« One Moment More | Main | Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Star »

January 06, 2009

Well All-righty Then...

Personally I always saw myself as more of a sassy, full bodied red, but whatever:

You Are Sauvignon Blanc
Engaging and energetic, you have a lot to offer the world - most of it they've never seen anywhere else!
You are the type of person who carves your own path in life... and you invite everyone else to come along.
The only thing predictable about you is that you could have anything up your sleeve.
You're all about sampling all of life's experiences. Both the savory and unsavory ones.

Deep down you are: Laid back and young at heart

Your partying style: Anything goes... seriously!

Your company is enjoyed best with: Smoked meats or spicy food
What Kind of Wine Are You?

"Both the savory and unsavory ones???"

*rolling eyes in disbelief*

Who writes these things? Sheesh.

Posted by Cassandra at January 6, 2009 12:00 PM

Comments

You Are Chardonnay

Fresh, spirited, and classic - you have many facets to your personality.
You can be sweet and light. Or deep and complex.
You have a little bit of something to offer everyone... no wonder you're so popular.
Approachable and never smug, you are easy to get to know (and love!).

Deep down you are: Dependable and modest

Your partying style: Understated and polite

Your company is enjoyed best with: Cold or wild meat

I don't even drink wine. The closest I get is Welch's grape juice.

Oh well.

Posted by: Cricket at January 6, 2009 01:52 PM

Fresh, spirited, and classic - you have many facets to your personality.
You can be sweet and light. Or deep and complex.
Approachable and never smug, you are easy to get to know (and love!).

Deep down you are: Dependable and modest

Your partying style: Understated and polite

Your company is enjoyed best with: Cold or wild meat
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I only quibble about wild meat. I am not a fan.

Posted by: Carrie at January 6, 2009 02:02 PM

Chardonnay

Fresh, spirited, and classic - you have many facets to your personality.
You can be sweet and light. Or deep and complex.
Approachable and never smug, you are easy to get to know (and love!).

Deep down you are: Dependable and modest

Your partying style: Understated and polite

Your company is enjoyed best with: Cold or wild meat

I'll take the wild meat. Moose and Deer are pretty good if done right. Same for bear. Not a fan of rabbit or snake though.

I don't know about 'popular'...

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 6, 2009 02:21 PM

"Chardonnay" my feminine-side butt. I may be dependable. I may be (occasionally) polite. I even may be modest (although I do my best to hise it). I am certainly a "classic" (at least in terms of antiquity), and I might be even better with a side of cold or wild meat.

But one thing I ain't is "popular."

Posted by: spd rdr at January 6, 2009 02:29 PM

Sauvignon Blanc...I have to agree with the "savory or unsavory ones," though. I've relished my share of both!

But I think I am predictable.

Posted by: April at January 6, 2009 02:32 PM

CHARDONNAY?

Does my wine glass make my butt look big?

At least it wasn't a freakin' Merlot...

Posted by: vet66 at January 6, 2009 02:34 PM

I dunno.... y'all are going to have a difficult time living that "wild meat" thing down :p

Posted by: So-vinjustsayin' at January 6, 2009 02:58 PM

Chick quiz.

"None of the above" failed to make an appearance in the answer columns, so I guess that makes me jes' plain sour grapes...

Posted by: BillT at January 6, 2009 03:53 PM

I think the answers were kind of hokey.

I had a hard time picking on several of them. That probably explains spd being a Chard (I see him as a Nebbiolo, personally :p

And Vet66 really ought to be a Cabernet.

Posted by: So-vinjustsayin' at January 6, 2009 04:13 PM

Just as I suspected - when I took the test it said this:

"Wine is for wussies. You are a rock solid, complex, ass kicking Kentucky bourbon served neat in crystal tumbler."

Then RK played this fine tune:

When trouble comes knockin'
Beatin' down your front door
When the devil starts stalkin'
One thing holds the cure

Drink your whiskey down
Put sorrow in the ground
Drink your whiskey down
When no life can be found
Drink your whiskey down!

Posted by: KJ at January 6, 2009 05:01 PM

Heh. I'm such a squish.

I was chardonnay, too.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at January 6, 2009 05:25 PM

Going through and picking some alternative answers, yet still having some core answer I wouldn't change - regardless of what you think of the wine choice... I suspect the answer is reflective of the values we all share that make this a convivial place.

If that makes me a chardonnay, well, there are worse labels.

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at January 6, 2009 05:27 PM

Heh. To get to Sauvignon Blanc, I had to change one answer.

From childish antics to feeling misunderstood...

Posted by: John of Argghhh! at January 6, 2009 05:28 PM

But that's not what I picked for that question :p

Posted by: Cassandra at January 6, 2009 05:42 PM

From childish antics to feeling misunderstood...

Sorta running the entire gamut of emotions from A to B, eh?

Posted by: BillT at January 6, 2009 05:50 PM

I picked 'bad manners'.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 6, 2009 06:02 PM

FWIW, I think #4 is important.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 6, 2009 06:04 PM

I picked 'bad manners' too.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 6, 2009 08:12 PM

What does one drink with unsavory experiences?
Or savory ones? A dry whine?

Posted by: Cricket at January 6, 2009 08:16 PM

I drink Jack with unsavory experiences. Which is probably why they are unsavory in the first place...

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 6, 2009 11:54 PM

I scored Chardonnay and that's what I usually choose, unless a really nice red wine is available. Really nice red wines usually cost a lot more than chardonnay. Why was there no question about cost?

Until my daughter's in-laws had us over for dinner last Christmas, I used to think I hated champagne. I found out that was because I'd never paid more that $5 for a bottle. The good stuff is really good!

Posted by: Donna B. at January 7, 2009 03:30 AM

I'm Chardonnay, too. I actually drink White Zinfandel if I drink wine.

I chose the "bad manners" answer to the question, same as Cass. But I have to say that most of the questions had the sort of answers to choose from that didn't really fit me anyway.

Should I go cut myself?

Posted by: MathMom at January 7, 2009 07:59 AM

Cheap champagn is ok for mimosas in the morning, mixed with orange juice.
But buy the good stuff if you are drinking it straight. It pays. :)

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 7, 2009 08:32 AM

I selected 'bad manners' as well. I agree about most of the answers to the questions. They didn't fit me. There was no organic or non-alcoholic choice offered. Who do I sue?

Posted by: Cricket at January 7, 2009 09:49 AM

Hmmmm. That web site said I was communion wine.

Then I changed one answer and I was Mad Dog 20/20.

There is a fine line between heaven and hell.

Posted by: Father O'Malley at January 8, 2009 07:10 PM

You're telling me.

Posted by: Sister Mary Bag O'Metaphors at January 8, 2009 07:22 PM

Cheap champagn is ok for mimosas in the morning, mixed with orange juice.
But buy the good stuff if you are drinking it straight.

Listen to the wise man. He speaks wisdom.

Posted by: Sister Mary Bag O'Metaphors at January 8, 2009 07:23 PM

Merlot. None of the "characteristics" match me....

Huh?

Posted by: JannyMae at January 8, 2009 08:58 PM

I'm a chard-

Fresh, spirited, and classic - you have many facets to your personality.
You can be sweet and light. Or deep and complex.
Approachable and never smug, you are easy to get to know (and love!).

Deep down you are: Dependable and modest

Your partying style: Understated and polite

Your company is enjoyed best with: Cold or wild meat.

Well... DUH... of COURSE I go best with Wild Meat! sheesh. Shoulda been obvious.

Posted by: AFSister at January 9, 2009 01:45 PM

Uh-oh.

It's not gonna be safe for a guy to walk under the chandelier anymore...

Posted by: BillT at January 9, 2009 02:27 PM

Depends on how 'wild' the meat is...

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 9, 2009 06:48 PM

...and how nimble.

Posted by: BillT at January 10, 2009 04:59 AM

...or willing.

Did *I* say that?

Yup.

Posted by: Cricket at January 10, 2009 07:55 AM

Ah, we've missed Lady Cricket's insightful and incisive contributions to the Castle Comment Parties.

Of course, there haven't *been* any for a while.

Which may be the reason that we've missed Lady Cricket's insightful and incisive contributions...

Posted by: BillT at January 10, 2009 10:08 AM

> What Kind of Wine Are You?

I'm more of a frommage, actually.

That or a blancmange. Not sure.

Posted by: Obloodyhell at January 10, 2009 11:11 AM

Aw..shucks. You're just buttering me up. You know how long it took me to clean off the holodeck after the last one?

Not to mention keeping that Moat Monster fed?

Posted by: Cricket at January 10, 2009 01:07 PM

Would the Moat Monster be considered 'wild meat'?

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 10, 2009 03:23 PM

Nope -- it's a "Moat Kitty"...

...decidedly *not* to be confused with a WereKitty.

Posted by: BillT at January 10, 2009 03:59 PM

*bites tongue and runz away*

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 10, 2009 06:26 PM

Does chardonnay go with tongue?

Posted by: BillT at January 10, 2009 07:10 PM

Oooh... cheese and whine! Whose tongue did you bite? The Moat Monster is a Tame Creature and loves scraps from the Castle Kitchen. As the Castle Chef, keeping the Moat Monster fed was sort of my job. Then life interfered and I haven't fed him since. But we haven't had a lot of comment parties either...maybe it is time to see if the Moat Monster can take me hunting for viands with which to provision the Castle Pantry?

Posted by: Cricket at January 10, 2009 07:47 PM

Poor Moat Monster is probably starving.

Posted by: Sly's Wardrobe Mistress at January 11, 2009 02:18 AM