« Heh... | Main | Coffee Snorters: Blonde Moment Edition »

October 12, 2008

Sunday Time Waster

I can never resist these things. Go ahead. You know you want to:

1. The end of the world is coming, if you can save only one kind of animal, which one will you pick? a. Rabbit b. Sheep c. Deer d. Horse

2. If you had to be an animal which one would you choose?
a. Dog
b. Cat
c. Horse
d. Snake

3. If you have the power to make one species disappear forever, which one will that be?
a. Lion
b. Snake
c. Crocodile
d. Shark

4. If one of the following animals could speak which would you prefer it to be?
a. Sheep
b. Horse
c. Rabbit
d. Bird

5. On an isolated island you can only have one of the following as your companion, which one would you choose?
a. Human
b. Pig
c. Cow
d. Bird

6. If you had the ability to tame all animals, which would you prefer as a pet?
a. Dinosaur
b. White tiger
c. Polar bear
d. Leopard

7. If you could be an animal for 5 minutes which of the following would you prefer to be?
a. Lion
b. Cat
c. Horse
d. Pigeon

Answers (and what they mean) here.

Here's are two more quick but fun ones:

Drawing test

Picture test

Posted by Cassandra at October 12, 2008 11:19 AM

Comments

Hmmpf. Din't list gryphons *once*...

Posted by: BillT at October 12, 2008 01:09 PM

Scarily accurate. I guess I didn't grow out of my little-girl fascination with all things equine. Interesting what that says about me.....

Posted by: lela at October 12, 2008 03:01 PM

I am sooo predictable. Dull is good.

Posted by: Cricket at October 12, 2008 06:56 PM

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 12, 2008 07:29 PM

Courtesy of Suek over at Bookworm's Room.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 12, 2008 07:29 PM

Hm. For Question 1 I picked "Horse". The author's analysis:

1. Your choice represents the personality of the person you would be attracted to in real life situation.

d. Horse - Unbridled, free-spirited and free

My actual reason: "It can do work for me and provide transportation and I can eat it."

So maybe I shouldn't be taking these tests ....

Posted by: RonF at October 13, 2008 10:13 AM

Ron, that was *exactly* the way I thought on question 1 :p

Too funny. My other criterion would have been intelligence and the ability to provide companionship/trainability (why no dog?). But I was all about usefulness, and neither a rabbit, sheep or deer was particularly useful to me. Thus, the horse.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 13, 2008 10:29 AM

Ymar, that sounds like something my oldest would have done to me.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 13, 2008 10:35 AM

That's exactly how I came up with sheep for the first animal! I wanted something that could provide both wool for clothing and meat for eating, and possibly milk, and could graze on poor land. A little too literal-minded, I guess.

Also, I was evenly divided between "polar bear" and "white tiger," so evidently I don't know whether I treasure marriage or am determined to avoid it. I just like the idea of a huge furry white carnivore for a friend.

Posted by: Texan99 at October 14, 2008 11:31 AM

I just like the idea of a huge furry white carnivore for a friend.

John of Argghhh! wasn't a choice...

Posted by: BillT at October 14, 2008 12:55 PM

Well maybe he should have been :p

Posted by: Cassandra at October 14, 2008 12:57 PM

John of Argghhh! wasn't a choice...

Ouch, nice one there, Bill.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at October 14, 2008 04:57 PM

Well, he gives as good as he gets -- as you probably observed before he switched my tagline to a more prosaic one...

Posted by: BillT at October 14, 2008 05:05 PM

The interpretations are useless and silly. I made my choices based on utility to myself --
"Talk to... hmmm. Talking to birds would be useful, you could get them to fly places and report back."

"End of the world? Hmmm. A horse would probably be the most useful animal in that situation..."

In short, I didn't use any of my own affinity for animals in most cases, but my perception of their utility in the given scenario.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at October 15, 2008 08:41 AM

> my little-girl fascination with all things equine

Oh, c'mon. Guys know why girls like horses. You can't fool us. We know what makes you get all squishy.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at October 15, 2008 08:42 AM

Since I've not been blogging enough to remember my former "cattish" handle, I just change 'em like Barack changes "acquaintances".

I s'pose my being the resourceful Dutch broad type, I TOO chose the horse on a "which would make the most SENSE' basis for Q #2 (&4).

As for Q #6--I'm evidently a bit conflicted about marriage.. Had the TOUGHEST time choosing btwn the last 3. Mostly btwn the white tiger and polar bear. So, I apparently treasure it, fear it, want it, yet know nothing about marriage. (Garsh...1,3,4 there sound a lot like a much less "potent" version of that of this certain "clothes w/no [real] emperor" Whitehouse wanna be!

After the test, I did have a 2nd thought. Should duty (doodee) call, I rather like the prospect of being a high fiber dieting pigeon......for 5 minutes....on standby @ the WhiteYhouse.... for a flyover of a certain inauguration, should the unthinkable (theft!) occur.... (~;)
[Have GREAT mercy, O' God!]

I rather like those "tests". Kinda crazy at the level of accuracy some have sometimes. But when your name is Sybil, one size fits all, eh? (~;)

Posted by: Party Pooping Pigeons Cat at October 15, 2008 05:06 PM

I always enjoy these tests, but lots of them just list a handful of conflicting characteristics that everyone has in part. It's a safe bet that everyone both craves and fears intimacy, wants companionship but needs a certain essential privacy, and in short harbors any number of unresolved opposing desires. No matter which answer you choose, the decoded "meaning" is going to resonate with something inside you.

The drawing test was interesting, though. It never would have occurred to me to draw the spiral from the inside out.

Posted by: Texan99 at October 16, 2008 09:54 AM

Well now that one, I truly hesitated on!

I could have done it either way. I started to draw it from the inside out, but then started on the outside because it just seemed 'smarter'. But on another day, I might have done it the other way.

I take some of these tests and come out almost perfectly balanced between the right and left brain, so that may explain that one.

Or, I may just be completely insane... :p