« On Obama and Manliness | Main | War of Words »

September 11, 2008

Memorial

MaryAnn.

camo

BillT (I assume) - he didn't sign it, the big punk

Kat

Lex

HF6

Vanderleun (via Bird Dog)

Jules doesn't have anything up yet, but it's still early. As prolific as he is, I'll be shocked if he doesn't later. Anyway, I'm just glad he's back. Go pay him a visit.

Zoey

Beth at Blue Star Chronicles

Nicki

Deb

Fausta

...and it appears The Armorer finally got out of bed (I'm gonna pay for that one)

Carrie's doing a puzzle.

And last, but certainly not least, Grim.

I will have a few words up later.

Posted by Cassandra at September 11, 2008 06:19 AM

Comments

The Laughing Wolf asked over at Blackfive if we've forgotten. Sadly too many WANT to forget. I won't and never will.

Our Republic, our lives, and our future are too precious to me and many others. We should not forget, we should always remember that day.

Posted by: Nina at September 11, 2008 07:56 AM

MT doesn't sign some of my stuff (out of electronic embarrassment, mostly). But you *know* I'm the only one at the Castle who was in the 29thID and did an SFOR stint in Bosnia.

Posted by: BillT at September 11, 2008 08:40 AM

That was my assumption :)

Posted by: Cassandra at September 11, 2008 08:51 AM

However, since there was nothing in there about thongs, I was slightly concerned.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 11, 2008 08:51 AM

You owe me a half-liter of chlorinated water.

Posted by: BillT at September 11, 2008 10:29 AM

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at September 11, 2008 08:36 PM

In September of 2001, right after that fateful day, I looked into going back into the military; I was older than they allowed at the time.
(I was 43 then)

Anyway, that's what I thought. I later learned that prior service folks can get a waiver...but my job for a defense contractor does support the military, just not in the more direct way I had in mind when I'd first considered it. I like to think I'm still in pretty good shape for my age, or even for someone younger, but reality is what it is...

Posted by: camojack at September 12, 2008 03:49 AM