« Perspective, Risk, and the Financial "Crisis" | Main | Gold Star Mother's Donations Stolen »

December 04, 2008

Blogoversary

It is hard to believe, but it has been 4 years since VC started up.

I know I've wiped out most of my old posts. Sorry about that - must be the Celtic blood. I've been leaving things all my life. It's hard to believe I've stayed with this for so long, even if there have been a few bumps and twists along the road.

scan2.jpg I tried to find the old picture of me I had up at Jet Noise. It's kind of funny - in that one I was obviously several years younger and I still had the short hair. Couldn't find a copy quickly. But I did find something even funnier - dumb photo of me in high school from that stupid 70s post I did years ago. My Dem friend in NYC (Yo!) will get a kick out of it. She will remember the ultimate horror of the Princess in high school... heh.

I swore I wouldn't get emotional about this, but I've already blown that resolution (Watch it, Bill....[tapping foot]). I would just like to thank you guys for coming along for the ride.

I have a love-hate relationship with blogging.

This is where my family is.

Anyway, thanks. Sometimes, even for me, there are no words.

Posted by Cassandra at December 4, 2008 05:18 PM

Comments

Posted by: DL Sly at December 4, 2008 07:02 PM

We love you too.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at December 4, 2008 07:21 PM

I ditto DL's ditto!

How fun I would happen upon here to be one of the early posters to this thread!

I came over to check out quickly while preparing to send the link here to someone. It being included in a list o' Blognitaries (blogging Dignitaries. Just made that up, right on the spot(-:) It's how I roll. Still preferable over a troll, right?
So WHEN is townhall or nro or some o' them gonna syndicate (& PAY you?) Perhaps that should be somehow covertly, secretly so. So that you won't feel all the pressure, and can just investigate, and write for the enjoyment. (~;) (but you're worthy of your labor$, too!)
You, ROCK, Blogga' Mama!

Posted by: Snow Leopardess Today~Cattitudinous Tomorrow at December 4, 2008 07:29 PM

Only four years? Shoot, I have underwear older than that.

Congrats, may there be many more years.

More years for you that is...not my underwear.

Posted by: Pile On at December 4, 2008 07:45 PM

Cat! :)

I wouldn't be blogging if it weren't for you!

Oh, and Pile... change your underwear ;p

I did not know Sly's Wardrobe had a mistress. I find that vaguely disturbing, but then I've been so busy with work I dont' even know my own name anymore.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 4, 2008 08:00 PM

I love checking in here every day to see what interesting things are being discussed! Happy Blogoversary!

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at December 4, 2008 08:25 PM

Blogoversary?

Wasn't that guy in "Animal House"?

Keep it up, we' re just waiting here, tapping our toes, knowing that you're cruisin, glad that you are NOT so dead....

Pile On and old underwear. There's a joke in there somewhere.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at December 4, 2008 09:19 PM

Bill christened me with the name a few posts back. It stuck.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at December 4, 2008 10:50 PM

Good lord! Only 4 years? By that, I mean it seems like I've been reading your blog for much longer than that. Thanks for sticking around. Reading your posts always provides a much needed dose of down to earth common sense.

Posted by: Suds46 at December 4, 2008 11:04 PM

"I have a love-hate relationship with blogging."

I know just what you mean.

"One thing I'm absolutely not conflicted about is you all. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you guys. Several times I've left, and several times I've come back and it has never been about the writing. I can write anywhere. I've always come back here because this is home. This is where my family is. Anyway, thanks. Sometimes, even for me, there are no words."

No darlin', thank you...for all of the quality content here, and just for being you.

Posted by: camojack at December 5, 2008 01:21 AM

(Watch it, Bill....[tapping foot])

*blinking sleepily at sound of small arms fire in distance*

Whut?

*going back to sleep*

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 01:32 AM

"Bill christened me with the name a few posts back. It stuck."

Oh puhleeeezzzze, she's using the name in order to get to the vanilla icing......I'm thinking I'm gonna need a wardrobe Change, and I'm not even *in* costume yet!
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 5, 2008 02:50 AM

" I find that vaguely disturbing..."

I find it *vaguely disturbing* that you only find it *vaguely disturbing*.
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 5, 2008 02:53 AM

- must be the Celtic blood. I've been leaving things all my life.

VC -- heaving Celtic trivets since 2004.

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 04:03 AM

Congratulations and thanks for all you do, Cass.

We're glad you keep coming back for more ;-)

Posted by: MaryAnn at December 5, 2008 04:36 AM

And what would the Oink Cadre do if I got rid of 'Cassie' at the top of the site and brought back my beloved trivet???

[sob!]

I can hear it now!

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 07:31 AM

Well, you could replace the compact with the trivet.

Ooooh! And replace the marmoset with a recumbent Sly in her vanilla-icing bikini, with HF6 standing triumphantly in the background, holding a spatula!

Or not.

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 08:04 AM

There are times when you people frighten me :p

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 08:21 AM

Don't make me take out my ruler! I ditto all the other dittoes and then some.

BillT loves the holodeck at the Castle. Especially the chok'lit hose.

Posted by: Sister of Perpetual Outrage at December 5, 2008 08:36 AM

We would not keep coming if you were just drooling into your porridge.

Happy 4th!, and may there be many more.

Posted by: htom at December 5, 2008 11:37 AM

Thank you for being here for US Miss Cassy. I've 'met' more wonderful people here than through anywhere else on the internet. And it's all thanks to you.

Posted by: MikeD at December 5, 2008 01:28 PM

BTW, Cass -- congrats. Hard to believe I've been floating around here for less than four years. Seems like it's a lot longer. That's in a good way.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at December 5, 2008 03:27 PM

And just for the record (and to tie this to a previous thread), I find it fascinating that Miss Cass uses a picture of her self in a similar pose (note: not identical) to the pinup at the top of the page. Even if it was subconcious, Cass likes us to take a gander at her gams.

Posted by: MikeD at December 5, 2008 04:04 PM

Oh for Pete's sake.

1. You have a point there. Never noticed that one.

2. People inevitably see themselves differently from the way others do. My legs look *awful* in that photo. I look about 10 pounds heavier than I was, and I actually had very nice legs when I was younger (they were one of my better features). Not that anyone would know it from that photo.

I will go find the other one - the one in slacks - and put that up :p I think, if I remember correctly, you can't see my face as well in that one. It just wasn't close to it in Picasa so I grabbed the nearest one.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 04:23 PM

There! All fixed - no more gams :p

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 04:37 PM

Uh-oh, the Oink Cadre is gonna be mad now. You took away their opportunity to try and see up your skirt.
tsk tsk
Boy are you gonna hear from 'em now.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 5, 2008 05:09 PM

There are times when you people frighten me

We're trying as hard as we can -- you just don't *scare* easily.

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 05:11 PM

All fixed - no more gams

Some of *do* appreciate a well-turned ankle.

And *what* are you putting in your mouth, young lady? You don't know where that finger's been!

Oh, wait. You do.

Never mind.

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 05:16 PM

Cassandra,

If you didn't exist, we'd have had to invent you. I'm exceedingly glad that God beat us to it, and I send a hug.

Posted by: Patrick at December 5, 2008 05:26 PM

Since you have so many names, I wouldn't find that surprising.

We're trying as hard as we can -- you just don't *scare* easily.

We need more Zombie brigades, that's what.

Even though Cass doesn't scare easily, I sure do.

By William Blake

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare sieze the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art.
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

It's too bad I don't have a mp3 copy of when I recited this poem, Cass.

Oh for Pete's sake.

Well, rest assured, I would never dare to frame thy fearful symmetry, Cass. Gams or no Gams, Pete or no Pete.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at December 5, 2008 05:27 PM

I'm exceedingly glad that God beat us to it

Nice Catch. God's immortal hand and eye certainly did beat us to it.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at December 5, 2008 05:28 PM

Btw, the Lamb was classically known in William Blake's time as Jesus Christ.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at December 5, 2008 05:31 PM

We've come a long way from when I used to get my feeeeeelings hurt every time I posted poetry :p

I'm not nuts about it - some of it is truly awful. But like classical music (which I don't listen to all the time, but enjoy greatly just the same) I like a bit of verse from time to time.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 05:38 PM

Especially the chok'lit hose.

That's Werekitty you're thinking about.

And it's a chok'lit *gun* -- an M-2 -- and fires cherries as target markers.

See? You've been AWOL from the comment parties too long.

Posted by: BillT at December 5, 2008 05:38 PM

That's Werekitty you're thinking about.

Where?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at December 5, 2008 05:40 PM

Time passes fast when ur undead.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at December 5, 2008 05:42 PM

Ms. Cassandra,

I find your commentary insightful and thought provoking. Your blog is something I try to get to every day that I am on line.

If I had a (RT) friend who blogged, I would want her to be like you. But I am quite pleased to observe you from afar and continue to be...happy is not the word, but it addesses part of it.

Your Marine is one fortunate gentleman. Semper Fi. I think it goes for the brides of Marines as well.

CW4, US Army

Posted by: CW4 KGP at December 5, 2008 07:37 PM

Thank you for the kind words. You guys have always been far more generous to me than I deserve.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 5, 2008 08:19 PM

Oh, fiddlesticks and pshaw.

*You're* the one who lets us hang out here, even if we get rowdy.

Uhhhhh -- okay, that last was probably redundant...

Posted by: BillT at December 6, 2008 02:13 AM