« A Failure of Imagination | Main | Obama as Robin Hood: Why Soaking the Rich Doesn't Work »

May 29, 2008

Widethpread Mithogyny Alert

Is this anything like a "wide stance" alert?

Enquiring minds want to know. Well then again, perhaps not. Key quote:

The campaign plays off regional superstitions that contact with women's panties can sap a man's power. Activists claim the fear is shared by the leaders of the country's military regime.

"If you don't believe me, you can bring this to the Yangon airport - you will be shot dead," said activist Thet Thet Tun as she clutched a pair of white undies. "So we use this against them."

... Tun, who fled the country seven years ago, described a society suffocating under state control and widespread misogyny.

"Our daily clothes are separated from a man's clothes, our towels are separated from their towels," she said. "That's what everyone still believes."

Oddly enough, here at Villa Caththandranita we have not noticed that thinging a thad, thad thong theems to thap the energy of the male of the thpecieth. In fact, it theems to have the oppothit effect.

Go figure.

Posted by Cassandra at May 29, 2008 07:56 AM

Comments

Huuuhhh....

Whut?! Whoa!

I wuz jus shaken out of a deep sahleep by ah knee-knockin in tha force, as if a million Kenworth cabovers had been rubbed with them little tighty whities the ladies wayar and made ta feel like Honder Civics er somtin... Them kind ah little wispy thangs that look like sligshots and make a fellers knees go all wobbly ifin he sights in on em.

Man, that whar a scary dream... I'd better double-down on PBR's and honeybuns fer breakfast jus ta steady mah self down. Pheeew.

Posted by: Larry at May 29, 2008 09:31 AM

...contact with women's panties can sap a man's power.

Throw *me* into that briar patch, pleeeeeease?

Posted by: BillT at May 29, 2008 03:02 PM

Uh, why would sad songs have the opposite effect? I thought the point of a sad song, was, to, you know, make one all introspective and weepy. So, maybe it isn't the song, dear Lady. Just sayin'. No, really, put the fireplace poker down. I like my hair parted just where it is and my head unparted, thanks(how many more steps to the door?)

Posted by: ry at May 29, 2008 03:54 PM

ry, you insufferable child, it's not a sad *song* but a sad *thong* -- as in,

"Thong flung blue, seepin' on my pillow"

A wet thong is a *sad* thong.

Which is just one more reathon to think it'll thing about thapping a man'th thtrengththththth(p-tooo!)

Posted by: BillT at May 29, 2008 04:47 PM

Ak-thually, it'th...

Thong, thung blue
Theeping on my pillow
Thong thung blue
weeping like a willow

Posted by: Knut, The Adorable German Polar Bear at May 29, 2008 05:02 PM

And where in the helk is John?

Posted by: Knut, The Adorable German Polar Bear at May 29, 2008 05:03 PM

Still running damage control back in the Castle Comments.

You're not the sole mentioner-of-undies on This Date in History...

Posted by: BillT at May 29, 2008 05:07 PM

Thnerk. True enough. Thereth been a lot of thongs about thongs being thung theeth dayth.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at May 29, 2008 05:22 PM

"how many more steps to the door?"

Oh that'th eathy.

Posted by: DL Sly at May 29, 2008 08:11 PM

Thith ith jutht thilly.

I wear wimminth knickerth all the time.

Posted by: Did I Jutht Thay That? at May 29, 2008 08:34 PM

See! I knew my high school football coach was right! Coach always warned us about not "associating" with the ladies the night before the big game. Coach Buzzcut said those kinds of things will lead to the loss of our precious manly essences, thus rendering us weak and flaccid on the playing field. Retired jarheads know all kinds of secret cool stuff like that. Hoo ah!

Posted by: a former european at May 29, 2008 11:07 PM

Oh.

YOu gr'umps play silly games. Don't even keep your consonant replacements regular for your games and all. (goes back to staring at bright shinny object)

Posted by: ry at May 30, 2008 09:35 AM

Hey lookee ah PBR can beside that Kenworth! Whoooeeee, that is shiiinnneeee!

Posted by: Larry at May 30, 2008 11:13 AM

"I wear wimminth knickerth all the time."

In the forest lies your destiny, hmmm? Yesss.

heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 30, 2008 02:46 PM

Bwaaaahahahaha... I knew it was only a matter of time before the Axth men thung their thong...

Posted by: Neil Ander-Thal at May 30, 2008 02:48 PM