04:31 PM

As if his positions on certain policy matters disqualify him from serving as President, I must continually remind myself and my family that they who were perfect should cast the first stone. They should run for the Presidency since they feel he is not perfect. As if Sir Winston Churchill did not have feet of clay, drank heavily, contracted venereal disease while a young man, and used intemperate language occasionally, yet saved his country from total destruction and slavery.

Senator McCain is more qualified to run our government than almost any man alive today. His service and his entire life's work has been one of dedication to the American people in one form or another. No one in Congress, that I can see, has done more time on the American pond than he.

And so his humor is all the more refreshing in highlighting one whose life has been so seriously spent in pursuit of the safety and well being of the people of the United States. Why would those who disagree vehemently with his Dhimmicratic opponents then insist they must sit out the election because they cannot bring themselves to vote for him due to his immigration or campaign finance reform stance?

Thanks again, Cass, for highlighting what a fun guy this Man is, who suffered for us at the hands of North Vietnamese torturers for 5.5 yrs, and complained not once that it wasn't worth it to protect his country.

We aren't worth his spit.

Subsunk

Posted by: Subsunk at May 19, 2008 07:29 PM

"Voting is not a whim to be satisfied. It is a moral duty to participate in the American system of government. You may not abdicate that responsibility as a citizen and then complain that you were given no good choices. It is our Duty to choose wisely for our country, for our friends and neighbors, and for ourselves. Vote. Vote for whomever you must. But vote. Or be damned for failing to do your civic Duty in this time of tribulation and war."
A duty indeed! Including making oneself aware of and knowledgeable on the issues facing the nation and the views of those running for the positions of our elected leadership.

On the mark Subsunk.

Posted by: bthun at May 19, 2008 08:58 PM

A Dem commentator on some blog was sniffing about the number of demerits McCain racked up at the Naval Academy and quoted one of his classmates as saying something to the effect of "McCain was hell on wheels when we were out on leave." This was supposed to alert us to what a bad character he was.

Maybe I'm perverse, but it made me warm up to the guy. I thought hell, he must have been a fun date! I'll bet Dubya was too in his younger days.

Obama, for all the rumors of his alleged cocaine use, does not strike me as funny - especially when the topic is himself. I remember intellectual types in the '80's who snorted coke to try to be cool. They just became hyper-grandiose and exhaustingly intense - at parties, they'd corner you in the kitchen and lecture you non-stop about their Great Plans for the Future or describe some book they were reading in painstaking, high-speed detail until you managed to flee.

Posted by: Donna at May 19, 2008 10:55 PM

McCain has been on SNL before.

That was a pretty funny bit...

Posted by: camojack at May 20, 2008 01:19 AM