« Violent Video Games Only Good When They Depict Amorality, Random Violence | Main | Tuesday Night Tune »

July 28, 2008

Sacre Bleu!!!

The Blog Princess has been interviewed here, by Kat at Moms in the Right - a new site for conservative Moms that Kat describes thusly:

We are a voice for conservative and Republican Moms and their families. We write about the issues that affect us and our families in the hope to effect positive and conservative change in The United States.

You can read Kat's first interview (herself!) here. Seriously, I think this is a great idea. I wish I'd had half her smarts when I was a young mother.

You are cordially invited to check out my 15 minutes of fame :p

Posted by Cassandra at July 28, 2008 09:42 AM

Comments

That was an interesting interview to read. I particularly liked your parenting technique of a gentle bite to teach your 3 year old that biting hurts. We rescue wolf hybrids and that's exactly what we've observed when watching our adults interact with pups. It's their way of teaching bite inhibition.

Posted by: Jeffrey at July 28, 2008 10:46 AM

Yeah, unless you get a boy like mine, who is fearless. Then he takes it as a challenge. "Oh yeah? Try this one on, daddy!"

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 12:15 PM

OK, I guess the whole animal paradigm falls apart at a certain point.

Posted by: Jeffrey at July 28, 2008 12:45 PM

Your fame only lasted about 7 minutes with me. But then I read fast.

Posted by: Pile On at July 28, 2008 02:02 PM

Can I have your autograph? :) and yes I'm back from my mini adventure in Central Asia!

Posted by: Frodo at July 28, 2008 04:17 PM

Heh.

I was so distracted when I answered the interview questions. I have wanted to do interviews here for ages - I even made a graphic for this weekly interview series I was planning last year.

Maybe I will do it. It was going to be called "Blogtails". I even had a few interviewees lined up!

Welcome back, Frodo!

Posted by: Cassandra at July 28, 2008 05:13 PM

No as fast as me, Pile: 1 minutes 43 seconds.
She said something about Queen Elizabeth, but I forget about which one or what.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 28, 2008 06:25 PM

She interviewed me once. And then deleted it. :)

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 06:28 PM

Oh great... Since her fame has endured since I began reading VC, I suppose I'd better re-up for another pass through the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Readin' Course.

After I complete my Norm Crosby Edition of The Toastmasters International correspondence course, of course.

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at July 28, 2008 06:50 PM

Yeah, Frodo, where the hell have you been? Travelling with Obama again?

Posted by: spd rdr at July 28, 2008 06:51 PM

Spd_rdr - just wanted to make sure you rcvd my email.

Posted by: Jeffrey at July 28, 2008 08:07 PM

Um, sure, Jeff. I'll check and get back to you off-line.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 28, 2008 08:14 PM

spd ~ it's not always about the spd. Sometimes is about the cmprhnsn too.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at July 28, 2008 08:16 PM

That's OK :) I don't think I make a very interesting interviewee.

Grim's, on the other hand, was very well received. I received a lot of mail about it. That's why I thought you all might enjoy an interview series :p The trick is to pick interesting people.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 28, 2008 08:40 PM

And I didn't just delete your interview, Grim.

I deleted all my old posts. There were a lot ones I really liked in there, but I wasn't coming back.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 28, 2008 08:41 PM

That's all right, Cass. If you ever want them, most of them are right here.

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 09:08 PM

(...and there goes her productivity for the next three days. Revenge is sweet. :)

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 09:21 PM

Which one of those contains your interview, Grim? I'd like to read it.

Posted by: Jeffrey at July 28, 2008 09:22 PM

It was on Independence Day one year, but I forget which; so if it's there, it'd be in the July archives of one of the years. It's not worth reading, really. I just like to give her a hard time about it. I think the only interesting thing in it was that I like dogs.

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 09:41 PM

A bit of a drug, isn't it, blogging? You think you're alright, you can quit anytime, but then the urge returns and you can't help yourself...

but see? I only blog when I feel like it - look, more than a week without a post!

Reading up the interview now, as Attila suggested I should...

Posted by: Gregory at July 28, 2008 09:54 PM

spd ~ it's not always about the spd. Sometimes is about the cmprhnsn too.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at July 28, 2008 08:16 PM

Tell me about it. I've got eighteen daughters.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 28, 2008 10:00 PM

fun reading cassandra!

Posted by: zoey at July 28, 2008 10:04 PM

Heh. I can't believe it has been such a long time, guys :)

Posted by: Cassandra at July 28, 2008 10:22 PM

Wow. That was, like, way back before Pile On was even funny!

Wait....

Posted by: spd rdr at July 28, 2008 10:33 PM

Well duh spd. That was before I invented funny.

Posted by: Pile On at July 28, 2008 10:47 PM

When were you planning on doing that?

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 10:48 PM

....And spd rdr had even fewer vowels!!

And AFE was still married! :)

I was a moron then, and now...just a dunderhead.

Tme marches on.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at July 28, 2008 10:48 PM

Heh. I know, Don. You have been Don Brouhaha for so long now that it took me a while a few weeks ago to remember who you used to be :p

Good times, no es verdad?

Posted by: Chinese Jewish Mexican-American Lawn Chica at July 28, 2008 10:52 PM

Do you suppose it is likely that I am the only person who has not seen any of the LOTR movies?

Posted by: Pile On at July 28, 2008 11:03 PM

Possibly. I saw the first one because, having paid for it, I figured I ought to soak up the hate. I haven't seen any of the others, though.

Posted by: Grim at July 28, 2008 11:07 PM

In 2003, I was still non-cognizant of the impact of air support on infantry logistics and battle field force multipliers.

I never went to a theater to see them. And I only saw them like, a long time after they released them in theaters.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at July 28, 2008 11:09 PM

The books were better in terms of suspense and what not.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at July 28, 2008 11:09 PM

The books were real page-turners!

The movies, not so much. :)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at July 28, 2008 11:40 PM

Then I must be a real LOTR movie nerd... I own all three extended editions, and my sisters gave them the LOTR Trivial Pursuit as a sort of gag gift that Christmas the third movie came out... I did read the books, too, before I saw the movies...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at July 28, 2008 11:48 PM

gave me... not a clue what I was thinking as I typed...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at July 28, 2008 11:49 PM

Then I must be a real LOTR movie nerd.

Not necessarily. A lot of LOTR readers are also cult fanatics about it. So, they would be excited over the movies. But I'm not, cause I didn't grow up with LOTR.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at July 29, 2008 12:02 AM

No, you're not the only one, Pile. I've not seen them. Nor do I plan to. However, I've read the books. Many times.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at July 29, 2008 01:25 AM

They weren't as good as the books, but they weren't bad either.

You just have to let go of the books and watch them for what they are: movies. If you sit there the whole time freaking about everything they changed from the books (which I tend to do when a book I enjoyed is made into a movie) they're not worth seeing. But Jackson actually did a fairly good job of translating them to the screen.

I could recite entire portions of the books - I know them that well. But they were awfully long to make into a movie that was completely faithful. The most annoying thing was Frodo's emoting (if I'd had to see that pleading expression one more time, I think I would have thrown a large heavy object at the TV) but the actor who played him did a good job too. I think the camera work and directing there was a bit over the top :p

Posted by: Cassandra at July 29, 2008 02:07 AM

spd rdr - "Yeah, Frodo, where the hell have you been? Travelling with Obama again?"

If only, he gives me hope for undefined change ... but alas every time he is around I faint.

Cass - "Some of you who have been around a long time may get a kick out of this (Frodo!):"

Are you calling me old?

Cass - "The most annoying thing was Frodo's emoting"

Well thats nice .. lets see you try to handle being chased Orcs, Nazgul, Gollum, Trolls and insanely large spiders without stopping occasionally to ponder the meaning of it all.

Posted by: Frodo at July 29, 2008 08:02 AM

Travelling with Obama again?

So, does this mean Frodo can title his book, "There And Back Again?"

Posted by: BillT at July 29, 2008 08:14 AM

Nope. Although some have opined that I'm not a real person.

Or was that not really a person?

Ummmm -- waitaminnit. My knuckles are caught under an MRAP...

Posted by: BillT at July 29, 2008 08:20 AM

How about "The Story of O"?

Or has that been done already? :)

"Barack to the Future"? Too eighties!

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at July 29, 2008 08:37 AM

I'll do it.

God help y'all.

Posted by: Not Him at July 29, 2008 08:34 PM

Gah! Who WAS Don Brouhaha before? I'm drawing a blank. Which is dramatically opposed to shooting blanks I might add.

I hate this whole being senile thing! ;-)

And I'm still waiting for Pile to invent funny. And spd to get a real car. And Cassie to quit.... uh no.... come back.... no.... quit.... wait a minute.... come back.... aw hell, never mind! :-o

Posted by: JHD at July 30, 2008 10:47 AM

Instamoron.

Posted by: Cass at July 30, 2008 10:57 AM

AHA! Gee, you think there were enough clues that I should've figgered that one out myself?

*sadly shakes head as he walks slumped shouldered into the growing gloom*

Posted by: JHD at July 30, 2008 11:00 AM

Pile was devastating funny at Scrappleface, and that was a tough crowd to compete with b/c everyone was funny back then.

Posted by: Cass at July 30, 2008 11:00 AM

compete with b/c everyone was funny back then.

That was too funny. The nostalgia about "funny"? Ha.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at July 30, 2008 02:52 PM

Both bachelors. Bilbo brings Frodo in to live with him. Bilbo's great 'friend' is Gandalf. Hmm. And when he decides to leave The Shire, he goes to live with long haired, pretty-boy elves.

As for Frodo, well, doesn't stop Sam from kissing his hand, now, does he? And being Gollum's 'Master'?

Posted by: Gregory at July 31, 2008 03:16 AM

"In reference to LOTR and Emo Frodo... did anybody else get the idea that both Bilbo and Frodo were, well, 'lads'?"
Whoa! Whoa I say!

Next you're gonna be outing the Teletubbies! Have you no sense of propriety? If not for us,
wait for it

For The Children™.

Posted by: Barney's Frank at August 1, 2008 12:37 AM

Eep. Let us nevermore speak of the sheer evil that is the Tellystubbies. Nor that purple miasmic dinosaur that no doubt you are named after, Herr Frank.

As to spd rdr (vaguely drow-ish, that), he of the 18 daughters fame, tell me, are there any non-jailbait (or barely, none too fussed) daughters of yours who might have a preference for a nearly 30-y/o man of Chinese ethnicity? And none too fussed about weight?

18 daughters. Oy vey. You deserve a Pur... well, some-coloured Heart anyways, should you survive their puberties.

Posted by: Gregory at August 1, 2008 06:07 AM