« No Mas, Senator | Main | *groan* »

June 23, 2008

Oh No... No We Can't

The Editorial Staff apologizes for the lame blogging, but we are hiding out in an undisclosed location, desperately trying to recover from the shock of this weekend's bombshell revelation.

Sadly, no sooner had we left than Attila tore down the drapes and made some sort of toga-like thingy out of them. Gotta keep an eye on those California girls. Always starting something.

blck.jpg

Damned hard to demonize and oppresse the downtrodden masses when they insist on keeping this sort of thing secret, you know.

Heh... it's turned into a Coalition of the Shocked:

Zoey
Fausta
Sister Toldjah
Nice Deb

I'm sure I'm missing someone. Oh well, they'll let me know.

Posted by Cassandra at June 23, 2008 04:22 PM

Comments

"The West Coast has the sunshine,
And the girls all get so tanned
[that it's never clear which ones of us are you-know-what and which aren't];
I dig a French bikini on Hawaii Island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand {though Hawaii is way too humid, of course].

I been all around this great big world,
And I seen all kinds of girls.
Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back to the States--
Back to the cutest girls in the world [who are so naughty that they mention race all over the place].

I wish they all could be California,
I wish they all could be California,
I wish they all could be California girls [if they would only learn to keep their mouths shut]."

Posted by: Joy McCann at June 23, 2008 07:49 PM

This should be Obama's theme song:

Posted by: nice deb at June 23, 2008 09:27 PM

Where does one register for a race card?

Posted by: camojack at June 24, 2008 01:32 AM

Now Joy.

It is time to have a national dialog on race. And it must be a frank and honest dialog ... in which one side gets to express its pent up anger but the other side is not allowed to talk about or notice that anger :p

This is the kind of thing that is bothering me. I think a lot of people - on both sides - genuinely may have some pretty ugly feelings bottled up.

I don't think we need to drag everything out into the open, but I do think we - as a society - need to discuss the ground rules for getting along with each other, especially if they are (and increasingly they seem to be) based on some ludicrous tendency to distort things.

I heard something on the news last night that just floored me. An anchor was talking about Robert Mugabe's reign of terror and she described the problem thusly:

"The people are starving b/c the land is not being farmed by competent black farmers but by Robert Mugabe's henchmen"

...and I sat there waiting for the other shoe to drop...

...and it never did.

Whether the land produces food has nothing to do with the race of the farmers. It produced food when it was still under the control of white colonists. But there was (all over Africa) a demand for 'racial justice' and so the land was seized and returned to Africans, who in many cases have ended up being far more brutal despots than the European colonists who were just ousted.

All of which just goes to show you that it isn't the skin color of the rulers that is the problem.

But why did the anchor feel it necessary to say that the problem was that the land wasn't being farmed by competent black farmers, yet mysteriously, Mugabe's thugs had no identifiable skin color?

Bizarre. Just bizarre. Must have contradicted the narrative.

Posted by: Cassandra at June 24, 2008 09:02 AM

Barack told everybody he's black?!

There goes our October Surprise... :(

Posted by: Steve at June 24, 2008 10:49 AM

Hey, there's still an October Revolution.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at June 24, 2008 06:53 PM