« Oh No... No We Can't | Main | Funniest Political Quotes »

June 23, 2008

*groan*

So.... this baby seal walked into a club...

Posted by Cassandra at June 23, 2008 04:36 PM

Comments

The funny thing is that the "blogosphere" reacted too fast to this. Not enough people saw it, so it will disappear down the memory hole.

Next time, let him twist in the wind a little longer. :)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at June 23, 2008 05:23 PM

I agree with Don. We didn't milk this long enough. In our defense the sheer magnitude of arrogance this not-so-subtle attempt at subliminal messaging required a vigorous response.

BHO is letting us know that as far as change goes everything is on the table and nothing is sacred except the religion of change. Sounds like black liberation theology to me.

Posted by: vet66 at June 23, 2008 05:37 PM

Are you allowed to groan at your own puns? I thought -- given that, in the field of puns, groans are the equivalent of applause -- that was forbidden in the name of humility. It's like drinking a toast to yourself. :)

Posted by: Grim at June 23, 2008 05:39 PM

Oh.

I thought it was more like grimacing at the unvarnished lameness of it.

Sorry :p

Posted by: Cassandra at June 23, 2008 05:55 PM

"Unvarnished." Nice.

I still can't get that James Thurber cartoon out of my mine. Nor the Jethro Tull song, for that matter.

Posted by: Joy McCann at June 23, 2008 06:16 PM

I'd like to propose a toast.

"Heres to PILE".

Posted by: Pile On at June 23, 2008 06:19 PM

Bummer!

I thought this was gonna be a clubbing baby seals fest so I brought my best club and my dancing Mukluks for the party after...

Posted by: Neil Ander-Thal at June 23, 2008 06:44 PM

Ahh rooky here what I found in trash! Dis rook pretty spiffy on apodium, eh!

Posted by: Kim Jong-ilvis at June 23, 2008 07:35 PM

I happen to LIKE The Whisky That Dare Not Speak Its Name.

Posted by: Joy McCann at June 23, 2008 07:50 PM

That seal got clubbed quick.

Posted by: camojack at June 24, 2008 01:34 AM

Two goldfish in a tank, and one says, "I thought *you* knew how to drive this thing."

Substitute "Obie's PR flaks" and "campaign" in the appropriate spots...

Posted by: BillT at June 24, 2008 06:40 AM

Now that *is* bad :p

Posted by: Indiana Jones at June 24, 2008 09:53 AM

*sweeping bow -- with hat flourish*

Posted by: BillT at June 24, 2008 04:00 PM