« NBC Flushes Barney Frank's Involvement Down Memory Hole | Main | Quiet Courage »

October 09, 2008

From Little Trees, Mighty ACORNS Grow

In those days the multitude being very great, and having nothing to satisfy their spirits The Obamessiah called his disciples unto him, and saith unto them: "I have compassion on the multitude, because in their souls the People hunger and thirst for economic justice, and for 8 long years have they had None. And if I send them away fasting unto their own houses, they will faint by the way. For divers of them traveled great distances to get here."

And his disciples answered him, "From whence can a man satisfy The People with manna here in the wilderness?"

And he said unto them, "How many voters have we?"

And they replied, "644,197, Lord".

And he commanded the People to sit down upon the ground. And thereupon he took up the registration forms, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them. And they did set them before the People. And they had also a few spare IDs. And so he blessed, and commanded to set them also before the Multitude. So they did partake, and did fill out the forms: and Lo! They that had completed the forms were about 677,401.

And he sent them away. And straightway he entered into a Bus with his disciples and came into the parts of Chicago.

And the Pharisees came forth and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him. And The One sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, "Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation."

And he left them, and entering into the Bus again departed to the other side.

Now the disciples had forgotten to take enough forms, neither had they in the bus with them more than one box. And he charged them, saying, "Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of the BusHitler". And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "The Master is wroth. It is because we have no forms".

And when the Obamessiah knew it, he saith unto them, "Why reason ye, because ye have no forms? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?"

"Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?"

"When I brake the few forms among the multitude, how many baskets full of forms took ye up?" They say unto him, "105 percent". And he said unto them, "How is it that ye do not understand the miracles I have set before you, the miracle of community organization?"

Verily I say unto you, this is the power of love. The power of inclusion and respect:

Things that are too good to be true typically are.

...That’s a photoshop, according to our friends in Wasilla. The original had two fingers in a V, but she’s still a nasty little piece of work.

As you do unto the least of my children, so have ye done unto me.

Posted by Cassandra at October 9, 2008 06:50 AM

Comments

Only 105% of eligible voters?

Pikers. The Dems in Union and Hudson Counties in NJ once garnered 110% of the *entire population*.

Posted by: BillT at October 9, 2008 09:53 AM

I'm new here, but that little bit of writing is absolutely fantastic! hahaha

Posted by: Jason at October 9, 2008 10:08 AM

Cass! You're killing me!

Posted by: MathMom at October 9, 2008 10:49 AM

Verily, to know The Lightworker is often akin to a religious experience.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 9, 2008 10:54 AM

You absolutely rock.

Posted by: KJ at October 9, 2008 11:05 AM

No, I am mostly a buffoon. Luckily, my readers like to laugh :p

Posted by: Cassandra at October 9, 2008 12:27 PM

"Verily", ha. The last time I heard that used was by Anomen in Baldur's Gate II.

No, I am mostly a buffoon.

That depends on which personality you have chosen to wear, now wouldn't it.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 9, 2008 02:21 PM

From Little Trees, Mighty ACORNS Grow

That title almost finished me there, Cass. However, I continued to shoulder through the onslaught of hilarity you placed in store for me. After hard struggles, I was able to go through the ambush to end up at "Verily, to know The Lightworker is often akin to a religious experience."

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 9, 2008 02:37 PM

Nice riff, Cass.

I have to say, if I were in a position where this picture came up while talking with Palin, I would tell her -- "Don't EVER wear that coat again. Just don't."

Yeah, it's absolutely politically irrelevant but gaaaawwwd that thing is attrocious. It literally was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw the picture.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at October 9, 2008 06:47 PM

Obloodyhell -

Think about the value of that coat if you fall into a snowdrift...at least they'll be able to find you!

Posted by: MathMom at October 9, 2008 07:06 PM

Yes, but having found you they might not want to rescue you!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 9, 2008 07:24 PM

Well, you have a point there.

I gotta say, it's the first fashion faux pas I've seen for the Guv. Which is worse, that coat or the Bumblebee look on Hillary?

Coin toss, maybe...but you can look at the bumblebee outfit once without hurling. The Guv's coat, not so much.

Posted by: MathMom at October 9, 2008 07:48 PM

Yes, but having found you they might not want to rescue you!

Her husband on the snow watchacall it will surely rescue her.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 9, 2008 08:22 PM

but she’s still a nasty little piece of work.

Gad. Some of these people are really scary. They even hate a little kid because they hate her mother.

Bozos.

Posted by: MathMom at October 9, 2008 10:20 PM

What's even scarier is listening to these enlightened "progressives" justify their behavior.

Because they can, you know. They can justify anything. It's amazing. If this is "change we can believe in", leave me out. In my universe, adults leave children out of their nasty political catfights.

Posted by: Endangered Midwestern Corked Bat at October 9, 2008 10:32 PM

Obama is the one, Corked Bat wielding Cassandra.

The "One" will be able to change many things, including politics' limitations on children. That is what change means. Change for the better requires revolutionary zeal. This is why Ayers has produced one student, at least, that has been put in a position of power to do something: Obama himself.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 9, 2008 11:26 PM

Remember Obama's revolutionary youth corps cadre he proposed? The one that would be as powerful as the US military? The one that would answer only to the President?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 9, 2008 11:30 PM

Photoshopped kidlings notwithstanding, that really is one fugly jacket that the good Governor's wearing...

Posted by: camojack at October 10, 2008 01:28 AM

In my universe, adults leave children out of their nasty political catfights.

Unfortunately, in my universe the *revolutionary* adults bring kids into political catfights when those catfights boil over into firefights.

The 12th SS Panzer DivisionHitlerjungend.

The Child Soldiers of the myriad "People's Revolutionary" mobs roaming Africa.

The command-detonated human bombs the VC used in Vietnam, al-Q in Iraq uses over here, and the Taliban use in Pakistan.

Innocents sacrificed to the Moloch of "Change"...

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2008 02:16 AM

Isn't Mephistopheles cooler than Moloch, though?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 10, 2008 12:47 PM

No, just more articulate. Moloch never had the luxury of a teleprompter.

Posted by: BillT at October 10, 2008 01:30 PM

> Yes, but having found you they might not want to rescue you!

You beat me to it.
:^>

Posted by: OBloodyhell at October 10, 2008 06:47 PM

> Because they can, you know. They can justify anything. It's amazing.

I just wish a lot more of them would justify standing in front of a moving bus to prove that they can justify its non-existence.

They're doing that right now, with Islamofascism and socialism, but dragging the rest of us in front of the bus with them.

Posted by: OBloodyhell at October 10, 2008 06:50 PM

> Isn't Mephistopheles cooler than Moloch, though?

Cthulu wipes his butt with both of them.

Posted by: OBloodyhell at October 10, 2008 06:51 PM