« A Bit Late for Buyer's Remorse, Isn't It? | Main | This Is Transparency and Accountability? »

February 27, 2009

More Perverse Incentives: the Cost of Class Warfare

torched.jpg

The Democrats may wish to take notes.

Posted by Cassandra at February 27, 2009 08:19 AM

Comments

Chrysler and GM should be so lucky.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 27, 2009 10:34 AM

I've been thinking about this all morning... well actually I've had Janice Joplin's voice in my head singing,

Oh Lord, won't ya burn me a Mercedes Benz,
My hooligan friends torch Porches, I must make amends...
Slouched hard all mah life, with no help from BO's friends,
Oh Lord, won't ya torch me a Mercedes Benz.

I'll stop there because the second verse is worse than the first. =8^}

Posted by: bt_hang-em-high_hun at February 27, 2009 10:55 AM

Gives an entirely new meaning to the phrase, "He's got a really hot car"...

Posted by: BillT at February 27, 2009 10:55 AM

I'll stop there...

Um, no, sorry, you don't get to. You've gotten the tune stuck in my head now. If I have to go half the day with that song in my head, I should at least get to have good lyrics to go with it.
Spill 'em!
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at February 27, 2009 11:05 AM

Not only are these knotheads unappreciative of fine German technology, they failed to appreciate the history and implications of the firebombing of Dresden.

I can see why they are declase!

Posted by: vet66 at February 27, 2009 01:58 PM

There wasn't an ethnic demographic posted with that story. I am wondering what age and ethnicity the punks are. I would say it is a hate crime, vandalism, etc. but because it is a protest, it is elevated to an understandable outrage.

Posted by: Cricket at February 27, 2009 02:55 PM

I say that only because Germany has absorbed massive immigration since reunification.

Posted by: Cricket at February 27, 2009 02:57 PM

I've calculated that each of these car fire- bombings has produced 7,684 million tons of pollutants into the atmosphere, thereby raising the overall temperature of the Earth by nearly 3833 degrees. Not only have these heartfelt, but wrongheaded acts resulted in droughts, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, faime, plague, boils, and Brittany Spears,throughout the entire solar system, they have also caused tens of millions of cuddly baby seals to drown in puddles of their cuteness.

I say enough.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 27, 2009 03:06 PM

Today's word is:

Carbecue

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at February 27, 2009 03:37 PM

Pardon me for being slow, but I'm not getting it. Since the rich have gotten richer under the rule of the Republicans, I'd say that any class warfare resulting would be on their hands.

But I gotta say all those torched cars must be an interesting sight!

Posted by: Lawyer Mama at February 28, 2009 12:42 PM

Yeah, it's the Republicans' fault. It's always the rich people's fault when the poor people get so upset that they have no choice but to burn and pillage. Just like it's the victim's fault that the mugger had to use a gun. He probably would have preferred a peaceful redistribution of wealth, but we forced his hand.

Posted by: Texan99 at February 28, 2009 12:55 PM

How is it "class warfare" for one individual to earn more than another? Is there some law against making money in this country? If so, I missed it.

Obviously you believe Karl Marx was right:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". As does our current president.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 28, 2009 01:04 PM

Nah Tex, you have to know that, aw hell, simply stated it's that mean ole, unfair capitalist system. Or as some fellow named Engels once observed,

"The proletariat seizes state power, and then transforms the means of production into state property. But in doing this, it puts an end to itself as the proletariat, it puts an end to all class differences and class antagonisms, it puts an end also to the state as the state."
Once First Secretary Mulus Maximus, aka I One!, aided by the majority Jackass party takes us all to his virtual Persia where everyone is equal in all ways to everyone else –the exception being the Politburo of course- to labor, without the stain of class or wealth, shoulder to shoulder. To struggle together in order to rend a might ACORN from a worthless Oak tree... Ah, wait one!

Once again this nagging question arises, why labor when Xerxes will take from those who do and give to those who don't?

Posted by: bt_Have-Barter-Will-Travel_hun at February 28, 2009 01:25 PM

...why labor when Xerxes will take from those who do and give to those who don't?

So everyone will learn the proper pronunciation of Μολὼν λαβέ!

Posted by: BillT at February 28, 2009 02:20 PM

Amen Bill.

Posted by: bt_hang-em-high_hun at February 28, 2009 02:26 PM

"Oh Lord, won't ya burn me a Mercedes Benz,
My hooligan friends torch Porches, I must make amends...
Slouched hard all mah life, with no help from BO's friends,
Oh Lord, won't ya torch me a Mercedes Benz."
Posted by: bt_hang-em-high_hun at February 27, 2009 10:55 AM

Achtung, baby!
(URL just 'cause)

Today's word is:
Carbecue
Posted by: Don Brouhaha at February 27, 2009 03:37 PM

Well played...

Posted by: camojack at March 1, 2009 01:24 AM

Μολὼν λαβέ -- very nice. It's a good thing for Google, or I'd never have figured out what that meant. I'm going to put it on a sign on my front gate.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 2, 2009 11:23 AM