« Fish. Barrel. No Bullets Needed. | Main | Who Should Replace Kristol at the NY Times? »

January 27, 2009

It's Not Just A Job - It's An Adventure

Posted by Cassandra at January 27, 2009 07:31 AM

Comments

The Engineer made the CLUs watch the first training video. They need to refine their 'cleaning assault techniques' for speed and coordination. I have no doubt that they will improve after seeing this motivation.

Too funny!

Posted by: Cricket at January 27, 2009 03:07 PM

He also wants to know if there are more in-depth training for cleaning assaults using 'crawl, walk and run.'

Bwahahahaha!

Posted by: Cricket at January 27, 2009 03:09 PM

I remember trying to make a game out of picking up when my boys were small :p

Given how much I HATE to pick up after myself (I am clean but not neat) I sympathized with them when it came time to pick up their toys. We tried everything from toy basket basketball (2 pointer - block in the basket from 1/2way across the room!!! 3 pointer - bounce the Matchbox car off the bed and into the green plastic bin!) to timed pickups.

Posted by: Cass at January 27, 2009 03:24 PM

That spoonful of sugar...the stuff of which memories are made. We have The Waltons on DVD. For some reason, all the CLUs love that series, so we watch episodes while we fold clothes.

It is a whole production and rather silly, but it works.

Posted by: Cricket at January 27, 2009 06:36 PM

How do you get 7 grown men into a porta-potty? With weapons?

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 27, 2009 10:03 PM

How do you get 7 grown men into a porta-potty? With weapons?

Start out by getting them into a room, then gradually reduce the dimensions of the room.

Oh, yeah -- in order to squeeze everybody inside, the weapons' selector switches must be on full auto, so safety is a primary concern.

Posted by: BillT at January 27, 2009 10:48 PM

"How do you get 7 grown men into a porta-potty? With weapons?"

Maybe it was the sudden appearance of the Blog Princess and the Duvet Divas.

*snnort*
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 28, 2009 02:19 AM

Okay, it'd call for some additional training, but it would be *possible* to get them in if it were occupied by nine lovely female bloggers.

Thing is, since all us Army types are gennelmuns, I doubt you could get them to charge into what was, technically, a Ladies' Room.

Posted by: BillT at January 28, 2009 04:47 AM

""How do you get 7 grown men into a porta-potty? With weapons?"
At least they did not take a long time in there. Which reminds me... Ya know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him, the things he'd say to me...

But then he never called in QRT strikes!

Posted by: Eyegore at January 28, 2009 07:34 AM