« Friday Morning Song | Main | Photo of the Day »

October 03, 2008

Oh Man.... The *Guilt*

Because, you know, voting is like herpes. Pass it around.

Posted by Cassandra at October 3, 2008 08:58 AM

Comments

If I sent that to five friends, I'd have five friends who'd consider me an idiot for thinking they aren't going to vote...

Posted by: BillT at October 3, 2008 11:37 AM

...as distinct from thinking I'm an idiot for being over here without a large caliber handgun.

Posted by: BillT at October 3, 2008 11:39 AM

I'm still looking through my contacts ... I'm sure I can find 3 more friends somewhere.

Would my dentist count as a friend, or do I need to know his first name?

Posted by: KJ at October 3, 2008 12:53 PM

Seriously? A five minute commercial involing foul-mouthed idiot celebrities?

Posted by: Grim at October 3, 2008 03:06 PM

I suppose we're supposed to recognize those people. I think I recognize 2 or 3, but none of those seem to be politically astute.

If things work out as expected, lots of people will say, "OK, Mr Big Cheese says - on TV - that there's no point voting. Works for me".

Posted by: ZZMike at October 3, 2008 03:21 PM

verily, leo c, though hast kept me a Rethug.

Posted by: Cricket at October 3, 2008 03:46 PM

Oh COME ON, PEOPLES!!!!

ARE YOU SRLSLY TELLING ME this video didn't touch UR hearts????

Posted by: Cassandra at October 3, 2008 03:56 PM

RLY???

Posted by: Cassandra at October 3, 2008 03:56 PM

Five minutes, though? I mean, it's one gag. Surely showbiz people know you can't do the same gag over and over for five minutes. You're dying out there, people.

Posted by: Grim at October 3, 2008 03:58 PM

Why should they? They've been making the same movies over and over again for *decades*...

Posted by: BillT at October 3, 2008 04:26 PM

Damn, Bill. Maybe you should be in showbiz. Groucho Marx would have loved that line. :)

Posted by: Grim at October 3, 2008 04:30 PM

Showbiz?

Nah. I *hate* doing commercials.

Posted by: BillT at October 3, 2008 05:18 PM

I think the girl that took her bra off down her sleeve won me over.

If we don't vote, do we get more of that????

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at October 3, 2008 05:38 PM

> The typical readers of Villainous Company are not the demographic this silliness is aimed at. But I can't quite figure out the demographic that is is aimed at, really.

Oh, come on. It'a obvious. Bloody Obvious.

"Idiots"

That's the great Democratic Hope -- getting enough idiots out there to vote for the Bread and Circuses that they represent.

Posted by: OBloodyhell at October 3, 2008 08:06 PM

I gotta tell ya, the last thing I've ever thought about while sitting on the crapper was registering to vote.

But maybe I was just not being sensitive enough! After all, why not equate registering to vote, and then VOTING FOR OBAMA while on the crapper? It's perfect!

I like throwing my vote in the sewer. Don't you?

Posted by: Donna B. at October 4, 2008 01:34 AM

"You have to vote!" I love being told that the privilege to vote is now an elitist command, but only if I CARE about the delusions and fixations and idiocies in THEIR heads. Just another Obama ad pretending to be a public service announcement. Where are teh singing white children?

Posted by: twolaneflash at October 4, 2008 07:50 PM

GOOOOGLE!!! Buncha' Marxists-loving stooges.

Posted by: twolaneflash at October 4, 2008 07:56 PM

This is one of the examples of the four basic reactions to propaganda. I dislike the message and I also don't feel the way the message wants me to feel.

Not good advertisement let alone good propaganda.

It's too bad I couldn't dislike the message while at the same time approving of what the message contained. As weird as the Obama sing a long was, both of them, at least they were appealing.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 5, 2008 07:57 PM