« Oops | Main | Reality Bites »

February 03, 2009

I Blame John Hawkins

I did not need to see the words "naked", "unicorn", and "Obama" in the same sentence. Certainly, the juxtaposition of "Art" with the preceding terms gives added cause for alarm. But since the Editorial Staff has detected a seismic shift in the Blatherosphere, we must investigate, even at the risk of our sanity.

Obama joins the Jehovah's Witnesses:

citybeat.gif

I do not even know what to say about this, except that C.S. Lewis has a lot to answer for. One can only hope that what happens in Narnia, stays in Narnia:

obamasunicornluv.jpg

Somewhere, a romance novel is missing its hero.

obama-unicorn-300x450.jpg

Ooooooo-kay... (possibly NSFW)

Looking back, Brian realized his "intimacy issues" all sprang from that fatal first date with Tiffany:

widget_b-0k4ct_Xgx5IoUkRb8R0l.jpg

Oh dear God.

I think I saw this in the Smithsonian:

barack-obama-art1-400.jpg

Worrisome. Extremely worrisome.

The action figure:

dsc_4833.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at February 3, 2009 06:07 PM

Comments

Jehovah's Witnesses... That gives a new meaning to the term: "Watch Tower".

Posted by: Boquisucio at February 3, 2009 07:04 PM

Sports. I'm sticking to sports.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 3, 2009 07:04 PM

Gads... The dawning of the Age of Aquarius is more than a little unsettling... It seems as if it's all skating away.

I think I'm going to take up professional drinking in order to be chemically blinded for the next for years.

Excuse me... I'm going to start training with a thirty two ounce Schlitz Malt Liquor and an eight ounces of Bacardi 151.

Posted by: bthun at February 3, 2009 07:34 PM

...or next four years.

Posted by: bthun at February 3, 2009 07:35 PM

It gets even worse. There is actually an Obama, um, how do I put this, ah, what's a synonym for dildo?

I guess ye olde thesaurus doesn't have one.

Posted by: William Teach at February 3, 2009 07:52 PM

"...what's a synonym for dildo?

The names of a few trolls come to mind.....

0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at February 3, 2009 08:08 PM

"what's a synonym for dildo"
Funny you should ask. A recently discovered and deciphered clay tablet in Egypt mentions that one could trek to denial and pluck a suitable harry reid. Goes to show, the more things change...

Oh gads. Half way through my malt liquor and I see this. All 500 million!

Anyone interested in a poker game?

Posted by: bthun at February 3, 2009 08:11 PM

'Skating Away' is one of my all-time favorite songs, bthun.

I think if I had a top ten list, that surely would be on it. Thanks :)

Posted by: Cass at February 3, 2009 08:20 PM

What must I do to un-see all this???

Posted by: Joy McCann at February 3, 2009 11:15 PM

C.S.Lewis doesn't have anything to answer for. He would have been more disgusted with this than anyone.
Some people have things they need to answer to C.S.Lewis for.

Posted by: Trish at February 4, 2009 01:09 AM

I agree, Trish :p

I just couldn't resist the quip.

Posted by: Cass at February 4, 2009 04:39 AM

"'Skating Away' is one of my all-time favorite songs,"
I enjoy a little Ian Anderson every now and again. Wond'ring Aloud when having a watching the sunset moment with Walkin' Boss. Thick as a Brick after watching politico's preen on the tube. Aqualung as I check on my investments rate of crater. Heavy Horses when the horses in the pasture are bucking and prancing, and Hymn #43 when I have a Neanderthal urge consume me... Jesus save me!

Posted by: bthun at February 4, 2009 11:13 AM

bthun, don't you know that the other 200 million are in the remaining seven states? Of course, we will send Richard Dean through the Stargate to take the stimulus package to them.

Caption contest?

Hm...must think after my brain cells return to normal.

Would it help if I said I got an 'A' on my paper on global feminism?

Posted by: Cricket at February 4, 2009 06:47 PM

MY EYES!!!! You know, the one of him on the white horse is disturbingly reminiscent of the one done for Hitler as the knight on horseback.

Scary.

Posted by: Cricket at February 4, 2009 06:49 PM

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am gonna poke me eyes out now. ew.

Posted by: kate at February 5, 2009 01:30 AM

"bthun, don't you know that the other 200 million are in the remaining seven states? "
Pheeew! I was afraid that Nan had figured out a way to render all of us unemployed*2. Or that she was counting The Children™ plus the current crop of those here illegally and their extended family members poised at the fence waiting for BO & Co. to strike the amnesty colors.

It's just so hard to keep up with the actions, much less the intent, of our elected and appointed, not to mention inherited, leaders.

Hey buddy, can you spare an off-shore, tax free account?

Posted by: bthun at February 5, 2009 11:02 AM