« Palin vs. The Gatekeepers | Main | The Forgotten Voter? »

September 04, 2008

Joe Biden's Unrecognized Foreign Policy Genius!!!

EXCLUSIVE!!!
MUST CREDIT VILLAINOUS COMPANY!!!

Don't forget - you heard it here first: Joe Biden was responsible for the success of the Surge!

More recently, this is the Joe Biden who forcefully argued for the partition of Iraq - an idea so completely idiotic that it actually forged agreement amongst Arabs, Turks, Persians, Jews and Russians. IT would piss them all off.

As so many argued, a military solution was never enough to guarantee lasting peace in Iraq. Only political compromise could bring about permanent stability.

Who knew it would be the foreign policy genius of Joe Biden who provided the impetus for peace in our time?

Posted by Cassandra at September 4, 2008 06:54 PM

Comments

You forgot the Kurds again.

I think one of 'em told me that "biden" is Kurmanji for "rabid jackass"...

Posted by: BillT at September 4, 2008 07:28 PM

...on roller skates.

Posted by: BillT at September 4, 2008 07:29 PM

Well, the Obama works in mysterious ways.

Posted by: Pile On at September 4, 2008 08:23 PM

The ways of Obama are mysterious. One cannot know the Will of Oama.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at September 4, 2008 09:29 PM

You make a good point, Cass.

Posted by: TigerHawk at September 4, 2008 09:52 PM

Funny, a Cajun told me that "biden" is Bayou French for Water Closet, Step #2...

Well if some words ain't danged near une-versal across cultures! *burrrpppaaarp!* Xcuuuuse me.

Posted by: Larry at September 4, 2008 09:53 PM

Och! I kenna barely remember when I was a wee Scots laddie, working with me Da in the peat bogs of Dunlachlan. I always told me Mum and Da that when I grew up to be a great braw lad, I would leave the poverty of me upbringing to explore the bonnie highlands and find me own haggis!

-- Joe Biden, "My Life".

Posted by: a former european at September 4, 2008 10:51 PM

Ya know...I'm actually looking forward to the Biden-Palin debate. I can't wait for somebody to ask him why, if things are really so bad these days, anybody would want to elect somebody like himself. After all, given his 467 years in the Senate, if he really had anything to help the nation, wouldn't we have seen by this time?

Posted by: Community Closet Organizer at September 4, 2008 11:29 PM

I have recipe for Mongolian barbecue, well I'll be, I'm qualified.

Posted by: Allen at September 5, 2008 12:16 AM

Great.

Now Mongo will build a campfire in the parlor and start barbecuing beans...

Posted by: BillT at September 5, 2008 06:39 AM

Posted by: Joe Noory at September 5, 2008 09:35 AM

If stupidity were contagious, Biden would be quarantined imediately.

Posted by: Mark at September 5, 2008 05:54 PM

Since it's Friday, it's beer-thirty, McCain has selected Governor Palin as his VP and BO has shown Hillary the end of the plank... I propose this little tune for BO and his campaign to reflect upon as their decision to pick Bidet... ahh sorry, Biden, over Hillary. Mood music with which they might reflect on their choices as McCain and especially Palin mop the policy floor of America with them.

But on the other hand I fear that McCain walks around singing this tune. So I drink.

Cheers!

Posted by: bt_in-an-indeterminate-state_hun at September 5, 2008 06:09 PM

Speaking of Biden: we have McCainiacs, Obamabots, and now Palindrones. What do we call those who are unquestioning supporters of Biden? I realize the issue doesn't come up all that often but it just doesn't seem fair that he is left out.

I've come up with two ideas but neither seems to be quite what's needed:

Bidenizens. I like this one but it's hard to say and doesn't really have the little nasty edge of the others.

Bidenettes. Somewhat lame but perhaps the very lameness expresses the apparently lukewarm support Biden gets. Again, lacks that little nasty edge.

I have to admit both of these fail the "of course they're not really" test:

Of course his supporters are not really maniacs.

Of course his supporters are not really robots.

Of course her supporters are not really drones.

Of course his supporters are not really denizens. Well, they're denizens of somewhere.

Of course his supporters are not really dinettes. What, they're drop leaf oak tables?

I'm hoping someone will have a more effective but still polite suggestion. I'm tired of writing about the McCainiacs, the Obamabots, the Biden supporters, and the Palindrones. It just doesn't flow.

Posted by: Elise at September 6, 2008 11:31 AM

Bidenquo's - same as it ever was

Bidmensas - smarter than you

Bidenpedic - lending support to those in need

I'll probably think of something else as I toil away on my honeydews... sorta like working for the IRS ->Gob'ment

Posted by: bt_shakin'-the-bush-boss_hun at September 6, 2008 11:36 AM

Bidentricles -- raspy and annoying.

Posted by: BillT at September 6, 2008 01:32 PM

Bide'ens.

Pronounced like that frenchy bathroom apparatus used to wash the bum,

Posted by: Pile On at September 6, 2008 02:31 PM

"Bide'ens.

Pronounced like that frenchy bathroom apparatus used to wash the bum,

That sounds like that Bayou French for Water Closet, Step #2 thang Larry mentioned.

I think it fits, more or less...

Posted by: bt_shakin'-the-bush-boss_hun at September 6, 2008 03:16 PM

Hmm. I got out the dictionary. I'm leaning toward something with "dense":

Bidenses - Sounds kind of like more than one of those Frenchy apparatuses

Bidensers - Sounds like an attachment to one of those Frenchy apparatuses

Bidensests - This might work:

Of course his supporters are not really densest.

Which could then be followed up with: That honor belongs to (fill in your pick of the other three).

Posted by: Elise at September 6, 2008 06:38 PM

Oh, oh. I think I've got it:

Bidenim

It fails the "of course his supporters are not really denim" test but it does sound like a plural noun (seraphim, cherubim). The only problem is that - strictly speaking - the singular would be "Biden" but I'm prepared to declare "Bidenim" both plural and singular. Like "fish". I mean, nobody says "fishim".

Posted by: Elise at September 6, 2008 06:46 PM

Elise you were not kidding when you said that your were a bit structured and analytical in your approach. =;-}

"I mean, nobody says "fishim"."
Ok, one time and one time only, A rednecks guide to Speaking Southern: We wuz fishim dar structar ovurn dem cypress knaees un we caugh the bigmouth hoss o tha lake...

As you know, absolutes aren't and variables don't. =8-}

Now I figure if you gotta go with real honest to goodness meaning, howsbout

Bidenphial? - from Late Latin fiola, shallow vessel? Eh? Eh?

Posted by: bt_bitter&clingy_hun at September 6, 2008 07:38 PM

It fails the "of course his supporters are not really denim" test...

Absolutely.

You can get denim to come clean...

Posted by: BillT at September 7, 2008 07:11 AM

Oh, bt, be still my heart. A man who speaks both Redneck Southern and Latin.

As for you, BillT, we Bidenim/Bidenphials/Bidenizens don't like to hear that kind of talk.

Posted by: Elise at September 7, 2008 11:52 AM

Steady lady!

I had Latin (run over me) as a 12 year old and disavow any memory of it, at all. With the exception of the strange person who taught the class and a certain little girl!

But I've been a redneck steeped in the language of the indigenous rural population below the Mason/Dixon all my life and I do know how to use search engines. As incongruous as that might seem to our urban brethren and sisters.

Posted by: bthun at September 7, 2008 01:33 PM

Umm.. "Bidentrails"? Y'all know sort of like the spoor of Biden?

Posted by: 'Uigi at September 7, 2008 04:57 PM

*dragging in fainting couch for Elise*

Posted by: BillT at September 7, 2008 05:18 PM

Fear not Bill.

Based upon reading her comments on various topics, I surmise that Miss Elise has a sturdy constitution. Plus, I don't do Latin, so there ya go. I just have a slight scar from the rug-burn on my psyche, just a flesh wound BTW, from my exposure to Jr. High Latin.

All of which means that I'm just another dime-a-gross Southern redneck with an inherent babblefish ability to liaise with outsiders. And I'll throw in a Heah! for emphasis on that last.

Posted by: bthun at September 7, 2008 11:09 PM

So, I guess that, O sibili, si ergo. Fortibuses in ero... would be a non-started, huh?

Posted by: BillT at September 8, 2008 06:19 AM

Oh stop trying to hit on Elise, Bill. =8^} And I don't pay attention to buses.

I thought I'd already confessed my love for going in my pickup? Si bthungo!

Posted by: bthun at September 8, 2008 08:22 AM