« Heh | Main | Oh No... No We Can't »

June 21, 2008

No Mas, Senator

I couldn't sleep again last night.

After work I got all dolled up in this season's favorite skirt and went out for dinner. The skirt is very 1950s. It's (conceal your shock) an Audrey Hepburn-esque ballerina style affair: shell pink with exquisite pink and black ribbon embroidery gathered all around the hem.

Had a nice evening: great filet mignon, local bar, mildly quirky bottle of French wine we ordered mostly to see if we could utter the words, "Château Neuf de Pap" with a straight face. (oh, like you don't do that sort of thing all the time?)

Came home. Went to sleep, eventually. Woke up to find the post-racial candidate playing the race card like it was the world's tiniest violin:

Barack Obama told supporters that Republicans will “try to make you afraid of me” in remarks he made Friday at a Florida fundraiser.

"The choice is clear. Most of all we can choose between hope and fear. It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy.

“We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run,” said the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. “They’re going to try to make you afraid. They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. ‘He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black?’"

In similar comments at a Chicago fundraiser last Thursday, Obama told supporters that Republicans would try to portray both him and his wife Michelle as "scary."

"They’re going to try to make me into a scary guy,” he said last week. “They’re even trying to make Michelle into a scary person. Right?" And so that drumbeat – 'we’re not sure if he’s patriotic or not; we’re not sure if he is too black.'

"I don’t know, before I wasn’t black enough," said Obama. "'Now he might be too black. We don’t know whether he’s going to socialize – well, who knows what.'"

I don't know. Could you work the words "fear", "afraid", "scary", and "black" in there just a few more times, Barry? Because I'm "afraid" voters might miss the point.

You know, that you're... like, totally ... black. And the bad, scary Republicans want us to be afraid of you. Because you're so ... black. Even though you're half white. Which we're not supposed to talk about, because that would be focusing on race and you were so hoping we could get beyond that, I know. Damned Republicans. If only they'd quit bringing up the fact.

That you're black. And we should fear you.

Odd tactic, for a man liberals keep saying is so likable and non-threatening he may well be our first woman president. The looming menace must express itself in a disarmingly feminine, non-threatening way.

Which is why the Republicans have to keep reminding everyone of your essential Blackitude and scariliciousness. It's subtle, man. Under the radar, sub rosa, float like a butterfly sting like a bee .... BAM!!! That's what makes you dangerous. You're a dangerous black man, with an Ivy League education. You use words like numchuks.

Boo!

For an ostensibly post-racial candidate raised by a white mother white grandparents (mind you, this is the half of the parental equation these are the only people in Barack Obama's life who actually cared enough to stick around and make sure he was fed, clothed, and received an education) Obama sure spends a lot of time talking about being black. It's almost as though he were trying to convince himself - or us - of his street creds. I don't get it.

Oh well. Congratulations Senator. You just joined Cynthia McKinney on my list of people whose arrogant sense of entitlement only serves to deepen the painful divisions this country is already struggling with.

Here's your card:

racecard.jpg

Obama: healing racial and partisan divides by accusing his opponents before they attack him!

Posted by Cassandra at June 21, 2008 06:03 AM

Comments

akkkkkkkk, our first woman president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KILL ME. Really Im dying over here.

Skirt sounds lovelyh BTW. Maybe I'll wear my denim skort today, in tribute to the pink one.

Posted by: Jane at June 21, 2008 09:08 AM

Yes, well it has taken me a very long time to confront the Ugly Truth: as a person who was not raised in a multicultural environment I cannot look at Barack Obama without subconsciously seeing a cop killing gansta rapper (you know, something on the order of John Forbes Kerry). It's the tragic legacy of a lifetime of unearned white privilege. The menace just oozes from every polysyllabic word he utters in that mellifluous voice of his.

Perhaps therapy will help.

Posted by: Cass at June 21, 2008 09:32 AM

@#$%&*!!!

It's not his "blacklatude" that scares me, it's the fact that he's a c-o-m-m-u-n-i-s-t. What's so freakin' hard to understand. I'm so worked up I'm going to have to do a post on this myself.

You know he's only saying this to try to inhibit any attempts on the Republican side to bring up his commie/radical/terrorist connections, and he's trying to prepare his side for it.

Posted by: Nice Deb at June 21, 2008 10:35 AM

Wha?? Wha??? Barack Obama is black???

Until he brought it up, I just thought he was supremely unqualified to be a US Senator, let alone the President of the US, based on his thin resume!

Posted by: MathMom at June 21, 2008 11:12 AM

Cassandra this is such a great post!!! you should not be able to sleep more often! :)

lmao at first woman president and oh i want that skirt!

Posted by: zoey at June 21, 2008 11:19 AM

Alisha Keyes, Halle Berry, Barrak Obama.
All raised by white mothers. All "Marketing Black".

Why? Because it matters to Black Racists. And the Liberal White Racists. And not at all to Conservatives. There is no down side.

Posted by: Don Meaker at June 21, 2008 12:38 PM

Yeah, it's true, not only does BO scare me, but most of the Demo... Socialis... Progressive party scares me. I think they and the rest of us would be happier if they relocated to some little social paradise like Venezuela, Cuba, or Russia.

Ok, I'll also admit that the first woman POTUS remark created a little flash of imagery with BO speaking to the nation during a crisis, warning our enemies not to transgress, while attired in 4" black stilettos and a little black evening dress. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if the sheath fits... HA!

Yep, that's going to have me sleeping with Model 19 under the pillow for a while. =8^}

Posted by: bthun at June 21, 2008 12:46 PM

In all fairness if you are half black, odds are that when the world looks at you they don't see a white person. They probably see either a mixed race person or a black person, depending on how the genetic dice roll went.

The question is: what effect does that have?

I think the answer is probably a function of two things - other people's attitudes and your own. You can't do much about other people's attitudes: they're fixed. It's only your own that you can control, and how you treat and interact with others does affect the way they treat and interact with you.

I don't have a problem with someone of mixed race deciding they feel more comfortable with their 'black side' than their white side. Philosophically, I wish people would get beyond that, but it isn't on me to tell someone else how to live their life especially when I haven't walked in their shoes.

What I do have a problem with (and this is why what Obama is doing bugs me so much) is when someone runs for political office on the premise that he is somehow going to unite America, when he chides others for being divisive about racial matters and then betrays everything he claims to be about by accusing his opponents -- in advance, mind you! - of racist statements they haven't made yet.

Posted by: Cassandra at June 21, 2008 12:57 PM

"and then betrays everything he claims to be about by accusing his opponents -- in advance, mind you! - of racist statements they haven't made yet."
M'lady,

If I said that this surprised me, I would be lying. But then I've lived in the same state as Comrade Cynthia McKinney for a number of years now. That means that I've seen or read of almost every opportunistic and a few arguably insane moves by Cynthia and daddy Billy over the years. Many which did not receive much in the way of national news coverage. Like when Billy punched a cop, or threatened to cut a Ga. State Senator, or his endless antisemitic spewage. This is nothing new in my estimation... Well, maybe only BO's posturing that he's above it all.

I may be quite a bit more jaded in my expectations of those seeking political office. Those who use whatever means are available to them to target any potential, dare I say bitter, voter pool swayed by the sound bite.

If your policies can't stand close scrutiny, or you're hoping to avoid a discussion of your public history, much less private history, along with any paper trail that will provide insight into your character or a high probability of your future direction, pick an emotional, hot-button issue guaranteed to shut down rational examinations of policy issues. No matter the damage to relations among all US citizens, many of whom could not be less concerned with a candidates race or sex as opposed to their policies... Just win baby!

It's a very dirty business.

Posted by: bthun at June 21, 2008 02:11 PM

Cassandra, it's been clear to me that Obama's been playing the race card since he was a small child. His liberal mother and grandparents would give him a pass because of their racial guilt.

I believe that he found that he could manipulate them. And he's been doing it all his life to everyone.

Posted by: AmishDude at June 21, 2008 02:25 PM

You must be kidding? The racist is innuendo and statements are already underway by the Republican party supporters. Last week, Fox News ran with the headline "Outraged Liberals: Stop Picking on Obama's Baby Mama!" to the Texas Republican Convention's latest button. Nothing racist about that, huh?

Or how about conservative columist Cal Thomas' charge that all black women are angry. Why he even mentions the same black woman (Ms. McKinney) in a comment about Obama that you reference.

You may not hear a direct slur about Obama from McCain but the republican party is over all over it, um, shall we say "like white on rice'

You might want to expand your RSS feed before you start making such obviously refutable statemnets

Posted by: alessi at June 21, 2008 03:04 PM

Kind of stupid, isn't it?

I guess if the standard is, "blame the Repubican Party if any idiot, anywhere, says anything stupid during the entire campaign", then you have a real point there, alessi.

Wow. I am duly refuted.

Posted by: Cass, at June 21, 2008 03:21 PM

Oh, and by the way, the transcendent idiocy of "did I mention he's black" just surpasses even the standard of some of his previous utterances.

Gosh, Barry.

Before you mentioned it, no one had noticed.

Posted by: Cass, at June 21, 2008 03:23 PM

Google is your friend:

Posted by: AmishDude at June 21, 2008 03:26 PM

I suppose that having no public proclamations nor even any tingly-leg admissions for BO means that Fox News is in the bag for the GOP...

And I need to submit a correction to my previous comment on the McKinney clan which I made based on my memory. Cynthia punched the cop and Billy allegedly punched a gay activist circa 1993 and assaulted a poll worker around the 2000 elections among so many of his other public relations milestones.

It's so hard to keep all of their political efforts and accomplishments to move the state and nation forward straight without taking(wasting) the time to look it up.

Posted by: bthun at June 21, 2008 03:43 PM

Whitey-Obama associates with honkey terrorists and unrepentant communist crackers. The erstatz negro, Barry (street name Barack after how the Asian kids in Hawaii sounded when they noted his color: "He's br-rack."), snuggles up to the fiery hatred of religious and leftist crazies to gain his RacePass (tm). You don't have to be remotely racist for The Great O to be self-sanctified in his use of his RacePass (tm), he just needs for you to be sufficiently beaten into submission with it for him, his Chicago crew, and his cult to gain The Presidency. Then the real beat-down of America will begin.

The Democrats have told voters every election to live in fear. The Republicans are always advertised as "comin' for the chil'ren n' da' ole folks!". BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID, and we, the Democrats, will make those evil racist Rethuglicans cough up arugula for you. In my 60+ years, I've never read of any major candidate for President who was more anti-Constitution than this mouthful of hope and change. I'm afraid he may be able to fool enough people with his lies to survive through November. Voters have a preference for an easy lie over a difficult truth. Hope and change is an easy lie, especially when the change is expected to be laid on somebody else.

If you'll notice the relative sizes, I think Barry can (and does) wear Michelle's clothes when she wants to be Ken (or Mandingo?) to his Barbie. Heh, he is a white girl, after all.

Time to suspend reality. Pass the booze. Dangerous days ahead for America and the world.

Posted by: twolaneflash at June 21, 2008 03:44 PM

alessi:

The most interesting thing about this campaign (and maybe the most positive) is going to be that it drags an awful lot of stuff out into the open.

Not all of it is going to be pleasant.

And a lot of it is going to point up some pretty dumb double standards. For instance, why is it that it's OK for black activists to constantly talk about how all blacks are secretly "seething with rage" over white racism, we're just too blind to see it, but when Cal Thomas says "all black women are angry" (which strikes me as about as monumentally asinine as saying that all blacks are seething with rage) he's a racist?

Didn't he just notice what the black activists keep telling him to notice? Doesn't he get "racial sensitivity credits" or something for being a swell guy? Of course not, because it's only OK to notice this stuff when the race mongers say it's OK to notice it.

Sheesh.

Michelle Obama herself has talked about being angry over racism. Yet if you call her angry, you're bad. What gives? Are you not supposed to listen to her? Me, I just ignore her b/c whatever you do will be wrong, and that is very sad.

Posted by: Cass, at June 21, 2008 04:01 PM

PEEPUL, what ARE you talking about? Don't you remember the time Cindy McCain said on morning talk, "White America is going to wake up and get it"? And what about the time that McCain felt compelled to join a church on the basis of its inspiring Aryan supremacist message, "Black folks' greed drives a world in need"?

My doctor says I have a problem with projection, but of course he's wrong; I can do slideshows and movies just fine.

Posted by: arhooley at June 21, 2008 04:08 PM

"raised by a white mother (mind you, this is the half of the parental equation which actually cared enough to stick around and make sure he was fed, clothed, and received an education)"

I understand that he was pretty much raised by his grandparents.

Posted by: Stan/Tx at June 21, 2008 06:50 PM

"I understand that he was pretty much raised by his grandparents."
A thumbnail sketch, according to Janny Scott in the International Herald Tribune - The Global Edition of the NYT... FWIW.

Posted by: bthun at June 21, 2008 07:17 PM

Thanks,
Unconventional childhood to say the least. The mother's family cared and supported him. That is good.
Regards,

Posted by: Stan/Tx at June 21, 2008 08:05 PM

I always thought 'neuf de pap' was something my wife got checked for at the gynecologist.

Back to the subject at hand, Obama can be as pretentious on the subject of race as the French are in matters of wine.

Posted by: vet66 at June 21, 2008 09:22 PM

Speaking of wine, you may not be drinking enough if you keep getting up in the middle of the night to worry about BHO and electoral denouement of November 2008.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at June 22, 2008 12:10 AM

(mind you, [the white half] is the half of the parental equation which actually cared enough to stick around and make sure he was fed, clothed, and received an education)

One could properly view your comments are racist.

Posted by: You are a racist at June 22, 2008 02:34 AM

It sure looks like the Progressives are really into the fear thing. They accuse us of Islamophobia and a whole bunch of other phobias when there's really little or no fear involved.

Well, except spiders.

And snakes.

As an aside, "Chateauneuf de Pape" really means "New House of the Pope". In the delightful European manner, "new" means it was built in the early 1300s. And it was really a castle. You can't expect a Pope to live in a 3-bedroom bungalow.]

Posted by: ZZMike at June 22, 2008 02:48 AM

Obama is black? Oh the horror! The fear! Oh wait, that would be the lack of qualifications, taking credit for other people's work, and general inability to function as Commander In Chief.
He's a fast learner you say? When did the position of POTUS become one for on the job training?

Did I mention he's black?

If you mention Obama is black (before he does) you might be a racist.

Posted by: candymarl at June 22, 2008 04:23 AM

I'll let the last few comments yesterday speak further to mine.

Thank God that it's Cindy McCain who has the substance abuse problem and who was charged with stealing drugs, and not the black candidate's spouse who grew up on the South side of Chicago.

One less stereotype for ya'll to embrace.

Posted by: alessi at June 22, 2008 08:47 AM

Why should I be afraid of "white trash"?

What, you ask? Well. . . is the glass half empty, or half full?

Posted by: 'Uigi at June 22, 2008 09:38 AM

One could properly view your comments are racist.

On what grounds?

Posted by: Cass, at June 22, 2008 09:43 AM

Cassandra writes:How does either of those idiotic statements (neither of which, by the way, came from the Republican Party - which was what Obama said was going to happen) "warn voters that Obama is black" or that they should "fear him"?

If you read Obama's words [the one's you quote], you'll find that he did not limit the attacks to the Republican Party but rather to "Republicans" Reading is fundamental, n'est–ce pas?

Posted by: No Quarter at June 22, 2008 09:51 AM

Don:

Obama was more of a distraction :p

And alessi, why not knock the giant chip off your shoulder? If you'd bothered to read my comment, you'd have seen that I said I thought it was stupid to generalize about blacks (gosh... might one reasonably infer from my comment that I think broad brush generalizations are kind of dumb, regardless of the political orientation of the speaker?)

I don't write about Michelle Obama. She is annoying and she has definitely put herself out there, but I've pretty much left her alone.

I don't feel compelled to root out and condemn every dumb thing some righty twit says, just as progressives shouldn't have to reflexively condemn everything some lefty twit says. Both sides have their idiots. If something is pointed out to me, I'll opine (and I did - I said the remarks were dumb). But they weren't made by party representatives or candidates for office. That places them in a different category because I'm not being asked to vote for these people.

If Cal Thomas asks for my vote, his columns may start to merit scrutiny. As it is, I've never quoted him, nor do I even read him so he wasn't on my radar screen. He may be a good columnist - I don't know. I wasn't really aware of him. It seems as though you're going out of your way to find fairly obscure examples to "prove" some sort of conspiracy on the part of Republicans as a whole, using one or two incidents that are kind of out there.

I can point to actual quotes by Obama's campaign (and even by Obama himself) regarding Hillary that were sexist. Huge difference. But hey - that was just hunky dory with the media - no one called them on their blatant sexism. I guess it's OK to compare a female candidate who has the temerity to run against Barack to a psychotic ex-lover in a movie, or imply that she is emotionally disturbed and hormonal.

Nice. Because, you know, that's how women act :p

And to keep this in perspective, this isn't people the Obama campaign couldn't control. This is Obama himself and his spokesmen - people he hired to represent him.

Posted by: Cass, at June 22, 2008 09:59 AM

And I would argue that, as Obama learned to his sorrow after the AIPAC speech, everyone knows what Obama meant by "Republicans" - it's a "code word" for the Republican Party establishment, i.e., the Republican Party.

If you take that statement as anything else, it makes him look like a paranoid delusional. Is he seriously complaining about what ANY Republican on the street is going to say about him? About Joe SixPack who lives down the street from you?.

Wow. Nice way to unite America, Barry. You're really bringing us all together.

Posted by: Cass, at June 22, 2008 10:03 AM

And that was a bit of an exaggeration to say "no one" called them on their sexism. Some did. But the media hasn't paid the same amount of attention to the overt sexism that was aimed at Hillary that they have to what they're afraid will be aimed at Obama.

And that was my point.

Posted by: Cass, at June 22, 2008 10:06 AM

Obama knows that no mainstream or reputable Republican organization is going to make an issue of his race. His statements are really about linking other concerns about him to race: his youth; his inexperience; his views on socializing whatever; his wife's views; other players to be named later. His position is that attacking him on any of those issues (or presumably any issue at all) is equivalent to attacking him because he's black.

This is the same argument made by Andrew Greeley who argues that racism could lurk behind *every* concern about Obama as President. Greeley goes further than Obama, apparently equating, for example, being concerned about Obama's youth and lack of substance with believing Obama is Muslim and possibly the anti-Christ.

This whole train of thought sounds like a stretch to me. After all, believing everyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist would be like believing everyone who didn't vote for Hillary Clinton was a sexist. And we *know* that couldn't possibly be true.

The Greeley link is: http://www.suntimes.com/news/greeley/998572,CST-EDT-greel11.article

Posted by: EliseK at June 22, 2008 08:35 PM

I understand that he was pretty much raised by his grandparents.
____________________________________________

Clarence Thomas was raised by his grandfather and step-grandmother. It seemed to work for him. He was a radical as a youngster, to be sure, but he eventually saw the light.

Pity not so yet for Obama.

Posted by: KJ at June 22, 2008 11:26 PM

"For an ostensibly post-racial candidate raised by a white mother (mind you, this is the half of the parental equation which actually cared enough to stick around and make sure he was fed, clothed, and received an education) Barack Obama sure spends a lot of time talking about being black. It's almost as though he were trying to convince himself - or us - of his street creds. I don't get it."

Oh, I think you "get it", all right...perfectly.

Unlike (e.g.) so many others, some of whom have even posted comments on this very thread...

Posted by: camojack at June 23, 2008 12:40 AM

Thanks, KJ.

I've already been corrected on that score. I haven't been around this weekend to look anything up.

Apparently he lived with his mother and her 2nd husband in Indonesia for several years after she and his father split up. When he was about 6, he was sent back to Hawaii where he was then raised by his grandparents.

Posted by: Cass, at June 23, 2008 04:44 AM

"Obama knows that no mainstream or reputable Republican organization is going to make an issue of his race."

That's it in nutshell. The only way for race to really be an issue is if Obama makes it an issue. No one else will, because it's not really an issue for Republicans.

and for "You are Racist"

One could properly view your comments are racist.

Posted by: Samantha West at June 23, 2008 08:10 AM

...if you can't find it [racism], you can always manufacture it.

That's the one thing we still *can* around here. But it's essentially useless -- except in demagogues' manufactured issues.

So, the two things we can still manufacture are racism, manufactured issues and demagogues.

Three. The three things...

Posted by: BillT at June 23, 2008 11:05 AM

"You are a racist" said: One could properly view your comments are racist.

Samantha West said: No, one could not... well only if you were looking for racism in the first place, and if you can't find it, you can always manufacture it.

Good on you, Samantha. The statement referred to by "You are a racist" is actually factual. Facts are neutral. How you can get racism from mention of the fact that he was raised by his white relatives shows that you could find racism in the fact that the night is dark. If the mother had left, and the father stayed, would it be a racist statement to say that he was raised by his black father, the half of the parental equation that hung around, etc?

Posted by: MathMom at June 23, 2008 11:31 AM

"The statement referred to by "You are a racist" is actually factual. "
The loyal opposition don't need no stinkin' factual when they can hurl baseless accusation and add substantively -HA!- to the conversation with invective like twitterpated's email address.

To paraphrase Sun Tzu or was it Vince Lombardi, the best defense against those who would question character, ideas or policy is a good offense, such as calling all who question or disagree with you a racist.

And the word of the day for twitterpated is,
racism

Main Entry:

rac·ism Listen to the pronunciation of racism

Pronunciation:
\ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

Function:
noun

Date:
1933

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

rac·ist Listen to the pronunciation of racist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective

Neither of which seems to hit the mark concerning those of us who are concerning by his lack of executive leadership experience, his uber-liberal voting record, or his stated positions versus his actions. IOW his integrity and where he might want to lead the nation, should he win in November. None of which have a thing to do with the color of the man.

Posted by: bthun at June 23, 2008 01:12 PM

Three. The three things we can still manufacture are racism, manufactured issues and demagogues. And twitterpates who are enamored of all three.

Okay, four...

Posted by: BillT at June 23, 2008 02:59 PM

You guys can always get a laugh out of me :)

Thanks.

Posted by: Cass, at June 23, 2008 03:01 PM

Yup, twitterpates without a discerning bone... er, ahh, make that a discerning ounce of fiber in their body, WRT to whom they offer a sexual liaison.

And did I mention not with a ten foot pole, or the horse on which twitterpated rode in?

So, does a demagoguing, race baiting, issue avoiding, sexually promiscuous, equestrian twitterpate make five?

Posted by: bt_lost-count_hun at June 23, 2008 03:20 PM

No, that pretty much describes the average twitterpate.

*whap!* Ow!

Okay, scratch "equestrian"...

Posted by: BillT at June 23, 2008 03:41 PM

BTW, Cass -- did you prefer the Benatar version over the Mellencamp?

Posted by: BillT at June 23, 2008 03:43 PM

You can get a long way by scratching an equestrian, but if you really want a friend, scratch the equus.

Posted by: Grim at June 23, 2008 03:46 PM

NO, no, no! Geez, why do I always haf'ta set y'all straight on this? It's whip an equestrian....then comes the mazola and visqueen -- at least that's what Mistress Mandy would say.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 23, 2008 05:02 PM

Now you're playing my song...

Posted by: Indiana Jones at June 23, 2008 05:32 PM

I'll scratch my own equus, when necessary, but that is the extent of it!

Posted by: bthun at June 23, 2008 06:38 PM

"Now you're playing my song..."

Then, would you care to dance?

0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at June 23, 2008 06:46 PM

Funny, Sean Hannity does exactly what Obama states the opposition will do...every night. States his middle name constantly.....mentions the faux madrassa story, shows the obligatory Wright clip, gets Dick Morris to chime in every other show. O'Reilly as well. And then little Edie gets fired for talking about the "terrorist fist jab". Is this not what he is talking about? Even CNN repeats and reports these things nightly.

So now that we are on the subject of simpering and taking refuge behind a persona, let's talk about "I was in a prisoner of war camp" which is posed every sentence. I like John McCain, but they both are doing what they feel will help them get elected. McCain attempts to play Reagan....Obama attempts the more ethnic JFK. That is fine. What is bothersome is the aiding and abetting by media outlets supportive of one or the other. MSNBC is clearly going for Barack. To date, mainly because he became nominee early, McCain is getting a free ride. Now that Obama is the Dem, most outlets, except Fox and CNN, give him a pass. The only reason CNN is hard on Obama as compared to McCain is to try and match Fox News ratings. It is all absurd. The final call will be relative to the Iraq War.

Posted by: Miguel at June 26, 2008 12:00 AM

And lookie lookie...the Republican racism cards are coming out in...ummm...spades. Obama knew they'd get there eventually and they did. I only hope that THEIR scare tactics are too late and too much to stop him from making it across the finish line to the White House.

Posted by: Patty at October 12, 2008 12:52 PM

Do you think we'll ever see an age of high heels for men again? I'm sure you know heels were originally designed for men... Isn't it funny?

Posted by: High Heels at June 26, 2014 11:20 PM