« The Road We're On | Main | Is Nothing Sacred??? »

August 06, 2008

Light Blogging

Guys:

I apologize for the lame blogging recently.

I have just been really, really busy. I've been traveling a lot on the weekends and during the week I've got more on my plate than I can handle between work and home. The next two weeks look like they're going to be even busier than usual. Something has to give, and I would prefer that it not be my sanity.

Normally when this sort of thing happens, my response has usually been to burn the candle at both ends and try to do everything I normally do anyway. But at my age I'm finally realizing you can only do that so long before it catches up with you.

But that's not fair to my family, because they have to pick up the pieces when I finally crash :p Also, I can't keep it up physically anymore. So, I apologize in advance if blogging is a little inconsistent around here and if I don't always answer email promptly (or even at all).

Moderation -- it's not just a breakfast drink anymore...

Heh.

Posted by Cassandra at August 6, 2008 08:29 AM

Comments

So why don't you take a break and let Pile On fill in? He's not doing anything, important or otherwise.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 6, 2008 08:51 AM

Well, spd can help too, as can fuzzy.

Posted by: Cricket at August 6, 2008 09:34 AM

By all means, take it easy Ms. Cass. Burning out helps no one, and we'd much rather miss you for a week or two than drive you to the loony bin.

Posted by: MikeD at August 6, 2008 09:37 AM

I'd offer to help, but I suspect it'd just increase your workload when you got back. ("He wrote what???")

Posted by: Grim at August 6, 2008 09:41 AM

I thought this WAS the Loony bin?

I may be mistaken, but I doubt it.

I second the nomination of Pile On as the One to Step Up and Fill the Void. Remember, Pile On in Aught Ocho, and all that. The campaign must begin here. Otherwise I may have to start patronizing other blogs to get the stupid ideas out of my head and into cyberspace, where my stupid ideas belong.

PS. I wouldn't give the keys of anything to spd rdr, because it will probably end up in a ditch in the backroads of Virginia in few weeks after being clocked going at 130 mph. Can this blog do 130 mph?

And thanks for not smoking.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at August 6, 2008 10:24 AM

It'll do a buck-forty, easy.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 6, 2008 11:32 AM

The voices told me to say what Mr. MikeD & Mr. Brouhaha said, said...

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 6, 2008 12:42 PM

Grim, you know that I trust you :p

Besides, I love everything you write. I am over at your site every day, even if I don't comment much.

I was not trying to get people to write for me. I just feel kind of bad about being so boring lately. I keep hoping things will quiet down, but they haven't yet.

I wouldn't give the keys of anything to spd rdr, because it will probably end up in a ditch in the backroads of Virginia in a few weeks after being clocked going at 130 mph.

Heh. Yep :)

That made me spit out my coffee, Don.

Posted by: Cass at August 6, 2008 01:44 PM

The peoples have spoken Cass. One more and you will have what political pundits call a ground swell.

Posted by: Pile On at August 6, 2008 02:11 PM

See? I told you they loved you Pile :)

Posted by: Cass at August 6, 2008 02:21 PM

I smell a caption contest.....
Yeah, you knew that was comin'.

heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at August 6, 2008 02:51 PM

"And, I, too, have been wondering about the *Pile in Ought Ocho* campaign, not too mention waiting "breathlessly" for a follow-up on the imported Chinese air scandal......."
I read that and thought, turn your head and cough.

I think I better seek some more psychoanalysis over at Grim's. =8^}

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 6, 2008 02:55 PM

Make sure you request the *beer and torque wrench therapy*.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at August 6, 2008 03:07 PM

We'll have to fly DL Sly back out for a beer session :p

Posted by: Cass at August 6, 2008 03:20 PM

Ah. Putting the beer *in* the torque wench therapy...

Posted by: BillT at August 6, 2008 04:10 PM

Bill, I'll hold a spot for you in the psychoanalysis bar and lounge at Grim's...

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 6, 2008 04:20 PM

No need. I sponsored one of the booths.

Posted by: BillT at August 6, 2008 04:26 PM

Although when Doc-Lady Sly shows up, I might need transportation there. Something with a gurney, a portable oxygen generator and a Jack Daniels drip...

Posted by: BillT at August 6, 2008 04:30 PM

I think I might have a spare.

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 6, 2008 04:34 PM

See if you've got a spare blast wall handy.

I think she's just building up a head of steam...

Posted by: BillT at August 6, 2008 04:41 PM

So now that we've roped him into this stint, we must breathlessly await the moment until Pile On, "The One That We've Been Waiting To Do Without" appears to relieve we hopeless souls from this cloud of anxiety and dispair cause be George Bush.

Light a fire in these humble weeds, Pile! The nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Ride, Postman! Ride!

Posted by: spd rdr at August 6, 2008 05:02 PM

For those of you who might have forgotten, my typing sucks like a Hoover.

Posted by: spd rdr at August 6, 2008 05:29 PM

No worries, Cass. I was just recalling my last stint as co-blogger, when we did that thing about the women who would rather give up men in order to achieve some fashion goal. I forget the details; I just remember you were wound up about it when you came back. :)

Posted by: Grim at August 6, 2008 07:09 PM

When dealing with women, Grim, it's almost always beneficial to forget the details before even opening your mouth. Failing that, it is advised that you should take care to forget the details immediately thereafter. Your memory of such facts will not make a wits' bit of difference in later discussions, and you just might be able to come up with something really shiny to divert her interest in the meantime.

I hope that this information helps you get past your obvious sense of insecurity around women.

I'm here, buddy, whenever.

You can take that to the bank, and tell them that I sent you.

Posted by: Mr. Oink at August 6, 2008 07:35 PM

Better to put the beer *in* the torque wrench than the torque wrench in the beer.

Or, wait, you meant wench. Damn.

As for therapy, I hear there's a group session in Vegas coming up soon...with beer. Not sure about the torque wrenches. I *am* sure about the wenches. We'll be there. With bells on.

Posted by: HomefrontSix at August 6, 2008 07:43 PM

I thank you kindly, Mr. Oink. As you rightly note, it's obvious that I'm terrified of women. :)

Posted by: Grim at August 6, 2008 07:51 PM

*rolling eyes*

I would hate for one of you gentlemen to run into my well known temper. We ladies can be so unreasonable.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 6, 2008 08:52 PM

*keeping mouth shut and timeout chair in corner warm*

Posted by: bt_what-me-worry_hun at August 6, 2008 09:15 PM

Hey, lady, I've got no problem with your temper. But, if you temper's got a sister, why don't you bring her along too?

Posted by: Mr. Oink at August 6, 2008 09:51 PM

Your blogging is never lame, Cass.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 6, 2008 11:59 PM

Jeez, I was gonna say something here, but I think I'll just let sleeping dogs lie (lay?). But Ymarsakar is correct.

Posted by: Suds46 at August 7, 2008 12:23 AM