« Important New Study | Main | Tony Snow's Amazing Grace »

July 13, 2008

Tony Snow

I haven't been able to write about him. I don't think I will be able to.

But this is the best thing I've seen yet.

Posted by Cassandra at July 13, 2008 02:17 PM

Comments

Knowing of the gentleman only as well as one can know a person one reads of and sees in the media, I would say that a very fine young man has passed from us and we will be the poorer for it. He always fought the good fight both personally and professionally. A sterling example of the meaning of the phrase, a class act.

We should be able to learn much from his example, including, as mentioned in an article linked in the previous post, that we should always remember to enjoy every sandwich...

RIP Tony Snow.

Posted by: bthun at July 13, 2008 02:55 PM

Write about him? I can barely read about him. Wish I knew exactly why the whole thing moves me so much. I expect because I haven't been watching much news lately (small toddler running around under foot) and it was so unexpected, when I thought he was doing better. Shows how much I keep up with things.

Posted by: Kimberly at July 13, 2008 05:38 PM

Have you ever been to a funeral where you know the eulogy is out of a can and no one believes a word?

Right now there are thousands of people who could write and deliver heartfelt eulogies for Tony and everyone would know every word was sincere.

He seemed like the kind of guy I would like to have for a neighbor. I feel terrible for his kids but they did get a good dad while they had him and they can be proud of his legacy.

Posted by: Pile On at July 13, 2008 06:12 PM

You can find videos of just a few of those thousand here:

And check out the bio that FOX put together, too.

Posted by: FbL at July 13, 2008 06:52 PM

Here's another amazing tribute--from a woman who was his total opposite, politically speaking: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381304,00.html

Posted by: FbL at July 13, 2008 11:22 PM

I can't write about him and reading about him brings tears to my eyes. All I can do is pray for his family and friends.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at July 14, 2008 12:47 AM

One never knows when the last day will come; consequently, we should all strive to make the best of the days that we do have.

Posted by: camojack at July 14, 2008 03:34 AM

It says something about a man when people write and speak their memories of him rather than of his accomplishments. It says even more when the memories come so easily...

Posted by: BillT at July 14, 2008 07:25 AM

Fitting that you should link to Juan's tribute Cassie. Those two had some epic arguments and debates over every kind of media known. Truly exceptional well thought out debates that at times would get heated. But at the end of the day it was the man that mattered. "Our" Tony Snow indeed!

Tony has always held a special place with me. He was the epitome of how we should treat one another in the politcal realm and in life. Grim's base rule at his site comes to mind, "Be civil to the man but hell on his ideas"! That pretty much sums up what I think about Tony.

God how he will be missed! I can picture him now arguing with Peter at The Gates.

And winning the argument! :-)

Fair Winds Tony Snow!

Posted by: JHD at July 14, 2008 09:51 AM

Beautifully said, JHD! I did write about him, but not the personal and more profound aspects of his life. I don't feel up to the task. He was a good man... beloved by all who knew him, and a brilliant example to the rest of us who didn't.

Posted by: FbL at July 14, 2008 02:54 PM

He seemed like a heck of nice and good guy based on his "persona." He was on air enough to know that if it were a fake, he would have revealed it at least a litte from time to time. He never cracked, and thus I think he was as cool as he appeared (unlike say a certain Irish guy with big ratings or a certain former sports guy with smaller ratings).

He will be missed.