« Gates Blows Off Military Families on Coffin Ban | Main | Obama and Perverse Incentives »

February 26, 2009

Yep. Sounds Like a Federal Case To Us....

Great moments in law enforcement.

Posted by Cassandra at February 26, 2009 01:28 PM

Comments

Are we sure this alleged X-ray wasn't the Congressional/BO Federal Budget roadmap?

You never know what you'll get when you let Barney Frank do the PowerPoint® slides.

I think I need to put my staff to work investigating this so called X-ray.

Posted by: Dan Wite-Out ® Blather at February 26, 2009 04:24 PM

Put's on righteous attorneys' hat, and turns to the jury box.

Ladies and gentlemen, you have heard many days of tetimony about how my client allegedly engaged in reapeated unnatural acts with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Senator Barney Frank, the FDIC, FTC, FDC, most of K-Street, and the FU-ICU division of Homeland Security. The testimony has been graphic at times, but it has always appeared kind of fuzzy around the edges. Plainly not the kind of evidence that most Americans might download to their computers hoping that their spouses won't find.

All I ask of you is that you answer one simple question: If it was your own x-ray that revealed a "sex device" lodged way, way, way up in a tube where nature expects only outgoing mail, should you, and you alone, be granted the exclusive rights to display such an image on the Internet?

They are paying hefty royalties for stupid these days, members of the jury. Shouldn't you get yours, too?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 26, 2009 07:18 PM

ott, but is that a monkey on the right side of your banner?

Posted by: adagioforstrings at February 26, 2009 09:26 PM

I'm told it's a marmosett.

A stuffed marmosett, to be precise :p
That's a really old joke - when I had weekly caption contests going, I used to promise a non-existent prize to the winner: a stuffed marmosett by parcel post.

I'm not really sure why I did that, but it took. The Armorer of Argghhh made me a banner with a stuffed marmosett. Before that, I am not even sure I knew what a marmosett looked like. I just liked the way it sounded.

Posted by: Cass at February 26, 2009 09:39 PM

And believe me, it's much better to be hit with a stuffed marmoset than a flying trivet.

*rubs still-sore spot on back of shoulder*

0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at February 26, 2009 11:37 PM

It's a white-faced marmoset (Callithrix geoffroyi), to be precise.

*hunkering down in anticipation of flung trivet accompanied by "Racist!" squawk *

Posted by: BillT at February 27, 2009 06:51 AM

Wait... the marmoset is a lie?!? I won't be getting one?

Next I'll suppose you'll tell me the cake is a lie as well.

Posted by: MikeD at February 27, 2009 09:08 AM

The trivet is real enough.

[Memo to self: seal the vent in the bunker]

Posted by: BillT at February 27, 2009 10:09 AM

Even further ott, it appears that marmosets are two-nosed, stinky monkeys who live in trees:

Because of the presence of this "second nose," scents are very important tools of communication in New World monkeys, and common marmosets convey information by marking objects with secretions from specialized scent glands on their chests and around their anus and genitals (Lazaro-Perea et al. 1999). The main information conveyed by scent-marking includes demarcating home range and resources within that range, signifying social status, and advertising reproductive status (Stevenson & Rylands 1988; Lazaro-Perea et al. 1999; Ziegler et al. 2005).

Posted by: adagioforstrings at March 1, 2009 04:15 PM