« Rantings of a Cranky Marine Wife | Main | The Obama Salute Caption Contest »

August 07, 2008

Ante Up-The Race Card Is Wild

Was the McCain ad featuring Paris Hilton and Britney Spears racist? Here is the best analysis I have seen.

Let’s examine the premise of the McCain ad. Here a strong case is made for celebrity not excluding one from higher office.

Are you a racist? Here is the definitive guide, revised aught ocho edition.

CWCID: Ace of Spaces, Tigerhawk, Tigerhawk

Visit these fine sites, tell them Pile sent you for a 10% discount.

Posted by at August 7, 2008 09:20 AM

Comments

I cannot believe you played the Bimbo Card, Pile On. HAVE YOU NO SHAME???

Posted by: Paris Hilton's at August 7, 2008 09:49 AM

Loved the Daily Show vid, the Hilton vid was fine (except that she's not hot, and not old enough to run for President anyway), and the National Review article is sadly true. At least in the perception of the Left.

Posted by: MikeD at August 7, 2008 09:56 AM

I can only be jealous of Paris not having to dye her hair. B*tch! Not only that, not one person signed up for my paint your face by numbers kit.

I think Barbie is better looking anyway.

Posted by: Brattnee Speers at August 7, 2008 12:47 PM

The McCain camp's next video should be something like this:

Recently we ran an ad about Mr. Obama's campaign rhetoric being as shallow as Paris Hilton. Ms. Hilton took umbrage at this characterization and responded by putting forth an energy policy of her own which was very similar to our own. In light of this evidence we would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Ms. Hilton as she clearly outclasses Mr. Obama on this issue and should never have been equated with him. We are truly sorry and ask for her forgiveness.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at August 7, 2008 02:35 PM

"Recently we ran an ad about Mr. Obama's campaign rhetoric being as shallow as Paris Hilton. Ms. Hilton took umbrage at this characterization...and, in retrospect, we think she has a point. Our next ad will point out that Mr. Obama is actually 'way shallower."

Posted by: BillT at August 7, 2008 05:28 PM

Whey shallot-er?! That stretches credulosity.

Now if I may be expired, I must get back to my Norm Crosby Edition of the Toastmasters International correspondence course.

Posted by: bt_stirfry_hun at August 7, 2008 06:36 PM

Sheesh. I see that my proof reader must have omitted the first part of the comment which was,
Outstanding idea YAG. Karl TMB Rove, Ed Rollins, and even James TSH Carville would be proud to claim that inspiration.

Whey and shallots notwithstanding.

Posted by: bt_stirfry_hun at August 7, 2008 06:46 PM

I long for those halcyon days when I thought Paris Hilton was a hotel in France...

Posted by: camojack at August 8, 2008 01:32 AM