« The Media's Pro Obama Bias, By The Numbers | Main | Tuesday Morning Mood Music »

August 04, 2008

Heh.

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world...

Day-um.
This can't be Rethugs.

I'm jazzed.

Posted by Cassandra at August 4, 2008 03:57 PM

Comments

Well, it would appear that some republicans rummaged around in the back of their closets and found their spines ! It's about time ! Where the hell have you people been for the past 2 years. Now, if they could organize something with the White House, ie. embarass the dems, I'd be a bit more enthusiastic.

Posted by: Edward Lunny at August 4, 2008 04:10 PM

I caught that last sentence -- taking the message "to the media, to the blogosphere" -- to get the word out.

'Bout time they remembered they had a *contract* with us...

Posted by: BillT at August 4, 2008 04:21 PM

Out. Standing.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at August 4, 2008 04:36 PM

Given the Republican knack for turning gold into lead, I remain skeptical.

What is funny is that Mobama threw Pelosi under the bus by flip flopping on his previous "o drilling" position. The flip was glaring enough the Mobama campaign had to dig up Liar Emeritous Tom Daschle and some other hacks to flacp for the new Flipper.

Posted by: Mark at August 4, 2008 04:41 PM

Only partially related to this story, simply because of the YouTube and the ReThug thing.

I’m invoking Godwin’s law

Posted by: Mac at August 4, 2008 04:48 PM

We are watching it NOW. Great for the CLUs to see this...and that we have a voice. I have called my Congress critter several times over the past few weeks, ever since Bush tried to lift the moratorium on drilling.

THEY ROCK.

Posted by: Cricket at August 4, 2008 04:56 PM

Hee hee...I called Speaker Pelosi's office and asked where she was at this critical juncture. Her intern or page or whatever they are responded with this:
"She is working very hard right now for the American people."

Mine: "On a book signing tour?. With all due respect to Madame Speaker, I do NOT work for her. Her salary comes from people like me. She works for me."

So, I was politely routed over to the message center. I was polite but firm. One has to be in dealing with Democrats.

Posted by: Cricket at August 4, 2008 05:09 PM

Did they transplant part of your spine, Bill, for national security interests?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 4, 2008 07:07 PM

Republicans taking a principled stand on a conservative position? Who'd a thunk it, Jethro!

Maybe Reagan got tired of spinning around in his grave and threatened to haunt them all unless they stopped wearing their asses for hats.

Posted by: a former european at August 4, 2008 07:10 PM

I blogged about this too. On Sat http://www.momsintheright.com/2008/08/i-am-only-one.html and today too. I think it's great. I'm such a dork, but it is exciting.

Posted by: Kat at August 4, 2008 07:37 PM

I find this refreshing. A lot of passion, and not a lot of bullshit. Whether it makes a difference or not is not important to me, the idea that my Rep. is there and saying "we are not going to stop until we get a vote" is heartening.

This is a politician's dream, any issue where you have about 70% of the people behind it is like found money.

Posted by: Allen at August 4, 2008 08:23 PM

I called my Congressman. He will be there throughout this week and I told his phone person I would be watching and telling the Rethugs here in my neck of GA to push the agenda.

I think we ought to up the pressure on the vacationing Dems and ask them why they think they are entitled to a vacation...a five week vacation at that, NOW. Who do they think they are, France?

I also wonder if the MSM is going to be covering the whereabouts of Mdme. La Speaker. I am getting my knitting needles ready..

heh.

Posted by: Cricket at August 4, 2008 10:02 PM

For your convenience, Cricket, my reply to yours is up at this thread.

Link

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 4, 2008 10:24 PM

About damned time the Republicans found their "twins." It may be too late to change the game, but not too late to change the conversation.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 4, 2008 11:06 PM

Day-um yay-us!!! :-)

Posted by: camojack at August 5, 2008 01:34 AM

Maybe Zell Miller channeled Reagan and snuck in behind the scenes to "motivate" the Repubs...? A girl can hope!

Posted by: HomefrontSix at August 5, 2008 02:35 AM

I read through it...you sure you sent me the right link?

I am up this early to read a couple of chapters on 'Ethics in Argument.'

*commences whining on a subliminal frequency*

Posted by: Cricket at August 5, 2008 05:53 AM

"It may be too late to change the game, but not too late to change the conversation."
Three reps from the great state Georgia, one being my pen pal, albeit reluctantly I'm fairly sure, are pulling duty at the Capital in just such an attempt. We ought to write early and often to encourage them and give them support.

Atta bouys and gurls!

There may be reason for hope after all.

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 5, 2008 10:39 AM

Phone calls are faster and give immediate support.
I would write the Democrat reps who are out to lunch. They take handwritten letters very seriously. Leon Panetta and I were penpals too.
He was truly fun to get letters from, as he addressed the points I would raise in mine.

Posted by: Cricket at August 5, 2008 11:11 AM